Just Another Girl

Chapter 13

Vivienne took a look at him and turned away. Mike ran after her and pulled her into a bear hug that had her gasping for air. When he let her go, he cupped her face with his hands and looked into her beautiful eyes. "Vivienne, I know whatever I say right now or days or weeks down the road, you won't believe me. But what I'm telling you now is the truth. I love you, Viv. I always have and I always will" as he slid his hands down to hold hers "what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have done anything to hurt you, but what's done is done, I can't go back and change it. You have to believe me when I tell you this, you're everything I ever wanted Viv..." he sighed "I don't want to lose you, I can't lose you. You're everything to me". Vivienne pulled her hands out of his loose grip and looked at him with her puffy eyes, his heart hurt even more to know that she has been crying the entire night. "I don't know what part of what you're saying is true and which part is false. Honestly Mike, everything just sounds like a lie, I would have to be stupid to believe any of that bullshit. If you really love me and cared about me, then you wouldn't even have given it a single thought to have sex with your lady friend" she shouted at him. "I know I know. Vivienne, please, what would I have to do to show that you're the only one I want to be with, the only one in my heart?" Mike pleaded. She shook her head "I don't know if there is anything you can do to prove that. It feels like I can't trust you anymore, not after yesterday. You said you would never hurt me like Adam did, and here you are trying to explain yourself to me, trying to explain exactly what Adam did to me" she said as tears started to flow. Mike watched the one person that he love, the one person that truly loved him for who he was, walk away.

The sun started to set and Vivienne was all packed and waiting in the hotel lobby for a cab. The trip to the airport was a lot quicker than she thought. The entire time she was lost in her own thoughts that brought her happy memories and thoughts that brought her to tears. Mike was the only thing on her mind, from the first time they met in the locker room, to the last time, where he broke her heart. As she got out of the cab and checked-in, she headed for security. "Vivienne!". She thought to herself "if only he would leave me alone". She turned around and to find that it was Matt, Mike's brother. "Oh hi Matt" "Hey, I know you probably hate Mike right now, but he's not here, well at least I'm not aware of it" he said with a smile "I just wanted to say good bye. We didn't really get the chance to talk or to get to know one another, but my mom says bye as well". "That's very nice of you, and maybe another time we'll get to know each other and thank your mom for me" Vivienne said and waved good bye.

The line up to go through security was taking a while. She was lost again in her own thoughts and was staring at her chipped nail polish. Out of no where, a bouquet of flowers popped right in front of her. She looked up and once again, it was Mike. It was the same bouquet of flowers he brought her when she broke her leg. He pulled her from the line and continued with the same story he said that morning. "Mike I've heard you say it all, and I've already told you, I can't believe or trust you anymore" she said. "Vivienne, I'll do anything, anything" he said looking down into her eyes. "Do you remember when you said that you were no longer the guy that would go around hitting on girls and having drunk sex?" she asked. "Yes I remember, at Cartz birthday" he answered her "I remember the whole conversation because you told me what it took to be with you". "Are you sure you remember it all?" she repeated. "Yes, I'm sure" he repeated as well. She let a small laugh slip from her lips. "No you don't Mike. I'm pretty sure that you say this to every girl, every time you screw up" she smiled at him and finished with "I guess I am just another girl" and walked away into security.

Mike couldn't believe it. The love of his life, his everything walked away, just like this morning. He didn't know what things will be like from here and how things will be like back in Philadelphia. Everything around him, his entire world crumbled down as he slowly whispered the last words she said to him, she felt like "just another girl".
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcomed!
Thanks!