Status: We're getting there, slowly. =/

A Battle of Hearts

Chapter One

I'm never going to make it there, wherever there is anyway.

She was wet, and so unbelievably cold. She wasn't even sure how she was able to walk anymore, with the storm going on and all. Numb; that's how she felt right now. If felt as if her body went on auto, and she was just along for the ride.

So cold. The rain felt like glass, as if it was digging into her skin, and attacking her poor muscles. She just wanted to give up, to lay down and sleep, to be warm again. Why was she here again? God, she just wanted to turn back around; to go back home.

Home. That's it, that's why she's here. He's why she's here. That monster. That vile piece of flesh and organs who dares to call himself a man. She can't help but chuckle bitterly at that thought. If he was truly a man then she'd rather be alone the rest of her life.

She slipped on the muddy street and fell to her knees. As she shakily stood up and continued on, she wondered if this pain was worth getting away. He won't make her feel the pain she's in right now. Yes, she should turn back and maybe he'll be lenient about her running away. Wait. No, she can't. She has to do this.

"Even if," her eyes well up with tears. "Even if I end up going back to him. I-I can't just give up without a fight." Each word felt like she was forcing it out of her mouth, like she would choke if she kept them in anymore. Her throat feels like it's on fire, and before she knows it she's coughing violently.

No, I can't get sick. Not now; I need to get away! She thinks as she carefully and (as quickly as she can manage) maneuvers around a puddle in the middle of the road. Briefly, she glances down to see just how much of a wreck she looks like. Her reflection is nonexistent in this heavy of rain, but what lies beneath the surface is visible.[1]

She looks down at the little tadpoles swimming around in the middle of the splashing water; avoiding the droplets crashing down from above. So innocent, and despite the limitations of space; they're free.

Freedom. That word hits her like ice; painful, cold, jagged and yet completely numbing. If only she could be so lucky. No, she's not lucky. If she were, than maybe she could have that right back.[2] If she were truly lucky, then he never would have taken it away, never taken anything and everything away from her. But no, he made sure she would never be the same again, and she curses herself for letting it get this far.

If only I wasn't so fucking stupid. Then, maybe none of this would have ever happened. She smiles bitterly to herself and looks up, further down the road. Her speed picks up only slightly when she sees her destination; the Kuchiki Manor.
♠ ♠ ♠
The entire story is now going to be rewritten and made better!

By the way, the things in italics are thoughts by the reader. Some words that are randomly italicized aren't however. I'm currently working on that. Gomen! Gomen! Gomen!. Dx

[1]: This has two meanings to it and I just thought I'd clear it up. The first one is more like a mirror-into-the-soul type and it shows that underneath the water, or (Name)'s surface, is a fragile being that craves for freedom and family to surround her. The other meaning, well it's just that underneath the surface of the water, there are tadpoles. xD

[2]: I just wanted to clarify that 'right' is meant as 'human rights'. I didn't want anyone thinking, "What?"

So please enjoy my newly rewritten story! Lemme know what 'chu think, kay? :}

I no own Bleach. If I did, you'd know. Trust me~ ;D