Just Another Girl

Chapter 10

"Oh excellent! Thank you!" Vivienne hung up the phone as her face filled with excitement. Maybe it's beginner's luck, she happened to get everything done, and contracts dealt with. That means she could leave early and head home to her family, and to Mike. She couldn't dial his number fast enough, but it's not like it mattered, no one was picking up. She didn't give it too much thought, but she did wonder for a moment, what could he be doing that he couldn't pick up his phone. She started to pack and every now and then, she would smile or laugh. The excitement of going home for the summer was exploding. Mike would be so excited and thrilled when she would appear at his front door.

Back in Kenora, Mike had just woken up from a good night sleep, sweet dreams of Vivienne. He was very excited and couldn't wait for her to arrive. He picked up his phone and realized she had called twice. He dialed her number, but no one picked up, little did he know, she was already on her way to him. "Mike! how are you man?" Mason asked. "Mason! it's good to see you!". They were interrupted by Mike's mom, "alright I know you boys are high school best friends, but help me bring the food to the patio". "Wow, what's the occasion, this is a lot of food for just the family mom, even if it includes Mason" Mike asked. "I invited the family over, a few family friends, and" gesturing to Mason "a few of your old friends" his mom told him. "Oh okay well that sounds fun" Mike said a bit confused. "So Mike, I heard you've got a girl, her name is Vivienne right?" Mason asked. "Haha, good news travels fast. Yeah, that's her. You'll see her later this week, when she gets here" Mike smiled back.
"Do I get to meet her?" a voice, slightly higher pitched asked. Mike turns around and notices a beautiful girl, a beautiful blue-eyed girl. "I hope you haven't forgotten who I am Mike" she smiled. "Laura, how could I forget you" Mike said as he leaned in for a hug.

As the sun set and the stars slowly lighted up in the dark sky, everyone started to head home. It got fairly cold during the night in north-eastern Ontario. Laura and Mike, however, stayed behind to catch up on their high school days. They talked about how much fun skipping school was when they were young and the parties they went to. Suddenly, Laura leaned in and went for a kiss. Mike was taken back. "Sorry, that was rude" Laura said apologetically. "Uhhhh, no it's okay" Mike said nervously. Mike didn't know what to say or think. On one hand, he couldn't do this, not to Vivienne. He promised to never hurt her in any way and plus Vivienne will be here at the end of the week, and she is so important to him. On the other hand, Laura was beautiful, she always has been. They were high school sweethearts and he always loved everything about her. The reason they broke up was that he went on to play hockey in the NHL, while she left for university in London, England. Laura leaned in again, this time pausing two inches away from Mike. Mike looked into her eyes, and before he knew what he was doing, he had already pulled Laura towards him. In his mind, everything was yelling and shouting for him to stop, but he couldn't, at that point, he wanted her, he wanted Laura.
♠ ♠ ♠
A few more chapters!
thanks! comments are welcomed!