Status: hiatus. probably will be deleted. D:

The Ex Who Kept Coming Back

prologue.

She noticed him out of the corner of her eye.
Oh, God, she thought. Not him..
She whacked the arm of her best friend, Jenny.
"Ow! What was that-" she stopped, noticing the boy. "Oh gosh, Vivian, it's him."
Vivian immediately proceeded to fix her long, blond waves, a bright blush appearing at her cheeks.

"Viv, he's looking over here." Jenny warned.

"Okay, act natural," Vivian said calmly, running her tongue across her teeth, hoping there wasn't anything stuck in there. "I'm gonna smile, and you check my teeth. Say something funny."

"But I'm not that funny!"

"Fine, I'll laugh myself. Here we go."

The amusement park ride began moving, giving her the perfect chance to check. She smiled at Jenny lightly.

"All clear, Viv. But what are you prepping for? Alex dumped you months ago." Jenny said, leaning against the side of the ride.

"That's the point," she replied sneakily.

Jenny smiled. The ride was now moving faster, and she had to yell a little bit.

"Viv, are you sure? You're willing to take the chance? You know what he's like.."

"Of course," Vivian replied.

The ride moved close to Alex. Her heart jumped into her throat. She flashed Alex a dazzling smile that she'd practiced for picture day.

Vivian's hair ruffled in the wind, and he waved.

"Oh-mi-god. He just waved. Shh! Try not to act excited!" She bit her tongue, trying not to scream.

"I can't believe you're falling for him again!" Jenny yelled over the motor of the ride.

"Shut up! He could hear you!"

"It's true!"

"It's not!"

"Are you kidding?"

The ride slowed to a stop, and Vivian jumped out of the seat. She felt her cheeks flaming as she passed alex and his friend. Before she could totally pass him, he touched her arm. Her stomach fluttered.

"Hey, Vivian," he began. Her mind raced. Why would he talk to her? "Wanna go on the rockets with me? Jared here doesn't want to, he's too chicken." Alex nudged Jared, and he chuckled.

Vivian's heart pounded. She glanced at Jenny.

"I'm actually gonna go find some popcorn. I'll meet you back here later." Jenny said, winking slightly as she walked away.

"I guess that's a yes?" Alex broke the awkward silence.

"Sure," Vivian confirmed.

That was it. She had no idea what would happen. She had no idea the trouble they'd go through.

She had no idea what she was in for.

'I'm only gonna break your heart..'