Just Another Girl

Chapter 12

Mike couldn't wipe away the expression on his face. He was excited and happy that Vivienne was here, but he was in the middle of sex with Laura, lying on the couch, naked! "Hi Baby, what are you doing here?" Mike asked nervously. "Ummm you invited me here, don't you remember?" She told him. "No I mean, what are you doing here so early? Weren't you suppose to be here at the end the week?" Mike asked her as he tried to hide his boner and talking loud enough so Laura would get a hint. "Well I finished up early and things are settled down in Philly, so I thought I would get here earlier and give you a surprise...so surprise!" she smiled. "Oh sweetheart, I'm surprised" He laughed nervously. That's when she noticed something was wrong. She looked down at what his hands were doing and back up into his eyes. She heard rustling in the room and asked "is there someone there?" "No no it's just the tv" he answers. "Oh okay, well then can I come in?" She knew she had him there. "Viv" "I asked can I come in?". Before Mike could answer Vivienne saw Laura dash to the back, naked, with her clothes in her hands. She didn't know what to say or what to do. She was angry, upset, disappointed, hurt, she was heartbroken. It was like a re-run of the horrible memories of Adam and April, her best friend. She looked down as the tears slowly spilled over and rolled onto her soft rosy cheeks. As she turned around and wanted to be anywhere but here, Mike held her wrist. "Vivienne please! I'm sorry. It's not as bad as it seems" Mike pleaded. "Really?! then what were you doing?" and for that Mike had no answer because she already knew what he was doing. Before making a run for it, Vivienne turned around and looked at him with her watery brown eyes "the least you could have done was to break up with me first, dump me over the phone or a text message". "I wouldn't do that Viv, that's not right" he said with sorrow. "That's not right?! than what is Mike? This? You have to wait for me to walk in on you sleeping with someone else? Is that what's right? You think this is better?" She shouted.
A car pulls up on to the driveway and Mike's mom and his brothers got out of the car. They all approached the door and Vivienne didn't know what to do, but to look away. "Hello dear, you must be Vivienne". Mike's mom said. Vivienne nodded and said "It's really nice to meet you. I'm sorry, but I have to go" and walked away sobbing.

"Mike what happened? why was she crying? what did you do this time?" "Mom" he sighed "don't worry about it". As the family re-enter the house, they see Laura standing by the kitchen with her dress not buttoned up properly. Then it hit all of them. His mom had no words to say, but said hello to Laura and went towards the kitchen to prepare dinner. Dinner was quiet, nobody spoke anything. Then his mom broke the silence, "Mike, you're my son, I will always love you, but from what I saw this afternoon, I think I know why Vivienne was crying. Unless it's a different story, then let me speak". Mike nodded. "I haven't spoken to Vivienne, but from those few short words, I can tell she's a sweet girl, someone that you can spend your life with. I can't say I'm too happy with your actions Mikey, I'm disappointed. You hurt a girl that you told me you love and care so much about" his mom spoke to him. "Mom I know what I did was wrong, but like you said before, I haven't forgotten about Laura, and I don't think anyone forgets about their first love. That's not to say I don't love Vivienne, I do, she's all I think about, and I know what I did was a mistake, I should have been able to control myself" Mike explained. "Mike..." "Mom, don't worry I'll fix this" he whispered.

Vivienne spent the night at a local hotel and would fly out back to Toronto the following night. She didn't sleep at all. She woke up with puffy eyes and dark circles. She tried to cover up the dark circles, but after she noticed that it didn't really work, she gave up. After all, why does she need to look good anyways, it's not like anyone here knows her, the man of her life just cheated on her, why does anything matter. She didn't have much to pack for her flight back to Toronto, she only took out a set of fresh clothes and packed away her dirty ones. Her flight wasn't until 9PM and it was only 10AM. She had more than ten hours to burn here, and as if it wasn't painful enough, the entire city was plastered with Mike Richards Charity Golf Tournament posters. She decided to take a stroll at the park across from the hotel. It was a nice day in Kenora. The sun was out, a warm summer breeze, and children laughter. She tried to enjoy the weather and the Mike Richards free place until she noticed someone was approaching her from behind, so she turned around, and there he was, there stood Mike Richards.