Never Say "I Told You So"

and I just, just take mine

My face hurt from smiling so much and my pulse raced as I jumped off the stage. I handed my guitar off and high fived John as he jumped down behind me. This was perfect. My eyes started to search the room for the only thing missing.

“Dude, did you see that? They were fucking singing along with me! That was insane! Shit!” John started screaming and the guys laughed as they agreed. I frowned as the room turned up empty, and then I checked it again.

“Man, some girl asked me to marry her. That is crazy.” Garrett shook his head as he took his bass off and carefully put it down in its case.

“And you had better have told her to fuck off.” Rachel, his girlfriend, appeared in the doorway with a scowl on her face. Everyone laughed as she stalked in towards him and his cheeks turned red as he stuttered out a response I didn’t hear. My attention was focused on the petite figure that had walked in behind Rachel.

My smile widened, as if that were possible, and I outstretched my arms toward her. She walked into them, not caring about the fact that I was sweaty and smelly. I picked her up off the ground and she squealed.

“John Franklin Trotter! Put me down this instant!” She squirmed and I laughed as I slowly put her feet back on the ground. She was the only one who got away with calling me that after I changed my name. “Here.” She shoved a bottle into my chest. “Drink this.”

“Yes, m’am.” I winked at her and took the Gatorade. She glared for a moment but then shrugged, looking around the room at the other guys.

“How was the show?” She asked distractedly before linking those big blues with mine again.

“Amazing. The crowd even sang along this time and some girl up front kept asking us to play Daisy.” I took a sip of the red liquid and then returned to grinning at her.

Her lips slowly curled upward. “I told you The Maine would be famous some day.” She smugly stated as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

“Never say ‘I told you so’ Luna. It’s bad for your health.” I smirked and she rolled those beautiful blues before lightly smacking my chest.

“Don’t be so arrogant, Kenny. You might just lose your girlfriend.” She mocked and threatened, but I laughed.

“I’d never let that happen.” I rested my forehead against hers and watched as she fought the smile on her pretty mouth. “I love you, Luna.” I whispered sincerely and smiled as she couldn’t help but giggle.

She threw her arms around my neck and stepped up on her tiptoes to place a small kiss on my lips. “I love you too, Kennedy.” Her words heightened my elated state. I picked her up again and started to twirl her. She groaned and started yelling again as everyone laughed at us.

I would have never thought my ex girlfriend’s little sister would be my soul mate, but when fate smacks you in the face … you smile and take it like a man.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count = 536
xooxEmber