Status: Back in action!

World War Tour

Prologue Part 1

Prologue Part 1: All American Rejects

It was the closing of a fun time for AAR and The Dwelling, the atmosphere felt different; and in a weird sort of way like a connection was being broken.

The Dwelling had joined the All American Rejects for a one month tour, breaking off in the quiet town of Stillwater; Tyson Ritter and Nick Wheeler’s hometown. It felt good to be back and the crowd had been amazing, but now as the crew packed up and the members said their goodbye’s it was different.

“Hey good touring with you. Hope you come back and join us, it’s been a blast.” Mike Kennerty said to Rick Hope, the lead singer of The Dwelling.

“You to, it’s been a pleasure.” Rick nodded; shaking the members hands as they started to depart.

Before they did Tyson reacted with an over the top hug. Leaving his band mates to roll their eyes. It was always fun times when AAR was concerned.

After the department of their opening band, Tyson immediately went and checked the roster for who would be joining them next. He looked down at the sheet he had been given earlier in the day.

“The Maine? We’ll I’ve heard stranger names.” Tyson remarked looking around. “Says they’re supposed to be here.”

“Maybe they got lost?” Nick commented with a short chuckle.

“Yes like you can get lost in Oklahoma…” He trailed off with a half smirk.

“Well they better get here soon, they’re missing the party!” Chris exclaimed as he took a swig of the beer he had in his hand.

“Dude, the party starts when the hookers get here; they seem to be late to.” Tyson noted, running along with Chris’s joke.

They got along great as a band, and Tyson seemed to be the crazy one of the group, Chris seemed the most mild, but his sense of humor could be called a little dry; at times he did come up with some good ones. Nick mirrored Tyson in a lot of aspects, he could be crazy, but he could also be laid back. Mike was quiet and sometimes his personality was looked over, but together they made a great team.

“Hey we could party out here until they show up!” Nick cut in as he went over to a cooler and took out a beer.

From there the rest of the band seemed to follow.

Tyson was on his fifth one and the world outside seemed dulled a little. Which made it easier to think, and thinking was something he could do. What left his mouth at times could be deemed so stupid that it actually sounded intelligent.

In an over exaggerated gesture he tipped his beer up to the sky, proposing a sort of toast. Nick joined in while the other two watched on, amusement playing in their faces.

“How long is this band supposed to tag along?” Mike asked, taking a carefree sip from the tan dark bottle.

Tyson shrugged before looking at the paper again.

“They’re tagging along for two months…” He read out slowly before tossing the paper in the air in a circular fashion.

“This should be fun.” Chris said seeing headlights coming in from down the street. He glared, putting his arm protectively over his eyes, shielding it from the bright lights.

“I think that’s them.” Nick pointed, as the bus finally came into sight.

“Anyone else feel like a deer cut in the headlights?” Tyson joked as the tour bus pulled in front of them a foot away, the lights finally cut off leaving red circular flashes in the four band members eyes.

“No but I felt like someone took my picture with a really big camera.” Mike murmured as the bus’s door opened, revealing the members of The Maine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy the story!