Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Thirteen

Aiden ran through my mind my whole journey home. It wasn't because I liked him, it was because I was comparing him to Frank.

I was comparing the way they looked, their hair, their clothes. I compared the way the spoke to me and handled themselves. In more ways than many, Aiden was a better and more practical choice of boy for me the more I thought about it...but the way Frank was around me got me more excited and breathless.

I needed someone that could stand up to me and beat me down and Frank did that. Frank was a male version of myself and that's why I was so small around him. I knew I acted the same way with boys I met and from experience, I knew they were speechless and slightly scared.

I was like that with Frank and I loved it, I loved feeling that way around him. It sounds crazy and weird I know but I couldn't stop myself from needing that feeling.

I was slouched in-front of the TV waiting for something exciting to happen and subconsciously I pulled out my phone and scrolled back to my texts. My thumb scrolled to create once again and this time I started to type.

'When will you be here?' Was all I asked. I knew it was potentially foolish of me and he might have been joking when he said it but the more I thought about Frank, the more I wanted him to be with me.

I hit send and threw my phone away from me as if to pretend I hadn't sent it.

A few moments later my phone buzzed across the living room floor where it had landed. I scrambled to go pick it up and to my disappointment Lucy's name flashed on the screen.

'Hey darling, party tonight, you in?' She asked me. It wasn't like I was doing anything else so I replied yes and darted to my room to find something to wear.

***

Lucy talked me through what I was going to wear via telephone conversation and web-cam while I did the same for her. We were never ok choosing an outfit without a little help from each other.

I opted on my high wasted shorts and a purple and black stripy t-shirt which I tucked in. I had some black tights on and a pair or purple vans. I clipped the sides of my hair back and curled the parts that hung lifelessly at the back of my head. I swept my bangs to the right of my face and applied a little touch of make up.

Lucy on the other hand had went for a dark blue dress with a random embroidered pattern going up the side. She had opted for a pair of sheer tights and some blue flat shoes. Her hair was all straight and loose and she applied heavy eye make up.

Lucy was always one to go that little bit further with her appearance, I on the other hand was out to impress no one so I didn't make the effort.

I met Lucy outside of the house that the party was being thrown at. Neither of us new the owner of the house or who the party was for but more than likely, half of the people that were there didn't know either.

If there was word of a party, the whole neighbourhood and a few extras would hear about it and turn up. Free alcohol and shelter was all people needed.

''Let's go find the kitchen!'' I called to Lucy as we made our way through the house. The music was blaring and I couldn't hear myself think let alone talk.

Lucy grabbed onto my hand and I pulled her through the dancing bodies that had gathered all around the house. I finally found the kitchen which was crowded with people I'd never seen before.

''Is there anyone here that we know?'' I asked Lucy as I poured us both a drink of some bright blue liquid.

''Possibly...I'm not sure. Jake should be here...but that's about all I know.'' She stated sheepishly.

''Jake?'' I questioned bluntly.

''Please don't be mad, he asked if I wanted to come so I said yes, beats being in the house.'' Lucy explained.

I nodded and tried to brush my annoyance away. Jake wasn't one of my favourite people, not after I'd caught him cheating on Lucy with one of her cousins at a family party.

Being her friend I'd obviously told Lucy who then had a go at myself and tried to hit me. She called me a jealous liar but I dragged her to where he was stood, glued to the face of her family member, but Lucy was so in love with him even after that had happened that she would run to his every call.

She knew it annoyed me and she knew I was only looking out for her so she ignored how snappy I got about him when and if his name was mentioned.

''Oh, I see him.'' She chirped. The happiness in her voice made me want to punch him. He was always so cocky when ever we spoke. To be fair we only shared four words between ourselves but the words he said to me were always in his smarmy tone.

''Hey Lucy.'' He said as he cosied up to her side, kissing her cheek. ''Hey there.'' He then said to me, a side smirk growing on his lips.

''Fuck off.'' Were the only two words I said and stormed off from the pair of them. That's how it always went when we saw each other. I'd learnt from past experience to just go away from them rather than stay. When Lucy told me they had gotten back together after he'd cheated, he stood in front of me and grinned, I then hit him.

After that we always used to argue and shout at each other. It upset Lucy as you can imagine so I just left them to it. I didn't want to be in the middle of a broken down relationship so I kept my nose out.

''Cleo!'' I heard my name being called above the loud music. I spun, making sure not to spill my drink as I did so. All I could see was a head of bright white hair come towards me, I could then make out his face. His black rimmed glasses were still on his face and his eyes were wide. His grin was big and he called my name again.

''Hey Aiden.'' I said, waving a little. ''I thought you were staying for the gig?'' I questioned.

He shook his head and squinted his eyes a little. ''It was some heavy metal band, yes it was free but I can't really enjoy that stuff.'' He explained.

''Ah, me neither. I have stayed for a few of those bands though, usually leave half way into their third song.'' Aiden chuckled at my comment.

''So...what brings you here?'' He asked me. In all honesty I could hardly hear what he was saying because of how loud the music was so I strained my ears to hear.

''My friend invited me, gets me out of the house really, I don't even know any of these people.'' I grinned almost manically at the thought of being a stranger in someone's house and they didn't even care.

''Me too!'' Aiden called and held up his hand for me to slap. ''You want to go get another drink?'' He asked, nodding his head in the direction of the kitchen. I nodded and followed him.

He was being a lot more confident and open opposed to how he'd been at work. I wasn't sure if I appreciated it or not. I didn't want him to turn into Frank, I wanted only Frank to get me excited and breathless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I'll update again soon.