Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Seven

I found Lucy after about twenty minutes of searching. She looked relieved to see me but I could only force a smile back. I didn't know what to say to her about what had happened, if anything at all.

''You missed both support bands, where the hell did you go?'' She asked as we stood there, waiting for the stage to be set for My Chem to come on.

I didn't want to tell her about my meeting with Frank or that I'd hidden away in the toilets for a while trying to sort my head out and stop myself from crying. I didn't know why I wanted to cry, I guess I was just that stressed and confused.

''I just got talking to a few people. Lost track of time.'' Was the most believable lie I could think of. Telling her I'd met Frank and telling her he'd been an inch from kissing me would just make her laugh and ask for the truth.

She looked at me sceptically but nodded anyway. We didn't really share much conversation after that, we both just stood and waited for the lights to go out and the band to come on.

''Where are they already?'' Lucy whined and tugged at my arm.
Just then, as if they'd heard her, the lights went out and everyone cheered. I could vaguely see outlines of them as they positioned themselves and started up with the music.

''YOU FUCKING READY NEW JERSEY?!'' Gerard shouted causing everyone to scream loudly. After that they burst into song. They were currently touring their second album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge so their first song was Give Em Hell Kid. I couldn't control myself as they played through their set list. I'd made myself forget about earlier and just lost myself in their music. I tried not to look at Frank through the whole set because I didn't want thoughts to spoil my night.

The set lasted two hours, half hour extra then they were supposed to play but they'd lost themselves in the moment and continued to play.

''Thank you guys so much. As you know, this is our last show of this tour and you lot made it so special. We'll be back in no time with another record for you guys but please, carry on listening and waiting, we promise you wont be disappointed. Good night, we love you all!'' Gerard told us as the rest of the band walked off stage, waving and thanking us also.

My heart sunk as he told us it was their last show, I didn't know how long it would take for us to see them again so I tried to steel one last look of Frank. He'd already turned his back on the crowd and made his way off stage. My heart filled with sadness and my legs felt weak.

''How will we survive?!'' Lucy called dramatically, holding onto my arm as she pretended to faint. I stood for a moment, trying to push my sadness away.

''Do you want to hang out back and try meet them?'' Lucy then piped up, hope in her eyes.

''Hell yes!'' I exclaimed excitedly. I was more than sure I sounded like a stalker. Lucy just grinned and grabbed my arm and we both darted for the exit.

The only bad thing about Lucy's idea was that everyone else had thought the same thing. A huge crowd of teenagers were pushing their way down the back of the building where Frank and I had our 'moment'.

''Do you think there's much point in waiting?'' Lucy asked, disappointment in her tone.

''Sure, we'll see them at some point.'' I replied, trying to sound positive. I didn't think we had any hope in meeting them though, there were too many kids to fight off, it would be more likely we'd be escorted away by security.

***

''Cleo, it's been half an hour and we're not even close.'' Lucy moaned to me. She didn't look excited any more, just tired and annoyed.

''We cant leave, we'll see them.'' I said, trying to keep her positive so she'd stay with me.

''I want to go back to the hotel. Feel free to stay but I really want to go.'' Lucy replied, holding out her hand for the room key I had in my bag.

I reluctantly gave it to her and she hugged me. ''Say hi from me if you ever get to meet them.'' She sighed in my ear.

I watched her walk away and round the corner. I knew I should have walked with her, we were both new to New Jersey, we both could get lost being alone, but even though I didn't like what Frank did to me earlier, there was a huge part of me that needed to see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I don't have many readers, but for the very few that are still there, thanks =]