Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Five

I didn’t mention anything to Lucy when I eventually made it back to the hotel to meet her. I’d brought her a take out of waffles and berries since I knew she’d be pissed if I didn’t get her anything to eat.

She filled the silence with excited chatter about the gig and repeatedly asked what I was wearing and if I was excited. I didn’t mind though, it kept my mind off what had happened earlier in the day.

‘‘Cleo, are you getting dressed?’’ Lucy asked, coming from the small bathroom that was joint on to the side of the bedroom. She had opted for a pair of dark blue jeans and an ‘I’m not okay’ t-shirt. She had her red converse on and a red shoulder bag draping off her arm.

I nodded, grabbed my clothes and took her place in the bathroom to get changed. I was nervous to go to the gig. I didn’t want Frank to see me and talk to me. I didn’t want him to tell me he liked me again…because I liked him back.

My only problem was I didn't know why I liked him. I didn't know anything about him apart from the things I read on the internet. I'd not had a full normal conversation with him the whole two times we'd met. They only ever consisted of him saying a hurtful comment and me snapping back with something.

I refused to think it was a fan-girl crush, I wanted to believe it was so much more than that...but I wasn't sure. My head screamed love, but my heart told me lust.

I wasn't sure how Frank meant it anyway. Liking someone doesn't always mean in an emotional way. Just because he said he liked me didn't mean he wanted to be with me. It could've all been a lie anyway. He could've just been saying it.

Frank had messed with my head more than I cared for to be quite honest.

I tried to push my thoughts aside and pulled on a pair of light grey jeans. I’d bought a new My Chemical Romance t-shirt not long before I’d found out they were playing. It was black with their album cover on the front. I pulled it over my head then slipped on my black DC’s. I pulled the bobble from my hair that I’d had in all day and ruffled up my hair, giving it some sort of lift and life. I didn’t look plain…at least that’s what I’d hoped.

I emerged from the bathroom and smiled to Lucy who was stood, grinning and holding the tickets in front of her face, doing a little happy dance she always did when she was over excited.

‘‘I can’t wait any longer, let’s go!’’ Lucy beamed and pulled my arm towards the door. I grabbed my shoulder bag and jacket from the bed and followed her out of our room, locking the door behind me.

We left my car in the car park and walked to the venue My Chemical Romance were playing at. As we rounded the corner we could already see a long queue of excited teenagers. I walked down the queue with Lucy; she was babbling away about something, her tone getting high pitched because of how excited she was. I wasn’t paying much attention to what she was saying; I was too busy listening to other people’s conversation.

I heard a few people discussing their play-list, then a few impatient people asking amongst themselves what time they’d be getting inside. I then walked past a few screaming girls talking about how hot Frank was. I couldn’t help but smirk when they said they’d die if he spoke to them.

I wanted to scream out so badly I’d had that experience, I wanted to boast to everyone Frank had eaten off of my fork…but it would sound too weird and no one would believe me anyway. I also felt like I was the holder of some top secret information and couldn’t let anyone know Frank spoke to me. I felt like a crazy person in all honesty, but that’s how Frank made me, crazy.

''Cleo, look!'' Lucy screeched into my ear, causing me to snap my head in the direction she was pointing in.

I darted my eyes all around looking for someone she might have seen but all I saw was a sea of people lingering about to get into the venue.

''What am I looking for?'' I asked, jumping up and down, still searching for someone.

''The line is moving!'' Lucy then screamed again, tugging at my arm.

I stopped jumping and glared at her a little. I knew she was excited so I wasn't about to have a snap at her.

***

We weren't in the line for much longer. Before I knew it we were already in the dim lit venue waiting for the first support band to come on stage.

In all fairness I wasn't too fussed about any support bands, I just wanted to see Frank, sometimes I thought he was the only reason I turned up, but no part of me could say I didn't go for the music because I loved that also.

The night I saw them in my home town was the night I fell in love with Gerard's voice and lyrics and bought every album they'd brought out.

As I stood in thought the lights went out, screams filled the room and a band appeared on stage. They introduced themselves as Thursday and went on to play some of their songs.
I didn't know them, I hadn't took the time to learn any of the support band songs, I just wanted them to be done as soon as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so very sorry this has taken so long to update. I lost all inspiration to write, then my trial on Microsoft ran out so I couldn't even if I wanted to so then I had to search for a programme I could use to write. That took a long time...
Anyway, hope you all liked =].