Status: Active

Flume

Deal

Olivia never exactly enjoyed touring. Yes, she enjoyed performing, but she still had yet to find any joy in moving from place to place to place every single day. She hated sitting about on the bus the most. There was little for her to do on the bus, and ever since the record label began demanding that she have at least six songs ready by the end of the tour, Olivia could do nothing but sit with her guitar and journal in tow, hoping for some inspiration.

Of course inspiration never had never struck her, it hadn't struck her in nearly a year, and Olivia doubted that it would ever find her again. Day after day she sat in the back of the bus, alone with a guitar and journal, and yet nothing had happened. More often than not she found herself watching whatever DVDs or reading whatever books that resided in the back of the bus, but rarely did she ever make a move to grab her guitar or the pen.

Today was no different from Olivia's usual routine. She was in the back of the bus reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and was in no way inclined to grab her guitar that was sitting on the other side of the room. She read about Victor Mancini's addiction to meaningless sex, but her concentration was broken as she saw the door open out of the corner of her eye.

“What do you want Jamie?” she asked in a bored tone.

“Well,” he said looking about the room for a place to sit, “ I was seeing what you were doing back here.”

“As you can see I'm reading a book Jamie,” she said quickly. She knew the real reason why he had come to see her. He, and the rest of the band for that matter, wanted to know if she had written anything. They had only been on tour for a week, surely they didn't expect her to have something written already.

“Look, Liv we all know you're under a lot of pressure right now, we all are and the thing is if we don't show the record label that were not a one time thing were going to get dropped. And we've all worked too hard for that to happen so whatever you need to get inspired just ask and we'll just help you out alright?”

Olivia didn't respond, instead she nodded with the majority of her attention directed to the book in front of her.

“Livy,” Jamie said pulling the book from her grasp and sitting on her outstretched legs, “I'm serious, just go get laid or something. You need something to help motivate you to write again, all of our careers are riding on you writing these songs okay.”

“How is me getting laid going to help anything?” she asked giving him a quizzical look.

“I don't know, but fucking always used to help you before. I mean whens the last time you got laid?”

Olivia thought for a second, “eight months ago when Luke and I broke up.”

“See you haven't written anything since then! How about we make a deal?”

Olivia thought carefully. Last time she made a deal with Jamie involving sex it resulted in the two of them haven drunken sex in a bathroom at a Yeah Yeah Yeahs concert.
“What kind of a deal?”

Jamie gave her a small smirk “Well you're lacking inspiration and I have blue-balls , and seeing as sex tends to solve both of these problems I say we go back to being fuck buddies, like we were before you started dating Luke. Then my problem will be fixed, and you'll actually begin to start writing again and everyone wins”

Olivia sighed looking at the boy before her, “fine, when do you want to start?”

Jamie said nothing but got off of her, and indicated the bulge that was now forming in his pants. Olivia rolled her eyes as he now climbed back on top of her attaching his lips to her neck and his hands began to play with the hem of her shirt. Her nimble hands worked quickly to unbuckle Jamie's belt and remove his pants and unbutton his shirt. As Jamie entered her Olivia realized that her life now slightly paralleled that of the character she was reading about no more than fifteen minutes ago. This sex with Jamie meant absolutely nothing to either of them, it never had before and it never would now. They were simply there for the sex and directly after they would not cuddle or talk about how great it was. Instead they would catch their breath and then get dressed and act like nothing had ever happened. That was their ritual. After Jamie finished he laid his head on Olivia's chest.

“You on birth control Livy?” he asked breathing heavily.

“No, as soon as you get off of me I'm going to get my prescription filled though.” She replied her chest heaving.

“Alright,”he said still lying on top of her. He didn't get off of her for another several minutes then he got dressed and left, all without saying anything to Olivia. Not that it bugged her, in fact she was thrilled that he said nothing, it showed that this arrangement was just like the last one, which pleased her.

She quickly got dressed and got off of the bus, she reeked of sex, and avoided eye contact with the people that passed her by. She knew she had that freshly fucked look about her, and she had an idea that the citizens of Columbus, Ohio were judging her as she passed them by.

As she walked into the local CVS she noticed that one of the boys from the Maine was in the store as well. She was almost certain his name was John, and she paused and watched for a moment as he talked to a pretty blonde girl in the store. She then walked over to the pharmacist giving the older woman behind the counter her prescription. She watched as the woman gave her a judgmental look before disappearing in one of the several aisles of medication and returned quickly with Olivia's purchase. Olivia decided to enjoy her little outing of the day, and began to mull around the store. Coincidentally the aisle she entered was the same aisle that John and the girl were in.

“You should give me your number,” the girl giggled, “so that I can call you whenever I'm in Arizona again.”

Out of the corner of her eye she could John go a little rigid and nervously shift his weight “Well I don't really know...”

“Oh, come on” the girl pouted, “I promise to make it worthwhile for you.”

Olivia felt sorry for John, there was no doubt in her mind that John wanted nothing to do with the girl, he just didn't know how to brush her off. Considering it her good deed of the day, Olivia walked behind John, snaking her arms around his waist. He jumped when she touched him, but relaxed a little when he saw it was Olivia.

“John,” she said giving him a small smile, “I've been looking all over for you babe.”

He smiled back at her, “Oh I'm sorry baby, I was just out exploring the area and I met Kathy here.”

Kathy said nothing instead she gave Olivia a look to kill, and slapped John across the face.

“Thanks, I owe you one.” John said rubbing his now red cheek.

“I'll hold you to that,” Olivia said quietly giving John another small smile as she slid out of his grip and left the store.

As Olivia entered the bus she was suddenly cut off by Jamie.

“Hey kiddo, you get the goods?” he asked blocking her entry onto the bus.

“Yeah you fuckass, now get out of the way, I need to take a shower.” She said pushing him aside.

“Hey Liv,” he called out to her retreating form, “was that an open invitation?”

She didn't reply instead she kept walking to the back of the bus, noting the smirks on her band mates faces. She knew they know knew, and now she knew that she would be teased mercilessly by the other boys. But for now she didn't care, because all she really wanted was a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
it took me a ridiculously long time to update this, there is no excuse for that and I apologize.
I'm going to try and update consistently from this time on.

and please comment and tell me what you think, I sincerely want to know your opinion.