Status: Fin.

And Now the Tables Do Turn

I just wanna run, hid it away.

I was very well asleep when I could feel hands on my waist and lips on my neck. I groaned, rolling away as best I could.

"Spence, wake up," Josh whispered in my ear, taking my earlobe between his teeth gently. I squirmed, groaning again and swatting my hands at him.

"I'm sleeping," I grumbled, but I doubt if my words came out as I intended.

"C'mon babe, wake up," he persisted, his lips grazing over the hollow of my throat and my body tensed. He felt my reaction and he smirked against my skin.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I asked with a sigh, moving closer to him.

"I wanted to kiss you, and also, Em and Kennedy are getting it on down the hall," he explained, kissing me again.

"Eww, I did not want to know that Josh," I told him, disgusted.

"Can't you hear them?" he asked. I listened, and sure enough, there was the definite sound of a headboard slamming against a wall.

"You woke me up to listen to your sister and her boyfriend fucking?" I questioned, frowning in disgust. In the dark, I could see him roll his eyes. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Of course not," he told me, his lips brushing over mine. "Whatdda ya say we see who can make the most noise?"

I laughed again as he moved to straddle my hips, not even waiting for my answer. He slid his hands up the shirt I was wearing, pressing his palms against my back. I arched my back as his thumbs grazed over a ticklish spot on my sides. He smiled softly as I leaned up so he could pull the shirt off over my head. He threw it to the floor and kissed me rather roughly. His hands moved up my torso, his thumb moving over the curve of my breast as I arched into him again. I smiled against his lips and at that moment, a loud moan was heard from down the hall.

I couldn't hold back my laughter. I twisted under Josh, laughing and rolling onto my side. He laughed as well, putting his arms around me and kissing me again. I kissed back more this time and he quickly tugged down the boxers I'd stolen from him.

An hour later, beyond exhausted, we laid on the bed, Josh half on top of me as we tried to catch our breathe. We'd easily lost the unofficial noise competition, despite my way over dramatic moans and screams.

"I think I'm half deaf now," he said, still breathless. I laughed once, curling against him. I could see the lines along his shoulders and chest left by my nails even in the dark.

"Don't pretend you didn't love it," I teased, kissing the side of his neck.

"In no way did I deny loving it," Josh told me, his throat vibrating under my lips. We could still hear Kennedy and Em from down the hall. "Do they ever stop fucking?" he asked with a scoff.

"Shh," I hushed him, my lips moving down to his collarbone. "Stop thinking about them."

I kissed the center of his chest before moving back up to his neck. He groaned loudly as I sucked firmly at his skin. His skin was salty, as I'm sure mine was too.

"This isn't fair," he groaned again, trying to roll away. I giggled, pressing my lips against his skin softly. I smiled, knowing it really wasn't.

It had been just over a month since we'd decided to continue our relationship, if that's even the right word. Many nights, Emily let us stay in her extra bedroom, as a neutral place for us to hook up. Josh and I got together at least twice a week, usually whenever I wasn't with John at night and when I wasn't working.

The line between John and Josh became very obvious. John was sweet and passionate while Josh was rough and lustful.

Behind closed doors, Josh and I occasionally acted like a couple, which hadn't been my original plan. He'd kiss me often, let me sleep in his clothes, and slept cuddled against me. I was used to him and the secrecy of the relationship kept it interesting.

It was tough sometimes though, keeping it a secret. At the start of everything, he'd nearly given me a hickey, which definitely raised a red flag. We kept each other in our phones under different names and he respected my time with John. We stayed at Emily's usually once a week, and another night we'd stay at his place and I'd tell John I was either working or staying with Melanie.

"I think it's time to go back to sleep," he said, yawning as I scooted closer to him.

"Says the one who woke me up an hour ago," I told him, rolling my eyes. I glanced at the clock across the room to see that it was well past 4:00 AM. He laughed once, putting his arms around my waist. He smiled before kissing me softly. I pressed against him comfortably and buried my face in his neck.

We woke up a few hours later, still curled together. We untangled ourselves and stretched out. He stayed in bed and watched as I searched for my clothes from the night before and shoved them into my duffel bag. I stepped into the bathroom, half dressed in jeans and my bra, to brush my teeth and pull my hair back.

"Do you really have to go?" he asked, sitting up in the bed. I nodded, pushing my bangs out of my eyes. He frowned, throwing back the blankets as he leaned over, grabbing a pair of boxers. He dressed quickly as I made sure I had all of my things. Once he was dressed, he kissed my forehead before we walked into the hall and toward the kitchen.

Kennedy and Emily were already in the kitchen, drinking coffee and eating fruit. Em eyed us as we walked

"Yeah, but I can't stay," I said as I reached for the doorknob. She simply shrugged before stabbing a grape with her fork.

As we walked out to my car, Josh took my hand. "Are you busy tomorrow night?" he asked, toying with my fingers.

"I work until five, why?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, I'm picking you up at six then," he informed me, releasing my hand as I unlocked my car.

"Josh, I told you, nothing couply, no 'dates,'" I argued, tossing my bag into the backseat.

"It's not a date, I promise. We're not going out in public," he assured me.

I sighed. "Fine, what should I wear?"

"Just dress casual," he shrugged, nodding.

"Alright, well, I'll see you then," I told him, kissing him before I slid into my seat.

"Got it," he said, shutting my door for me.

I started up my engine and waved to him as I pulled out of the parking spot. He watched me drive away and when I got to the road, I let out a sigh of relief.

Another night without being caught.

I drove home slowly, still tired. I wanted to nap when I got home, but I had to go into work in three hours.

When I got home, John was outside, leaning against his car. I groaned quietly, just wanting to be alone. I parked in my usual spot and he opened my door for me.

"Good morning," he said with a bright smile.

"Morning," I said, faking a yawn. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd come and take you out to breakfast," he said, looping his arms around my waist the second I stepped out of my car.

"I can't John. I have work in a few hours, some assignments to send in, plus I have to shower," I explained, pulling away from him to grab my duffel bag put of the backseat.

His smiled faded. "Oh."

"I'm sorry," I said, giving him a sad smile.

"Well, what time do you get off?"

"Ten."

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"I get off at five, then I promised to go out with Mel," I lied. That's how easy it'd become to lie.

"Okay, well, can you call me when you get home tonight?"

"Uhm, yeah," I said with an awkward nod, adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder. I gave him a quick smile before turning and heading for my door.

"Spence?" he asked, my back already turned to him.

"Yeah?" I stopped, turning to face him.

"I love you," he told me, his voice a bit strained. He only held eye contact for a moment before his eyes dropped to the concrete.

"I love you too, John," I said, forcing a smile. My hand was already on my doorknob and guilt stabbed me in the gut. He nodded, glancing up at me before heading to his car.

I unlocked my door and entered with a sigh. I dropped my bag right inside the door. I made a beeline to my bathroom, stopping only to grab a towel from the basket.

I showered, dressing in sweats for the time up until I had to get ready for work. I returned to the kitchen and emptied my bag into my dirty clothes basket. I sighed when I realized that I'd accidentally packed Josh's shirt in my bag. I buried the shirt at the bottom of the basket, pushing my hair out of my face.

I did some more work around the house before changing into work clothes. I ate a bowl of cereal and sent in some of my assignments, keeping an eye on the time. I headed to work and made it just on time after hitting every red light on my way. Work was uneventful and I spent most of the time texting Em and Josh under the desk.

I got off at ten and walked to my car completely exhausted. Josh had been trying for the last two hours to persuade me into staying at his apartment for the night. The idea was insanely tempting; his bed was so much more comfortable than mine. I finally agreed, on the condition that my legs would remain closed.

I stopped at my apartment, grabbing a change of clothes for work the next day, plus the necessities. I didn't bother grabbing pajamas, knowing I'd steal some of his clothes. I was in and our of my apartment quickly before driving over to Josh's.

