Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Twelve

''Cleo, my lovely, nice to see you're back doing some work.'' Eddy chirped sarcastically as he walked into the venue to see me perched on the edge of the stage where a few bands would be playing in a few hours.

''Everything is done. If you were actually here running the place you'd have seen that happen.'' I shot back. I wasn't in any mood for Eddy's attitude.

''Well maybe if you ever have your own business to run, you'll know you don't always need to be on time since there's no one to sack you.'' His creepy smirk grew across his face.

I scowled at him and jumped down from the stage, pushing past him as I went.

''Moron.'' I muttered under my breath at Eddy as I stomped off to the back of the venue so I could head out for some air. Eddy would only find me sitting doing nothing if I stayed inside.

I stood out back of the venue where the tour buses were sat, probably holding a few band members, maybe their friends and music equipment, who knew? I'd never been on one of them before.

I sat on the edge of the road and sighed. I took my phone from my pocket and glanced at the screen. I half expected to see a text from Frank, but that was just wishful thinking.

I re-read the few texts we'd sent between each other and clicked create new message. I replayed the moment Frank and I had met in my mind. I looked towards the spot I was stood on and could see Frank as clear as day, as if he were there in front of me.

I was turning crazy and that never happened to me. I couldn't let Frank change me into some soppy, love struck teenager, it wasn't right, it wasn't in my nature to be like that.

I opted against texting him and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

''CLEO!'' I heard the piercing sound of Eddy's voice call. ''GET INSIDE!'' He yelled.

I knew no other boss would talk to a member of staff the way Eddy spoke to me and the few others that worked for him, but we were all too used to it to care.

I pushed myself up from the cold road and sauntered back into the venue to see what Eddy possibly needed from me that he couldn't have done himself.

''Yes, your royal highness?'' My tone was dripping with frustration and sarcasm as I stood behind Eddy who currently had his back to me as he told off a new kid.

''Cleo, there you are!'' He ranted, clutching onto my arm and dragging me towards the stage. ''Help this child out, he doesn't understand what to do!'' Eddy huffed then threw my arm by my side and pranced away from the shaken up boy and my annoyed self.

''Ignore him, he was the same when I started, you learn to accept he's an ass.'' I told the boy as I jumped up on stage beside him.

''Thanks...'' He mumbled and turned away from me.

''What's your name?'' I asked as I picked up the tangled mess of wires that were by his feet.

''Aiden, and yours?'' He asked me as he adjusted some microphone stands.

''Cleo, and nice to meet you.'' I told him and stuck out my hand for him to shake.

''You too.'' Aiden smiled. His smile was shy but his features were bold.

His hair was dyed a bright white colour and his eyes were round and green, not even the thick, black rimmed glasses could distract you from them. His nose sat underneath a blanket of light freckles and his lips were more full than what you would usually see on a boy.

His black skinny jeans had a rip at the knee and his t-shirt which stated 'I Make Dirty Love' clung to his torso. A pair of colourful high top Nike's adorned his feet which he noticed me staring at and began to shuffle from foot to foot.

''I enjoy those shoes.'' I stated and grinned. I'll admit I probably looked creepy but I was actually trying to make him feel comfortable.

''Thanks.'' Was all he replied with.

I knew I wasn't going to get much conversation out of him so I gave up and asked what he didn't understand.

''Eddy said I have to untangle all of the wires and put them into the correct holes and sockets. All I asked was how I knew which holes they went into and he called you over.'' Aiden told me, sounding a little pissed off to say the least.

''Eddy doesn't like to explain himself, mainly because he doesn't know where these wires go either.'' I informed Aiden which made him smirk. ''But don't worry, I'll help you out.'' I smiled and began to train Aiden on how to do his job.

Something Eddy should have been doing but he was far more useless than a new kid.

***

''Thanks for the help Cleo.'' Aiden said as I jumped down from the stage to go home.

''Any time, always happy to help.'' I replied and gave him a small wave. I proceeded to walk away until I heard footsteps getting louder behind me. I turned to see Aiden following me.

''You leaving too?'' I asked and continue to walk.

''No, not yet. I just wanted to know if you were staying for the gig tonight?'' He asked. He scratched the back of his head, more than likely to distract me from the slight blush in his cheeks.

''Nah, sick of this place to be honest. Just need to get out for a while.'' I informed him.

''Next time, yeah?'' His voice was full of hope.

''Maybe.'' I replied and left Aiden in his spot as I continued to leave and make my way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked