Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Fifteen

I held the phone close to my ear and waited for Frank to speak, butterflies had appeared in my stomach making the alcohol churn together.

''Thought you were never gonna pick up.'' Frank finally spoke up, his cool, almost arrogant voice spoke through the phone he was calling on.

''I was a little busy.'' I retorted, not giving any more information than that. I tried to calm my stomach from making me want to be sick.

''Oh yeah? Too busy to talk to me?'' He asked, seeming uninterested into what I was doing, but sounded more annoyed that I hadn't dropped it right away.

''Clearly not if I've picked up the phone.'' I stated, confidence in my tone.

''So, you want to know when I'll be there?'' Frank asked, changing topic of conversation.

''Yeah, it would be nice to know.'' I told him, remembering I'd text him earlier to ask.

''Well I wont be. I can't make it now, the band has a schedule to keep with interviews and stuff, turns out I'll be busy the next few weeks.'' Frank didn't seem disappointed by the news. He just sounded like he usually did, calm and in control.

''Oh, never mind then. I'm sure I'll be much too busy with work anyway.'' I tried to keep my emotions hidden. I wanted to make him think like I didn't care. I wanted to be in control like he was, like I was with Aiden a few moments ago.

''You aren't upset are you?'' Frank questioned, most likely hearing it in my tone.

''Of course not. I didn't even expect you to show anyway, I knew you'd be busy.'' In all honesty I didn't expect to see Frank again, but I held onto a little bit of hope that I would.

''That's ok then. As long as I haven't made you sad. Else I would have to come change that.'' I could image him grinning that beautiful crooked grin on the other end of the phone.

''Well, what would you do if I told you I lied? That I am sad you can't make it?'' I glanced around to make sure no one was near me. I could see Aiden talking to some random boy I'd never seen before so I headed further away from the party I had no intention on joining again and made my way home.

''I'd tell you I'm sorry and that I'd love to see you smile again.'' It was the first time I'd heard Frank sound somewhat affectionate.

''Well, shame I'm not going to say I'm sad then.'' I didn't want him to know how weak he made me.

''Very much so. Where are you?'' He asked, changing the topic for a second time.

''I'm walking home from a party. Where are you?'' I asked. I thought for a moment how crazy everything seemed. I was on the phone to Frank Iero, asking him where he was. I pinched myself to make sure I was actually awake.

''You're walking alone?'' He asked, ignoring my question.

''Yes. What's it to you? It's not like I haven't done it a million times before.'' I stated, trying to get him riled up.

''I suppose it's nothing to me. I don't control you. I'm on a bus just now. It's filled with zombies.'' Frank replied, not biting at what I said.

''Zombies you say?'' I asked, not quite getting his humour.

''Yeah, they look like they're asleep but I know they're all just waiting for me to close my eyes so they can jump me. Crazy old folk.'' He sounded dead serious, not even laughing slightly at his own joke.

''I'm sure they wouldn't do that. They'd know the world would miss you too much.'' I stated, trying not to make me sound like I needed him.

''Even you?'' He asked.

''I'm part of this world, aren't I?'' I smiled at my own reply and how I was getting better with my comebacks. Over telephone or not, I was getting good.

''That you are. I have to go. Be careful Cleo, let me know when you get home.'' He sounded concerned.

''Will do, Frank. Watch those Zombies, yeah?'' He chuckled at my comment.

''Will do.'' He copied my answer and hung up the phone.

I inhaled deeply for a moment trying to take in the whole conversation, making myself believe it was all true. I couldn't hide the smile on my face as I walked home.

My life seemed like something you'd only read about in a story. It was all surreal to me.

When I finally arrived home I went straight to my room, getting changed into pyjamas and taking my phone from my table.

'Home now...' I told him Frank, just like he'd asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooo very sorry for not updating sooner. I don't get much of a chance being at work then not being home.
Hope you enjoyed though, I'll try update again asap.