I parked doors down from his apartment, as always and yawned as I locked my car and walked along the sidewalk to his door. He'd told me that he'd left the door open, so I didn't bother to knock. I walked right in, locking the door behind me. The light in the room was off, yet the kitchen light was on. I frowned and looked around to find Josh sprawled out on his stomach on the sofa. I smiled, dropping my bag by the door and kicking off my shoes.

I eased my weight onto him as I laid on top of him, my chest against his back. He groaned trying to roll over. I laughed quietly, toying with his messy hair.

"Why are you laying on me?" he questioned, his voice muffled.

"Because you're comfy. It was either lay on you or go hog your entire bed," I teased, giggling.

"Get up," he whined and I rolled my eyes, kissing the back of his neck.

I rolled off of him, landing on the floor with a thump. He laughed before rolling off the couch himself. He landed in my lap and I groaned as his elbow hit me in the gut.

"Sorry," he apologized, moving his arm as he moved from my lap. He scooted away and I pushed myself into a sitting position, sitting cross-legged. He repositioned himself, mimicking my position. He sat close enough that our knees were touching. "How was work?" he questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Very exhausting," I told him, yawning loudly. "Can we go to bed now?"

He laughed quietly, pushing my hair out of my eyes. "Yeah, no problem." He stood up quickly before extending a hand to help pull my up. I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet effortlessly. Before I was on my feet for a second, his arms encircled my waist and he kissed me softly.

"Hi," I said with a smile as he pulled away slightly. He smiled back at me, kissing me again quickly.

"You said something about bed?" His fingers were already toying with the hem of my shirt. I smiled, pressing my lips together and nodded. He kissed my forehead softly before slipping his hand into mine and started walking to his room.

Behind the closed door of his room, he was quick to tug my shirt off over my head. He pulled his off soon I  after and I caught it as he tossed it to the floor. He gave me a confused look as I pulled it on.

"I told you when I agreed to come over that my legs would remain closed," I told him with a shrug, unbuttoning my own jeans and kicking them to the floor.

"I thought you were kidding about that," he said, trying to wrap his arms around my waist at I made my way to his bed. I was able to slip out of his grasp, grabbing my phone and crawl into his bed.

I giggled as he groaned in frustration. "I'm sorry, but I am entirely exhausted, plus I have work in the morning," I explained, setting an alarm on my phone to wake up the next morning.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, rolling his eyes as he kicked off his jeans, winking at me. He climbed into the bed with me a moment later after flipping off the light.

In the dark, he pressed against me, kissing the side of my neck softly. I sighed quietly, my eyes already closed as I turned my head further. His hand found my hip and his finger toyed with the waistband of my panties. I swatted his hand away, getting more and more irritated.

"I'm trying to sleep," I hissed after five minutes of his antics.

"I know you are," he said, amusement in his voice. His lips pressed to the spot behind my ear that made my toes curl.

I let out an angry breath and rolled over for face him. "I can leave, you know," I informed him.

"You won't though," he said, taking advantage of my position and rolling on top of me. I punched him in the chest with as much strength as I had and he only laughed before leaning down to kiss me.

"You're really unfair," I pouted when he pulled away, keeping close though. He laughed, kissing me again.

"I know," he said, smirking against my lips.

Forty-five minutes later, I pressed my body against his. I pressed my lips against the skin of his neck and sighed.

"We should not have done that," I said, yawning. As tired and relaxed I was, it was hard to keep my eyes open.

"And why the hell not?" he teased, kissing my temple.

"Because I really need to go to sleep." I giggled, mostly because I was beyond the point of exhaustion.

"Then go to sleep, babe," he said simply, tightening his arm around my waist.

"I tried to an hour ago, but you wouldn't let me," I said, already half asleep. His body was extremely warm against mine and his fingers were combing through my hair softly, relaxing me even more so.

"Well, this time I will let you, okay?" he questioned, yawning himself. I simply nodded, hardly even registering his question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everybody. (:

I'm updating this from my phone, so you better love me.
Next chapter is one I've been planning for a long time.
shit is about to get real, folks.

C O M M E N T