Just Another Girl

Chapter 3

Time flies when you're having fun. It's already half way into the season and Vivienne became very close with the boys. The holiday season was approaching and it also happens to be Jeff's birthday, so the boys decided to head out to dinner to celebrate. "Hey Viv! you're coming out tonight right? Wait no don't answer that because you're coming. It's my birthday!" Carter yelled across the room. "Haha yes of course!" Vivienne shouted back. What else could she say? Everyone was looking at her and waiting for an answer.

Vivienne returned home and pulled out a black strapless dress. This was one of her favourite party dresses, she always felt beautiful in it. She ran into Michael Leighton at the doors of the restaurant and walked in together. "Happy Birthday Cartz!" She said and waved to everyone and of course, once again, Mike was watching her every move. Coincidentally, she was seated next to Mike. "You look beautiful" "Thank you" Vivienne kindly took the compliment.

As the wine was flowing and food was being past around, Vivienne started to get into her comfort zone and was chatting with those around her. A few guys had left the table for the patio. After the compliment Mike said, there were no other words that were exchanged, but they both felt the tension between them. Vivienne started to feel uncomfortable so she excused herself from the table and walked out onto the patio for some fresh air.

She felt a hand on the small of her back and jumped. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" Mike said. "It's okay". "What are you doing out here?" "I just needed some fresh air, it's getting a little warm in there." "Well I brought you a glass of wine". "Thanks". "Vivienne" Mike said in a very serious tone and slowly approached her. She looks up and was taken back by how close he got. "Sorry". "It's okay, ummm I'm going to head back in, it's not so much a breeze out here, but actually wind" She smiled. Mike grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Vivienne, I can't believe I'm saying this now, but I really like you. I have since the first day I laid my eyes on you. You're funny, beautiful, so much fun to be around, you're perfect." He said as he pulled her closer. "Mike, stop" as she pushed him away. "Why, I like you and we've had every chance to get to know each other, and I may be crazy, but I know you feel the same way". Vivienne didn't know what to do or say but to look away. Mike lifted her chin so she had no choice but to look right into his gorgeous brown eyes. "I know you feel the same way" he repeated. She took a step back and said no again. "Give me one good reason why not?! just one Vivienne!" Mike started to raise his voice as Vivienne walked away. She turned around and found Mike right in front of her. "Mike, you're right, we had every chance to get to know each other and we took advantage of each chance we had. And that's exactly it Mike! I think you know me well enough to see the type of girl I am. I do not go around picking up guys or have drunk sex!" She said. "Is that the type of person you think I am? That I would just go around and have casual sex?" Mike yelled. Vivienne didn't know what to say. She knew that casual sex was part of Mike's life, but she also knew that he was wonderful and someone she wanted to be with. "Yes" she whispered. Mike sighed and took her hands. "I'm not like that, not anymore at least." "I'm sorry Mike, but you haven't done anything to show that you're no longer like that. Every time we go out and have a little too much to drink, you start throwing yourself at girls and picking up girls along the way. That doesn't show that you've changed" She whispered again. Mike wanted to say he will change for her, but she interrupted him. "Mike, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't want to be just another girl. I don't want to be someone you just want to sleep with and be done with the next morning." Mike didn't know what to say. "Goodnight Mike". As Vivienne walked away, Mike was determined to win her heart.