Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Fourteen

Aiden and I left the party inside of the house to stand in the garden...although it didn't feel like we'd left it at all since the people that couldn't fit inside, were also gathered outside with us.

''I feel bad for whoever lives here, I really do.'' I commented looking around at the drunken people. There were plastic cups scattered across the grass, vomit in various places and the house inside wasn't too fresh either.

''Suppose he knows what he was getting himself into though, having so many people come over.'' Aiden replied shrugging.

''I guess so.'' I still scanned the people in front of me.

''So, you at work tomorrow?'' Aiden asked me, grabbing my attention. He slouched against a large tree that was slightly tilting.

''Unfortunately.'' I replied bluntly. Aiden cocked his head a little.

''Don't you like working at the academy?'' He asked me.

''Not really. I've been there a few years now, its monotonous. I'm also sick of Eddy.'' I told Aiden.

''Well, if he gives you any more trouble, just let me know.'' He grinned, poking him thumb towards his chest. He then stopped for a moment and took hold of one of my hands and pulled me towards him. I knew he was drunk but I still wasn't going to let him get the best of me.

I was no where near drunk enough to let myself go and forget to play one of my little games on him.

''You're gonna be that brave, are you?'' I asked seductively, pushing myself onto him and letting my lips brush over his neck. I knew exactly what I was doing, I'd done it so many times before.

''Well...of co-course I am.'' He stuttered as I lifted the bottom of his shirt and let my fingers dance across his skin.

''What will you say to him?'' I asked playfully, taking hold of his hands and entwining our fingers.

''I'll tell him to-'' I cut him off mid-sentence by pecking his lips lightly.

''Go on.'' I teased, doing it again.

''I'll tell him to back off because a beautiful girl like you doesn't need the attitude he gives.'' Aiden stated. I felt bad, treating Aiden like I was. I'd never heard someone call me beautiful with such meaning.

''Aw, thanks.'' Was all I managed to say. Aiden smiled back at me and started to lean into me. His head came closer to my own but all I wanted to do was push it away. He was at least a centimetre from my lips and my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. It was loud enough to hear and since Aiden was pushed up against my leg, he felt it and pushed me away a little in fright.

The vibrating didn't go off just once like it did to inform me that I had a text. It was a phone call and I immediately turned my thoughts to Lucy. What if Jake hurt her and she needed me? I ignored Aiden standing in front of me and pulled my phone from my pocket. I glanced at the screen and acknowledged Aiden again.

''I have to take this.'' I informed him and walked away, leaving him alone at the tree. My stomach was doing flips and my throat went dry. I walked far enough from the house to answer.

''Frank?'' I stated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for lack of updates. Had a busy week and just had no time. Again, I'm sorry.