You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Matt

The view outside through the window was blurry because the bus was still moving. The landscape changed constantly, from a small town to a never ending field and to a metropolitan city. Jack was shooting everyone in the bus with a Nerf gun, which was a present from a fan back in Japan, shouting that all of them were his bitches and he was a pimp. With his laptop on the table, Matt sat down in the booth to work some of the schedules for them while in Europe.

It just started and he still had a long run before he could go back home and sleep in his own bed for the first time in months. There was another thing he was excited for; meeting Peyton. Even though the date wasn’t fixed, but she said she’d be free after summer, so was Matt. He couldn’t be anymore anxious to meet her.

“Matt!”, Jack suddenly popped up across from him, aiming the Nerf on Matt. “Prepare to die.”

“Jack.”, he sighed and rolled his eyes. “Can you please bug someone else? I’m working.”

“Everyone else told me to bug you.”, Jack pouted. They were in a staring contest until Jack surrendered and stomped his way to the back lounge, muttering about how Matt would have grey hair soon because he was too serious about everything.

After he was done with the schedules, he closed his laptop and noticed that they were almost to the first venue. Matt slid out from the booth and carried his laptop to the back lounge to tell the others. “Guys, we’re here. Get dressed.”

“Can we get some Pepto or something? My stomach doesn’t feel so good.”, Alex stumbled to the doorway of the back lounge while clutching his stomach. He looked pale.

This was Matt’s worst nightmare; the lead singer doesn’t feel good. “What did you eat? What did you drink?”

“Nothing.”, Alex shook his head slightly, but his face turned paler and green. He was about to barf. “Just… those cup noodles I bought in Japan.”

“Alex! Those were days old! Did you check the expiration date?!”, he blurted out and rushed to the pantry cupboard, where Alex stashed all of his cup noodles. Matt took one of the cups and looked under it. The expiration date was already a week passed. “Shit.”

Then, he heard Jack squealed like a little girl and some ‘Gross!’ from the back lounge. When he popped his head to the hallway to check, Alex was already kneeling on the floor with a pool of noodles in front of him. “Oh, God.”, he breathed and walked towards Alex, helping him up. “You need to rest.”

“But… Sound check…”, Alex moaned and coughed a bit. Matt helped him to the front lounge by the shoulders and let Alex lie down on the sofa.

“You stay in the bus while I ask Colussy to get some meds, you don’t need to do sound check.”

“What?”, Alex asked, but sounded more like a gasp. “I need sound check!”

Matt knew he wouldn’t convince Alex to stay, so he crouched beside the sofa and grinned. “You’re Alex Gaskarth, you don’t need sound check.”

Alex chuckled and coughed again. “Fine. Just get me the meds, Matty-o.”

He nodded and rushed out from the bus after asking the bus driver to clean Alex’s puke. Good thing he wanted to. Getting the others out from the bus was another different story; it was like telling your sheep to get out from the barn. “Come on guys, we only have half an hour sound check time before press and the meet and greet.”

Jack, Zack and Rian followed Matt into the venue from the back door and settled into the dressing room for a bit before doing the sound check. It was one of those days where Matt would be a total wreck, but he tried to put his stress aside because he needed to be the calm one. He knew everyone was panicked because of Alex.

After making sure that the others did the sound check, he found Colussy and asked him to find a medicine for Alex, or something to calm his stomach down. He needed to check up on Alex too, so he went to the bus to find Alex, still lying helplessly on the sofa. “Hey, man, feeling any better?”

“I need a bucket.”, Alex muttered. “I kept on going back and forth to the bathroom, it sickens me.”

Matt chuckled and remembered there was some ginger ale in the mini fridge they had. He got a bottle out and poured it into a glass before going back to Alex. “Here, drink some of this, it’d help.”

Alex sat up and reached the glass, taking a sniff of the drink. “It smells like ginger…”

“Just drink it, dude.”, he chuckled. Alex cringed and finished the whole glass. “Feeling better?”

“My stomach feels warm.”, Alex smiled and lie back down. Matt sat down on the floor next to the sofa. Not too long after that, Alex fell asleep and he let him, because he was probably tired of barfing, so he needed a nap.

Matt suddenly reminded of Peyton again and he pulled out his phone, checking if there was already a new E-mail from her. When his inbox appeared, there was already a new one from her on the top. He quickly opened it and smiled at the reply.

From: PeyJo.Minnie@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: ☺


You’re in Finland already? :o that’s impressive! Haha, I mean, you were in Tokyo two days ago and now you’re already in Finland. Yeah, I think talking through IM is more convenient, but I could guess you’re a pretty busy person?

Flayzik?! That’s pretty funny! Haha, and Baltimore isn’t that far from New York you know. Oh, All Time Low. I’ve heard that band, haha, my step sister is a huge fan of the band.

Well, about me… I’m obsessed with Disney like I said on my last e-mail and I’m super obsessed with zombies! They’re just so awesome! I listen to British pop, post hardcore stuff, haha.

I’m at Bristol for the summer to visit my dad and my family, they moved here 4 years ago after my dad re-married with a British woman, haha, every summer, you can find me at Bristol :]

So… what’s the rest of your story, Matt?

-PJ


If Alex wasn’t sleeping, he could jump around in happiness to know that Peyton wanted to chat in IM more. It killed him to just wait for a reply from her and IM is faster than E-mail. At the part where she said she was obsessed with Disney, