Status: first chapter is up, second coming soon!

You're an angel; You little devil.

Its best left unsaid

I was almost home, now. Walking briskly, occasionally glancing behind me. He wasn't there. I'd helped myself out of the lake and ran for it. Never before have I come across a vampire (that I knew of) and it terrified me, I had no idea what to do or how to act, so I just bolted for it like an antelope that has just spotted that lion hiding in the long grass.

I rounded the corner into my driveway and ran up the steps to the stone house. Pushing the door open, I was greeted with the stern sound of my Mum's voice.

“Eva?” she barked. “Is that you?”

“Yeah, Mum” I replied, lazily, flopping onto the sofa and kicking off my shoes. “Went to feed to ducks.” I had no intention of telling her, she'd totally over-react. I didn't need that.

“Right, busy down there?”

“Not really.”

That was it, conversation over. I heard the back door slam which meant she'd gone out to the garden . She'd stay out there all day. I took the opportunity to replay the last half an hour over and over in my mind. Each time it looped, I felt more and more stupid. I should have stayed, he wouldn't have done anything. On the other hand, I knew nothing about vampires. Nothing.
After a good research session on the internet, all that could be found was the original Dracula theory and pages and pages of Twilight. Ridiculous.

I knew that it was probably best to hear it straight from the horses mouth, the problem was, could I trust the horse. I hoped on one part that the vampire was a tourist and wouldn't show his face here again. I then decided that it was probably not worth thinking about. It was over.
I padded back down stairs and ran into my Mum in the kitchen again, she was washing out some fruit she'd picked from the garden.

“You've been quiet this afternoon, whats up?” she asked, not taking her eyes off the assorted fruit in the metal sieve.

“Nothing, just got a lot on, really” I replied, trying my hardest to sound cheerful. Mum hummed to herself in a tune that said 'I don't believe you'.

“Go in my purse, get a couple of quid for yourself and go to the something or something, go and buy yourself an ice cream!” I wasn't going to argue with 'a couple of quid' at stake, so I took the money and my I-pod (which had a lucky escape after the lake incident) and went on my way into the village, mentally kicking myself whenever the vampire had appeared in my train of thought.

I had decided some comfort food was a good idea to I walked to the local chip shop, ordered some chips and bread and butter and took a seat by the window and tucked into my food.
After so long of staring out of the window, noticing things on the main street that I'd never noticed before, the chair opposite the table moved and as I turned to look, there he was again, I jumped, I hadn't thought about him in roughly 10 minutes!

“Hi,” he said, cautiously, his mid-length hair settling after a battle from the outside wind. “Please don't run off, this time” he paused to chuckle and I decided to stay put, curious at what he wanted from me. “I'm sorry about before, not sure whether that was an accident or what.” I knew he was referring to him showing me his 666, but I still felt bitter about falling into the lake.

“So what did you want?” I said, still scoffing on a chip butty. The Vampire looked slightly embarrassed, now.

“I wanted to know where the post office was.”

“Ri...ght” I replied. “Do you live round here?”

“Yeah” he chuckled “my Mum sent me out on a mission, you know how they are”

'Yeah' I thought 'I know how angel parents are, but vampires? No clue, sorry!' I just smiled at him nervously.

“Look, let me make it up to you, I still feel bad about scaring you” he said, flashing a brilliant grin that drew me in for the length of time he held it for, felt like hours.

“yeah, ok” I replied, trying to act cool.

What the hell was I getting myself into?!