Status: working on the next chapter

Summer of hell

chapter 18

Summer was coming to the end, I had heard from the cops. They where out looking for my father and wanted to know if I saw him. If I did they wanted me to turn him in. For some reason deep down in side me I coudn't turn him in. I know he killed my mother and beat the living shit out of me, I felt stuck. Everyone kept telling me to turn him but I when to Jimmy. I didn’t talk to him about it because he helped get my mine off it.

“Want to go to lunch?”

“Yea, where to?” I got off the couch and walked out the door behind Jimmy.

“I don’t know, what you like to eat?”

“Ha, food.” We both laugh. “Wendy’s?”

“Okay,” I got into his pick up truck and out the drive way we when. On the way to Wendy’s, we talked about what classes I was going take this year. Then he had me listen to this demo for a band and it was really good. It was so nice to go out and have fun. This was what it was like with Jonnie and I but now time change for us.

-Val-

“Zacky, we have a problem,” we where at the park on the swing for a date. It was something different for us.

“What do you mean?”

“Well I want to go to school and get the hell out. You want to be in a band, what are we going to do if we have a baby?” he toke the cigarette out of his mouth and blow smoke before looking at me.

“We can do it, we put the baby in day care, you go to school. its your last year and you should be with your friends. As you finish with high school, we will all go out west and start a family.”

“Zacky, I understand that I have no family here. I really want to go out west but what about the fucking money? Zacky,”

“We will come up with something,” he smiled and then when back to his dam cigarette. God, I hope he change in a good way. He say he on board but I don’t think so, I was ready go out west now.

-Anna-

After Jimmy and I got lunch, we head out to the water to hang out. there where a lot of people so he back the truck in and we sat in the bed of the truck watching the water come in. I wish Jonnie could take lesson from him. Jimmy knew how to make someone feel good even that bad shit still there. Jonnie was so into keeping me protective and I understand that. Jimmy just saw me how to live again and really I need that more anything.

“Jimmy, why are you single?”

“Ha, because I don’t know how to keep a girl for a day. I know for a night but not a day. Why?”

“Because you know how to make someone laugh and feel good. I’m shock you don’t have anyone in your life.”

“I’m not ready for that person but when I am. I’m going sweep them off their feet and run away with them.”

“That how I felt when I meet Jonnie. But now, we just fight a lot. When we make its okay it’s over I forgive let put it on the back burner for now.”

“How long have you two been together?”

“Wow, umm I think more then two years maybe. We had our brake down so many times that we don’t count it much.”

“Wow, that sucks. Out of the times I seem him, he seem like an okay guy. But I can tell you’re really unhappy with him.”

“I am happy with him just not when he drunk that all.” My phone when off and I looked at it. “Speaking of the devil.” He smiled at me and I laugh. “Hello”

“Hey, you want to hang?”

“I can’t, I’m out. Tonight?”

“Who you out with? I don’t know.”

“Friends, well let me know then. Got to go, bye.”

“Okay bye.” We hung up with out the ‘I love you’ deal, which was a first.

“Okay so maybe we aren’t as happy as we once was. I fell like going back if that okay with you.”

“Yea,” we got out of the bed and into the cabin of the truck. On the way back we didn’t really talk much. I just looked out the window as we got into town we had to stop at the store for tonight dinner. While he got food, I talk to my old boss and ask if I could get my job back. He was fine with it and I able to; I need to move on with my life.

-Three days before school-

This was the last Friday of the summer for us; I wanted to have a big ass party to end the summer of hell. With my father in my house, I couldn’t do it at Jonnie’s house so Zacky let us do it at his place. Jimmy was going be away that weekend and I felt bad that he wasn’t going be home for it. The girl got the food, Zacky got drinks and Jonnie was making the food. I had got a little baby pool fun and giggles and told everyone to bring bathing suits.

“So you ready for school,” Val ask walking into the kitchen. Shea was putting un cook meat on the plate. I was making the salad for us girls.

“Hell no,” Shea and I said at the same time.

“Meat,” Jonnie poked his head in. Shea got up and gave him the food and then wash her hands.

“How you two holding up?” I turn to Shea. I just shock my head. “Guessing this is not the time or place.” I nodded my head at her. “Val, you n Zacky?”

“Let everything just go for today Shea. Because we all know that you and Jeyson aren’t working out. Sorry to make it sound mean. But we all having problems with our guys.”

“Someone get the door,” Zacky called down the hall.

“I got it,” Val said walking out.

“She right, Shea. I’m sorry,” I dry my hands off and hugged her. “Today will be fun and we will let everything go for the night.” She nodded and smiled at me. “Val, who.” I stop as I saw him walk into the kitchen.

“What are you doing here,” Shea ask looking right at him.

“I miss you,” I looked over to Val and pointed to go out side. Val nodded and we sunk out to the back yard.

“Who invited him,” I ask walking out. It was just us and Jonnie out there, we sat facing the kitchen seeing Zacky walk into the mess. Val and I couldn’t stop laughing when we saw Zacky’s face. It was so priceless.

“What the hell?” he shut the door behind him. “What going on in there?” he sat next to Val pulling a pack out of his pocket.

“Someone invited him over but,”

“Holy shit! Look,” Val hit me in the arm. We all turn to look inside to see them making out. One mint they where yelling and we thought they where going start braking but no they make out.

-Shea-

“ Hurt me and then come here to tell me you’re fucking sorry and want me back.” I don’t know why I was mad at him. Well no I know why but I didn’t think he would try this hard to come back to me.

“Yes, Shea, it was the one time and only that once. Shea, I can’t even look at other girls with out thinking of you.”

“Really?” what? I’m post to be angry at him and he making it so hard. That why I was trying not seeing him because I would have been in his arms the day after the brake up.

“Shea,” he walked towards me and I back up slowly. “Shea, please, take me back.” I looked into those beautiful blue eyes of his. How could I say no him, he got closer to here I was between him and the counter. His hand slowly touches my face, his hand where so soft like baby blanket. Oh how I miss him and his body.

“Andy, I…I’m sorry. You have to understand that I see what it does to Val and Baby. When you did it, I was in shock, piss and hurt because I thought your so much better then that.” I got on my toes and kiss those lips of his.

“I know, I can’t tell you how sorry I am. I never want to hurt you but people aren’t perfect and you know that. I’m not going to sit here and tell you I will never do it again. Because true fully we could have another fight and someone could do something stupid.”

“Andy,” he looked at me in the eyes. “Shut up and kiss me.” I pulled him to me and kiss those lips.

After him and I made up, we when out back with the group and had nice ending the summer party. Well the fun and laughing came to an ending when Jeyson decide to come over and have some fun. I kind forgot that I was kind of dating him; Andy knew how to make me forget when he kisses me.

“What you doing here?” everyone was in the back yard and I out the front yard with him.

“I wanted to see you before I left to go home. How the party going?”

“It’s good, listen my ex is here and,”

“Oh, I guess I should go then.” All I thought in my head to that was yes! But I didn’t want to do that.

“No, just that him and I are working on things. We are taking it little slow, you and I well tried so many times and it just wont work.”

“I got it, we are friends and you two are together.”

“Yea, look I’m,” before I could say anymore and came in and hugged me.

“It’s all good, let go party.” he kept an arm around my neck and we walked to the back yard.

So the party didn’t go so badly, Andy and Jeyson got a long really well. Which was shocking because they had nothing in common with each other but me. As night came on us, Baby and Jonnie where having their little thing because he was getting little drunk. Val and Zacky where in their own little world, Jeyson left around eight. Andy and I sat looking up the stars as if anything never happen to us.