Just Another Girl

Chapter 4

The boys returned the following week from their holiday plans. Things were definitely different around the room. Everyone felt the tension, not between them, but between Mike and Vivienne. "Cartz, can I speak to you please?" Vivienne said emotionless. "Yeah sure, What's up?" "I just wanted to let you know that your contract expired at the end of this season. I know it's early for talks, but I just wanted to remind you. The good news is that I'm sure they want to sign you for at least a few more years." Vivienne said with a smile. "Sounds good". As Vivienne turned around Jeff said "Hey Viv, ummm, so how was your holiday?" "It was good, and yours?" "It was a lot of fun. So, ummm, I don't mean to pry, but how are things with you and Mike?" "Uhhh, well there's nothing going on between the two of us, our relationship is strictly professional". Vivienne said very seriously and walked away. Mike looked at Jeff with 'what did she say' eyes and Jeff returned with a shrug.

A few days later Philly was covered in a think blanket of snow. Vivienne loved the snow, it always reminded her of the fun winters she had with her family and friends. Now that she's in Philly, she didn't love it too much. She slipped on black ice and broke her left leg and sprained her right arm. When the boys started to notice that Vivienne wasn't coming into work, they started to question, and well Mike started to worry. When they found out that she was hurt the boys told head coach to send her wishes, but Mike wanted to do more than that.

She had a few weeks off, but being the person she is, she continued her work at home. She sent e-mails everyday, too much to count, and made sure the team and herself were on top of things, she didn't let one thing slip, not under her watch. It was 6:30PM and as soon as she clicked the 'send' button on her last e-mail of the day, she heard the door ring. It was a hassle for to get anywhere in her small apartment, not to mention anywhere else. As she got a hold of her crutches and finally opened the door, she was happy to see that it was Mike standing there with a bouquet of flowers. Although she was happy, she most certainly didn't show it. "Hi there beautiful. I got you these and came by to see if you were okay, I mean after all you don't have any family here". "Thanks". She whispered. She didn't know whether she should be happy or angry that he would not give up. Mike took a seat on her couch and looked at her. "Wow you really hurt yourself! or the snow did? either way, I'm here to help! So I can get you something?" Mike asked. "No thanks, I'm capable of taking care of myself". "Well considering it took you 10 minutes to get to the door, I would say you need some help". Mike said with that charming smile.