Just Another Girl

Chapter 5

Vivienne didn't have much of a choice, but to let Mike take over her apartment. She couldn't fight him even if she was healthy and nothing broken. They sat down at her small dining table in her warm kitchen with soup, pasta, and wine. Vivienne took a sip of the soup and a smile spread across her face. "You like it?" Mike asked. "Well it's not bad" She replied. "You didn't answer my question, do you like it?" He pushed. She looked at him and did a fake smile and said "Yes, Mike I love it. It's the best thing I ever had". "I knew you would like it. And there are a lot of other things about me that you would like too" he pushed again. "I know where you're getting at Mike and my answer is still no" she said. "Look I've been doing my best, I haven't been hitting on any girls, and the guys will get me for this, but I haven't had sex since Cartz's birthday, and I know you're the one I want to be with!". Vivienne couldn't believe what he was saying. "I just don't want to be in a relationship" she whispered. "Why not? I'm doing everything you ask of me, and look at this" he gestures to the table of delicious food, "I have a sensitive side too" he said as he leaned in. There was a moment of silence. "Please Vivienne, seeing you at work and not being with you kills me. And worst, not seeing you at work hurts me so much more" He begged and laid his hand on her good arm. Once again, she didn't say anything. He took his hand away and started to get up. "I don't want to have my heart broken again" she looked up. Mike turned around and looked at her. "Vivienne I promise I would never do anything to hurt you, ever" He pleaded. "That's exactly what my ex-boyfriend said to me before he cheated on me with my best friend". As she finished off that sentence, tears began to pour over. Mike pulled his chair next to her and she rested her head on her shoulder. His sweater was soaked with her tears, but he didn't move until she felt better. When she stopped sobbing, Mike pulled her up and said "Vivienne, I know what he did to you was wrong and I wish I could erase those memories and take the pain away, but I can't. The only thing I can do is to be here for you, no matter what, I will always be here, always. Vivienne I really like you, more than words can say and I want you in my life. I promise nothing like what he did will ever happen again, just once chance is all I'm asking for". The wall Vivienne built around herself started to fall as she couldn't resist him anymore. He crushed her lips with his as the stars appeared in the clear night sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
there's more to come!
please feel free to comment!
thanks!