Just Another Girl

Chapter 2

It was Friday and the end of the day was approaching, the guys were getting changed and were ready to head out for a night out. The locker room was nearly empty except for a few that were lingering around. Vivienne walked into the room to see if Danny Briere was still around, she needed to speak to him. "If you're looking for Briere, he already left. He's got three boys to take care of". Vivienne turned around and was surprised to see it was Mike, Jeff, and Dan that were left. "Oh, ummm, it's okay then, I'll talk to him tomorrow" Vivienne said in a nervous tone. "Vivienne, do you want to come and hang out with the boys tonight? I mean, it's a good way to get to know each other. What kind of player personnel doesn't know her players?" Mike said with a smirk on his face. Vivienne was hesitant to go. She didn't know if this would be a good idea, but with that smile on his face, it was hard to resist. "Ummm, sure, sounds good". "Great, we'll see you at the Irish pub at 11". Vivienne nodded and went home.

"I see the way you look at her Richie" Jeff said. "Who are you talking about?". "Vivienne. I'm not going to deny and say she's not cute, well, because she is. But seriously, she's not like you and I. She doesn't seem like the 'let's go party and have drunk sex!' so maybe you should stop pushing" Jeff said in a joking manner. "I don't think I'm going to fool around with this one. I like her and we'll see what she's like tonight".

Vivienne arrived at the pub and immediately spotted the boys in the back. She couldn't miss them, they were the table with the girls throwing themselves at them. Dan saw Vivienne and waved at her, she smiled at him and approached the table not know what to think. "Hey guys" she said with a smile on her face. Jeff returned the smile and so did Dan. Mike, however, was undressing her with his eyes. She pulled up a chair and sat next to Mike. "What would you like? beer?" Mike asked politely. "Yes, that would be great".

By the end of the night, both Jeff and Dan had returned home, so Mike and Vivienne left together. "So why Philly?" Mike asks as they take a stroll home. "It was the only position open in the league and well being Canadian, I'm sure you would understand, I love hockey" She answered with a smile. "But you're from Toronto, you can't be thrilled here?" he retaliated. She laughed "You're right, I'm not exactly 'happy', but sometimes it's not just about how much I love the sport, but financially, I also need the money. I don't exactly come from a well-off family. Everything I do, I've been taught to always treasure it and to work hard for it." Mike simply stared at her. "Did I say something wrong?" Vivienne asked nervously. "Uhhh no, of course not. I'm just surprised that you would open up to me like that" Mike said with a smile. "Well then I guess I feel comfortable enough to talk to you. You should be happy. I don't do this very often" she replied. "Haha, I'll keep that in mind." He smiled back.