Status: Slowly Active

Reality's Edge

Rooftop Rant

"Can't believe summer's already over," Eli moaned, banging his fist on the rooftop in frustration. Eli was always a fucking baby about going back to school. I didn't really care, at least school kept me entertained, versus laying around the house all day while mom was at the office. Or cracking open a beer on the roof by myself.
"I just hope I don't get Baker for junior English. Rob said she gives essays every week, six paragraph minimum!" Eli went on. I sat up in my recliner and looked up at the stars, not in the mood to listen to my best friend bitch about bullshit he'd complained about millions of times.
We were in the usual spots on the rooftop of my apartment. Eli lay flat on the couch that we had found on the curb for the garbage man, and I sat in the lazy chair that we dug out of the building's basement. The owner probably forgot about it anyway, nobody knew how to get up here but us.
"Dude!" Eli said, waving one of his hands in my direction.
"Sorry what?" I asked, not even looking at him when I spoke.
"I said how are things going with Jemmie? You getting any jobs?" he laughed. I rolled my eyes.
"C'mon man," I chuckled, "we haven't even done it yet, you know how girls always want to wait for the moment." Eli snorted,
"That's never been a problem for me." He sounded cocky, which could be expected from the guy whose fucked probably half the girls in school without knocking a single one of the up. I'm not really looking for that kind of relationship, but it isn't like I'm not willing, I'd had sex a few times before with girls I thought were special. Jemmie just had so many rules when it came to relationships that I already had to work my ass off just to keep up with them.
"I usually call her every night about this time, she's probably flipped a shit by now." I said, heaving a sigh. Eli just laughed at me,
"You are such a sap," he chortled. Maybe he was right.
I was starting to notice how I was always trying to please other people. I always just rolled along with the shit everyone else wanted. Maybe this year I'll actually do what I want, and not take no for an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2
I don't expect any comments because the story hasn't gone anywhere yet. But your feedback is always welcome :) Next chapter will be up in a few days.