Just Another Girl

Chapter 9

It was late afternoon or early evening on the following day of the Stanley Cup Finals. Mike decided to head over to Vivienne's to see if she wanted to have dinner.

Vivienne was on the phone when she answered the door. She walked back to her desk that was buried under papers and pens. Mike gently closed the door and stood behind her as she finished up the call. Vivienne sighed of relief. "I used to love summers because it was all about the sun and beaches. But now I'm stuck with UFA's and FA's. I mean I love dealing with all aspects of hockey, but right now, right now it's just too much for me". "Let me help you out" Mike whispered into her ear. He started to rub her shoulders and giving her a massage. "You have no idea how good that feels. I am so tired" She said tilting her head back for a kiss. Mike placed a kiss on her soft lips. "Well I'm almost finished up with this" she told him. "Viv, I have to go back to Kenora next week. It's my charity golf tournament, and it's held at this time, every year. People are looking forward to this" He told her. She looked at him and said "Mike I can't leave now. I have to finish up with these contracts and make sure it's okay with the NHLPA". "I understand" He answered with a sad look in his eyes. "Mike don't do that. Well why don't you head back to Kenora first and I'll see you in a week. How does that sound?" She said with a smile. "Well it seems like that's our only option now. But a week...a week without you is forever" He told her. "Well I'll be sure to make it up to you when I see you back home" she said with that cute face of hers.

Mike was on his flight back home, back to Kenora. He was running through all the different things he could do when Vivienne would be there. He thought to himself, what would a girl who lived in Toronto want to do in a small city? He didn't want to think too much, as he closed his eyes, he wish time would pass by faster, waiting for her to be in his arms again.

"Mike! Mike! over here!" as two men called over the large crowd. "Hey! Mikey! well it's been a while since I've seen you in person lil' bro!" his brother said. "It certainly has been a very long time" Mike said with a laugh. "My Mikey". "Mom, please don't call me that, not even Vivienne calls me that" Mike said embarrassed. "Woah! who is Vivienne?!?" His brother asked with excitement in his eyes. "I hope she's not one of those girls you met at a bar and decided to bring her home" his mom said with a stern voice. "No mom, she's nothing like that. She's beautiful, fun, and cute, and...she's just amazing. You'll get to meet her when she comes home" He said. "Oh she's from Kenora as well? why haven't I met her?" his mom asked. "No no, she's from Toronto" "I see, a city girl" His mom said. "I like city girls" his brother said with a smirk. "Well regardless of where she's from, she will be welcomed like family as long as Mike loves her" his mom said "but I hope you haven't forgotten about your friends here Mikey, they miss you very much, especially Laura. You remember Laura right?" she continued. Of course Mike would remember Laura, his first love. He will never forget her, her beautiful blue eyes and the way he felt so comfortable around her. "Of course I remember Laura. Alright mom, let's go home, I'm starving!" Mike said with a smile. Different thoughts started to form in his head. Laura, his first love, someone you never forget and will always be in your heart. Vivienne, the new love of his life, someone he cared for deeply. Suddenly, things have moved from a relaxing summer at home to just plain complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcomed!