Status: Back in action!

World War Tour

Chapter 6: You Are My Everything

After the time The Maine spent inside AAR bus, they went back to their own to catch up on some sleep. Kaylee was sitting on the couch again, seemingly the only place that wasn't covered in chicken crap with a frown on her face. She knew that it was Tyson’s fault for everything thing that went on last night, but she could'nt stay mad at him, and it pissed her off.

On top of it all, Kaylee was really starting to feel the effects of not sleeping, and it was
causing her to get snippy with everyone else. She wasn’t the only one who was mad, the rest of the band was still mad; they had forgiven, but not forgotten. They all had the sinking suspicion that AAR had something up their sleeves.

“Ugh, this place smells worse than the old van” Garrett said not feeling too well, as he laid on the floor next to the couch.

“Yea, I know dude. I’m so mad they did this, but were just going to have to put this behind us in order to survive the tour.” John told the group. They all shared a silent mutual agreement. They all needed to focus on the shows, and Kaylee needed to focus on her photography.

“It would help if that jerk stopped flirting with my sister though, and Kaylee don’t even try to
deny it. You know he’s flirting and you like it.” Kennedy pointed out with a frown. He didn’t like the idea of his little sister, and someone like Tyson. It just bugged him, he knew deep down that Tyson would hurt her and he wanted only happiness for her. Kaylee looked over at her sibling with her jaw dropped. Even though he was her brother, she could never figure out how he could pin her so well sometimes.

“Whatever, Ken it’s not like anything is going to happen between us anyway. Even if I did like him, I have too much going on and I don’t need to add a relationship to it, O.K.?" She ranted wanting to make her point clear.

“Good, it better be that way.” Kennedy responded, making everyone look at him like he was mental. Nobody got away with telling Kaylee what to do, not even Kennedy.

“Um what is that supposed to mean Kennedy?” she questioned with a glare.

“It means that I don’t like Tyson, so I don’t want you with him. Is that so hard to understand?”
Kenned y said with just as much of a glare his sisiter had on her face. He was only looking out for her, and if that meant bossing her around he would.

Kaylee was beyond pissed, she no longer cared that it was Ken, it was her life and she would live it the wanted to.

“How DARE you tell me how to live MY life. I don’t care if you’re my brother, and I don’t care if you’re in some big shot band. Your still John fucking Franklin Trotter and you’re in way over your head if you think you can tell me what to do. I am 20 years old, and I may not be able to drink but I can damn sure make my own decisions. I don’t need you doing that for me. If I want to go have sex with random people I could, and if I wanted to move to Canada or something I could, so I can choose if I want to see Tyson or not. Got it?” and with that she grabbed her iPod off the couch and stormed off the bus. Kaylee was completely livid as she marched through the parking lot, knowing she didn’t know where to go but still going walking anyway. She had to leave, she was mad enough to use Kennedy’s real name so she had to get out of there, before she said something she would regret.

“I can’t believe Kennedy would speak to me like that,” she muttered to herself as she shuffled through songs on her iPod.

She smiled when “After the Last Midtown Show” by The Academy Is, blared through her headphones. There was something about that song that calmed her down, enough so she could think straight. After a while of listening to the same song on repeat, she was in a soft mental daze, just thinking to herself. She was completely oblivious to anything around her as she walked straight into someone, jolting her into reality.

“Oh shit im so sorry,” she started as she bent down to pick up her iPod. Another hand reached out as well and she looked up to see a smirking Tyson.

“Eh it’s alright, darling I actually ran into you on purpose, because you looked so off into space or something.” Tyson said as they stood back up, locking eyes. He really did walk into her, just for other reasons as well; reasons she didn’t need to know just yet. His hand lingered on hers a little longer as she spoke.

“Um yea I just had a fight with my brother, and I was thinking about it. She stated looking down as her cheeks started to heat up. Tyson caught the blush, and became curious, because from what he could see there was nothing to be embarrassed about. He knew first had what was embarrassing and what wasn’t.

“What are you blushing at beautiful?”

“Well, uh we were arguing about you…”she confessed trailing off waiting for Tyson to respond. He twisted his face up in confusion not understanding why they would be fighting about him. See his confusion she continued.

“Well Kennedy was yelling at me because you keep flirting with me,” she looked at Tyson as she said this, which had a grin on his face signifying he was caught. Kaylee just continued, “And he was telling me how I can’t date you. And that’s when I got mad, because I'm old enough to make my own decisions you know. And If I wanted to date you I would! I’m not saying that I want to or anything, but I’m um not saying that I wouldn’t. Ugh this is stupid. Do you understand what im trying to say?” she finished with a sigh.

Tyson just started laughing, as the girl in front of him frowned even more. He looked up down at her and stopped laugh realizing she was serious.

“I’m sorry, it’s just your too cute when your all riled up. But I completely understand you, and I think you have a right to see who you want to see. Although it would be too soon to say we are dating, I would very much like it if you joined me for lunch, seeing as you really don’t want to return to your bus.” He offered with a soft genuine smile. Kaylee thought on it for a minute, and decided to go.

“Okay sure.”

They left the venue hand in hand, walking to the nearby town for lunch. As they walked pass the buss Kaylee saw the window curtains swing close. They found a small bistro down the street to have lunch in. The whole time they were together they were just talking about everything, from bands to future plans in life. In whole they were enjoying each other’s presence.

Eventually Tyson let it slip that he had to go to a meeting 20 minutes prior, so Kaylee rushed them out after lunch so they could hurry back to the venue. After returning to the parking lot, Kaylee gave Tyson a quick kiss on a cheek and a thank you as she pushed him toward his bus ushering him to hurry. She turned to face her bus with a smile, and took a deep breath before she walked in.

She was instantly hit with a foul smell causing here to plug her nose with her fingers, as she looked around. Four of the five boys were sitting on the couch with discomfort on their faces. Suddenly Jared got up and ran off the bus, followed by Pat. She was seriously puzzled, as to what was wrong with everyone.

“John what happened?” she asked concern on her face.

“Your stupid boyfriend is what happened. They put laxative in those brownies they gave us this morning! I just knew we could trust him.” was what she got in return, from Ken instead of John.

“He’s not my boy—

“Yea, then why did you leave with him, holding hands huh?”Kennedy interrupted, leaving the bus not even allowing Kaylee to respond.

“He’s just mad, Kay he will get over it eventually. But AAR did put stuff in the brownies and everyone has been going a lot but Garrett is sick, he’s been puking for an hour now, and we can’t figure out what’s up. As if on cue Kaylee heard Garrett throw up.

“Oh no, he’s allergic to some main ingredient in laxatives and its probably making him throw up.” She said after putting thing together.

“How did you know that?”

“It was something I found out at a sleep over we had years ago, long story short her was throwing up all night. Where is he?”

“In the bathroom,” answered John, as Kaylee started toward the back. She walked to the bathroom door and found Garrett with his head inside the toilet bowl. His skin had a pale color to it, and she could tell he wasn’t going to get better anytime soon. She knelt down next to him and started to rub his back. He looked up at her before he spoke.

“Kaylee, I need you to do me a favor.” She looked at him to continue, and after swallowing he did.

“I’m not going to be able to play the show tonight, but I do not want them to cancel it. And you play bass, and you know all the songs and—

“Garrett no, I can’t. You know that. Im sorry but going up there and playing that show is something I can’t do.”

“Kaylee please, we can’t let the fans down. Please!” she looked at him with unwavering eyes.

“You know what forget the fans, okay. Do it for me. Your best friend, because I love you and if you love me like you say you do you would do it, Kay pleases.” Garrett begged one last time. Kaylee sighed and turned around to see john standing at the door begging her with his eyes. She sighed again before she spoke.

“You are so lucky that you are my everything sometimes Gary, because if you weren’t I wouldn’t be doing this.” Kaylee gave in defeated. She didn’t know how she was going to pull this off, but she would try for Gary.

Gary muttered a short thanks before returning his head to the toilet, further emptying his stomach. As John went to get the guys, Kaylee sat on the couch utterly terrified. She hadn’t played in front of a crowd in almost 2 years, and yet she was about to jump on stage with The Maine.

“I’m am committing suicide, this is so crazy. Those girls are going to kill me.” She said to no one in particular.

“Kay calm down alright, you’ll do fine and I’ll talk to the fans.” John told her, after suddenly appearing next to her, scaring the lights of her.

After a few minutes of pacing and deep breathing Kaylee was still not ready to do play, but it didn’t matter because The Maine had already sound checked and were on in 10 minutes. John all but dragged her out the bus after she ran back to Garrett begging him to change his mind. And when he did get her off she just kept trying to run back on. By the time they got to the stage there was 5 minutes left, and a bass—Garrett’s bass, was thrust over her head and into her arms. Kaylee stood there scared out of her mind, as Kennedy walked up to her.

“Look we need to talk late Kay, but I’m sorry and relax it will be alright. We do everything in our power to make this comfortable for you ok?” He insured her.

After the pep talk from Ken, and a little push she joined the rest of the guys for the pre-show chant. They all stood in a circle looking at each other, and then started.

“Whoa ohoo woahooo ah woahooo! 1. 2. 1,2,3,4… WE LIKE TO PARTY! WE LIKE WE LIKE TO PARTY! WE LIKE TO PARTY! WE LIKE WE LIKE TO PARTY! WE LIKE TO PARTY! WE LIKE WE LIKE TO PARTY! GOOO!!!!” They all chanted together with smiles on their faces. Kaylee was still scared but everyone was ready as the lights dimmed.

“Hey you don’t have to come out with us, I’ll bring you out alright?” john told her, and she nodded.

The crowd screamed as the 4 boys went out onto the stage. They made sure everything was ready as John stepped to the mic.

“Hey Denver!! What’s up? That’s good to hear. We’ll I have some news for you all lovely ladies, and uh gents if you’re out there. Our bassist you may know as Garrett is really sick because The All-American Rejects played some pranks on us. But instead of canceling the show, Gary begged one of our best friends, and Ken’s sister to fill in for him. So show her some love ladies, and be nice. Come on out Kay.” John yelled into the mic.

After a slight shove from a techie Kaylee walked on to the stage, greeted with applause. She smiled a little at the crowd before waving and taking Garrett’s space on stage. After another quick sound check they launched into their first song. Kaylee began to loosen up and enjoy herself a few songs into the set.

On the side Tyson and the rest of AAR stood amazed at the fact that the girl could play! Tyson was even more impressed considering he plays bass himself. They all were so into watching the set that they almost forgot what they were there so early for.

“Oh hey come on we need to play the tape before the set’s over,” Nick urged after he realized how long they were watch. Tyson wanted everyone to see that tape just as much as the rest of the band, but right now he wanted to watch Kay play, and wanted nothing to interrupt that. The tape would have to wait.

“Uh man let’s just wait until the full band is out her alright.” He tried to say without sounding weird or suspicious, but the band easily agreed.

Three songs, screams and pick throws later, everyone was walking off stage excited about the show. All the Maine boys were super excited that everything went well tonight and were congratulating Kaylee telling her how awesome she was. And Kaylee gave a small smile in return that would seem normal to anyone, but Tyson was watching her saw that something wasn’t right. He kept thinking her color was off, like she was about to get sick or something.

“Hey, uh John I think something is wrong with Kaylee over there.” He rushed out as John acknowledged him.

John turned around to face a pale face Kaylee. Kaylee looked off into space, seeing John in front of her trying to speak. She couldn’t really hear him; because of the loud ringing in her ears that was giving her a headache. She stood there dizzy as the room started spinning, and before she knew it the room faded to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to get out! Enjoy!