Love Is a Four Letter Word, and So Is Liar

The Surprise

8 Months later:

"Bianca!! You better get your little butt out of bed, NOW!" Kay yelled from the other side of the door.

I opened my eyes and looked at the clock.

8:55

Great, that means I missed my class.

I got up and opened the door.

"You didn't even go to class." She snapped at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked past her and went into the restroom. I closed and locked the door before she could follow me in.

I showered and pulled myself together the best I could. I walked out and into the kitchen,

"Wow, you actually got dress today." Kay commented sarcastically.

"Kay, I always get dress, honestly, I'm not depress so just lay off." I snapped back.

She put her hands up in defense. "Ok, dang, just calm down."

"I'm sorry. I didn't get much sleep last night." I sighed grabbing a bowl and some cereal.

"On the phone with Ryan again?" She guessed.

I nodded silently. "Yea. Dawn's due at the end of the month." I stated softly.

She stayed silent for a moment. "You know, you two have been doing well. He's kept his promise to you. Can you deal when the kid's born?"

"I can. It's not its fault for what happened, it's the mother's." I answered.

"That's a girl. Oh----What happens if it isn't his?" She gushed. Her blue eyes widen.

I shook my head laughing at her lightly. "Like I haven't thought about it. I doubt it though."

"Well I have. Brendon and I have come to the conclusion that Dawn is just trying to pass that baby off as Ryan's." She said leaning in and whispering in my ear.

I laughed again. "Seriously, my life isn't a TV soap opera. At least, I don't want it to be."

"You're right. Oh well, are you going to work today?"

"Yep. I've got inventory to do today." I sighed.

"Sounds like oodles of fun." She teased.

I rolled my eyes. "You're just happy because you don't have to go in."

"Oh that's right. Well, after that big mess I made last time-"

"On purpose!" I finished.

"I didn't do it on purpose; I really didn't know what I was doing." She defended herself.

I laughed and shook my head. "Alright, see you later."

I walked out the door and too my car for the day ahead of me.

*******************************************************************************

"I miss you so much Bianca." Ryan gushed into the phone.

"Me too, I miss you a lot. When are you coming to Chicago?" I asked.

"I don't really know. You know how I always forget the dates." He answered truthfully.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "I know. I have to get back to work if I ever want to get out of here."

I didn't want to hang up with him. But I had too.

"Yea, I got an interview in five. Talk to you later."

"Ok."

"I love you Bee."

"I love you too Ryan."

I closed my phone and stared at the records in front of me. You think the hospital could get the nurses to do all this.

I started to place the boxes in order and tried to focus. It wasn't working. I couldn't think of what I needed to do. my mind was somewhere else.

My phone began to vibrate inside my pocket. I swear don't people just understand that I have work to do tonight?

"I have the biggest news." Kay squealed into the phone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Ok, calm down. What is it?"

"Well-um-the guys are having a show in Minneapolis, and I am going to surprise Brendon. Do you want to come?"

I looked at the calendar. "When is it?"

"Saturday." She replied.

"Ok, I can go. I'm not working the weekend. They finally decided to give me a break."

"YAY!!! This is going to be so much fun. I just know it." She practically screamed into my ear.

"Yea, it will be." I smiled. "I could use the getaway."

"Duh! And you'll have some time to spend with Ryan!!"

"Yep, you are so right. Just let me know the details when I get home."

"Ok, well see you when you get home. Bye!"

"Bye." I hung up the phone.

I looked at the background on my phone and smiled. It was a picture of Ryan and me kissing. I smiled at the thought of seeing Ryan's surprise face when he sees me. He absolutely hates surprises, but I know for sure he is going to love this one.

***************************************************************************************

It seemed like I was at work forever. Of course when I got home I was met with an excited Kayla. I had to pretend I was tired to just get away from her.

I just laid in bed and stared into the dark. I wanted to think things through. Ryan had kept his promise to me. He truly did try his best to let me know that he was thinking about me, or didn't forget me. He called everyday. Sometimes he tries to not bringing up the fact that he his bringing a child into the world. But I know that he is excited.

This weekend was going to be the best. I can finally have some alone time with him and enjoy the moment before he becomes a father.

That was the plan anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I know this one is slow, but I promise I am saving the best for last....really I am. Just trust me on this.