Just Another Girl

Chapter 8

The next morning Mike woke up to an empty bed. He searched his entire apartment, but couldn't fine Vivienne anywhere. He was already running late for practice so he thought he would give her a call later. Mike walked into the locker room smiling to himself as he recalled memories from the previous night. "So she's finally yours?" Jeff said as he threw a puck at Mike. "I don't know what you're talking about Cartz" Mike said with a smirk. "Hahaha well I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. But hey, don't forget, she's not like you and I" Jeff said with a warning. As the boys headed out to the rink, Mike picked up his stick and really thought about what Jeff said.

After practice, Mike spotted the beautiful girl that he spent last night with. Vivienne was sitting at her desk filling out papers. She was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a v-neck sweater, rather casual for a day at work. Vivienne looked up as she heard a knock at the door and smiled at her boyfriend. "I was wondering where you were when I woke up this morning" He smiled. "Well just in case you haven't noticed, I didn't have a change of clothes, so I had to head home" She rebutted. He approached her "well I think you look better in my clothes". She laughed "in case you've forgotten, we're still at work, which means you should get back out there while I finish off the paper work".

Months have gone by, and Mike and Vivienne have been dating for about four months. Things have become a bit tense and strained between the two of them. It was playoffs and the post season was always very important for Mike. He's got an Olympic Gold medal and he wanted to add the Stanley cup to his collection of achievements. Vivienne was stressed with organizing and staying on top of things for the players. They started coming to her when they had issues or when they needed something. To add to her growing list of duties, the summer was quickly approaching and many players would become free agents if not unrestricted free agents. She had to make sure contracts were being discussed and that the trades were working well for the Flyers.

Before they knew it, the Philadelphia Flyers have made it all the way to the Stanely Cup Finals. Playing against the Chicago Blackhawks was tough. The Blackhawks had skill, talent, speed, and were just down right good. Mike was up for the challenge though. The Flyers were just as talented and they've got good size to check the Blackhawks.
It was down to game 6, and the Blackhawks won with an overtime goal. As the Flyers returned to their stalls, their expression was anything but happy. Sure Mike was proud of his team, they made it all the way to the finals! Winning the Eastern Champs made him proud of his team, but at the end of the day, the Stanley cup was partying in the hands of Jonathan Toews, his line mate in the Olympics.

After a tiring night, Mike returned home, hoping for a good night sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come!
Keep commenting and sharing!
Thanks!