Status: Back in action!

World War Tour

Chapter 9: Blow Up Blow Down

Chapter 9

Tyson stood silently at the door-watching her lips touch down on another man’s. He felt a sting of jealousy course through his very being-his eyes narrowing as he turned in anger from the obvious cozy couple.

“Not ready my ass.” Tyson muttered as he ran into Tex.

“Hey Tyson, Kaylee wake up yet?” He asked, seeing the disappointed and somewhat hurt look that covered his face.

“You could say that.” Tyson growled as he went to walk away, Tex’s hand stopping him.

“Hold it, what’s wrong? This is not you.”

Tyson shrugged. “The love birds seem to be feeling better; go speak with them and then lets get the hell out of here. I’ll be waiting in the car.”

Tex, thoroughly confused went into Garrett’s room, seeing Kaylee sitting close to the sick singer, smiling. Tyson was jealous; which was never a good thing-and he was pissed at their opening act…perfect.

He cleared his throat, snapping the two out of their quieted discussion. “I’m going to talk to the doctors about discharging you, seeing as though you’re feeling better?”

Garrett nodded, looking to Kaylee.

“Yeah, I hate hospitals-but what about our bus? We can’t-“ Tex held his hand up.

“You all will be bunking in the AAR bus until yours is cleaned.”

Garrett felt as if he was going to be sick while Kaylee didn’t seem to mind.

“Alright-we can live with that.” She replied carefully while smiling over at Garrett, who was busy looking at Tex like he had lost his mind.

Tex nodded once before going to get the nurse to file the discharge papers.

*

It was raining outside-pouring might be a better word actually; but for once Tyson was thankful as it covered the silent hurt that ran down his cheeks. For a moment he just stood outside the car-allowing the rain to wash over him. It felt good against his skin, but he also knew that if he got too soaked Tex would yell at him about getting sick-which was laughable in itself.

So in defeat he got into the car, waiting for everyone to join him. It took some time, but eventually Tex, Garrett and Kaylee walked out to join him about twenty or so minutes later.

Tex noticed the tension in the air almost instantly, which he knew Tyson only got like that when something was deeply troubling him. Regardless of pointless jealousy he decided to address the issue to Tyson since after all-it was the majority of his fault that The Maine didn’t have a tour bus.

“Because of your earlier stunt with The Maine’s tour bus, they will be bunking with you until theirs is cleaned and the items that have been destroyed are replaced-is that understood?”

He tried to use his best no bullshit voice, but it fell short when all Tyson did was shrug.

“Whatever, does it look like I give any major fuck?”

Kaylee caught a glimpse of anger in Tyson’s stormy eyes as Tex reeled him out about being respectful.

Garrett spoke up, if only timidly.

“We can always get a va-“ Tex cut him off.

“No, you’re bunking with the other bus and that’s final. Your manager and myself will be present to make sure no one kills anybody. It’s only for a few days.”

Garrett groaned in silent agony-this was not going to be easy.

Kaylee looked longingly over to Tyson, wondering what got a hold of him all the sudden, so she decided to speak up.

“What’s your problem?”

She didn’t ask it rudely, she was just really concerned about his sudden change in moods.

“Not.A.Thing.” He replied stonily, which made Kaylee upset.

“You weren’t upset when you asked me out like twenty minutes ago.” She challenged back as Garrett looked on between the two, a little hurt that Tyson would try to move in on his-ok so it wasn’t official and he didn’t want to risk asking her, not so soon after…

“That was before I knew you were such a slut.” Tyson retorted which made Kaylee’s heart break. It was then Tex stepped in.

“HEY! Tyson, chill-everybody knock it off.

Garrett wasn’t sick but he thought he would be. That passed from shock to anger as he took a well-aimed punch to the back of Tyson’s headrest.

The seat flew forward but Tyson didn’t even bother to turn around, he didn’t have a chance as Tex slammed on the brakes.

“THAT IS ENOUGH! One more stunt, one more WORD and I will kick you all out of this car and make you WALK back to the venue-ARE WE UNDERSTOOD?!”

Tex’s face was red in anger as Kaylee and Garrett mumbled an almost inaudible “yes”. Tyson on the other hand threw his seatbelt off and opened the door, but before getting out he turned to the two in the back.

“You guys deserve each other, have a fucking good time.”

With that he slammed the door and began to walk in the direction of the venue. Tex started the car back up and left Tyson to fend for himself.

Kaylee had tears coming out her eyes and Garrett was trying to comfort her the best he could. If he never hated anyone in his whole life it was Tyson Ritter.

Tex was pissed beyond recognition; he could strangle someone-namely Tyson. He knew the boy got hormone crazy but this was just taking it too far.

The ride seemed long but in reality it was only about ten minutes. As soon as they parked Kaylee went to find her brother she needed him right now. He would know what to do…too bad she didn’t think of the consequences that would follow after.

Kaylee found her brother sitting with the rest of the band, and the remaining members of AAR in a sort of peace treaty. In fact, they were playing a game of monopoly. I suppose that’s all they could have done waiting for their band mate and sister to get out of the hospital.

“Kennedy?” Kaylee croaked as he saw the tears that cascaded down his sister’s face. He was up immediately.

“What’s wrong Kay?” He asked softly which caused her to completely break down.

John looked to the AAR members.

“You guys mind leaving us for a while?”

The others nodded in agreement-after-all, emotional females weren’t their forte.

So they stood and left while John and the rest of The Maine went over to console the inconsolable Kaylee as she tried to explain what happened but couldn’t be understood.

Finally Ken managed to get her calmed down enough, and when she was finally able to tell her story; it was one that resulted in anger-and ultimately the future of the tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, just a quick note. Firstly we're both sorry for any delays in the story, but I've had other projects and Brighten has been extremely busy with her own life. We will continue to update this story though, it's a fun story to write but when starting it we both kind of agreed to write when we are free. I've been busy with my story Obsession which is a sequel to Broken, one I'm very dedicated to as I am working on getting it fixed enough to send out for publishing.

We will continue to write and update WWT though when time allows; as I love this story for it's ability to just be off the wall and completely free of actual reality. Thanks for your patience and for reading, it means a lot!