Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Eleven

Sleeping wasn't coming very easy for me as I lay in bed waiting on a reply from Frank...if there were going to be a reply at all.

I tossed and turned until I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. My fingers were gripped tightly around it and suddenly I didn't want to read the text I'd just received.

My heart raced and I slowly peeled my fingers from my phone and unclenched my tight fist so I could read his reply.

I scanned my eyes over his simple one liner, a predictable Frank line.

'It all depends, is this you?'

I sighed and began typing my reply back.

'Yes, it is me...but I’m guessing you knew that already. Sorry to text at such an absurd time in the morning, just...felt the need to.' I hit send and then placed my phone on my bedside table instead of clutching it in my hand with some kind of death grip.

Not long after I'd sent my text to Frank my phone buzzed. I whipped it from the table and clicked open to read what it said.

'I knew you'd miss me, how about I come see you? I can leave tomorrow? Just to hang out...' I choked a little and felt myself get slightly dizzy and confused.

I typed in yes all too quickly, but deleted it. How did I know he wasn't sitting with his band or other friends and they were making a joke out of me.

'If you really want to travel to North Dakota, then go for it. Maybe I'll see you in a few days...' I placed my phone back on my bedside table and finally felt like I wanted to sleep. I didn't sit up and wait on a reply from Frank. If he was joking, I didn't want him to have any further laugh at me by reading my almost desperate sounding texts.

I lay on my side and closed my eyes, I heard a faint buzz but my laziness had consumed me and I didn't bother reading what he'd said.

***

Frank plagued my dreams that night. I dreamt he'd shown up on my front step with all of his friends. They mocked me for being a crazy fan girl and said I was stupid for even thinking Frank and I could be something.

I'd woke from that dream but had fallen back to sleep almost immediately after but he was still there. He was just a stranger passing me in the street, staring as he went.

I shook my head and grabbed my phone from the table. I'd forgotten I'd heard my phone buzz so was surprised to see an unread message from Frank flashing on my screen.

'See you soon' was all it read. I closed it down and sighed, not believing he would actually show.

Throwing back the covers from my bed, I got myself up, showered and dressed and waited on what the day would bring. I wasn't back to work until later on in the evening so I had most of the day to kill.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do realise there hasn't been a lot of Frank. There will be soon. I promise...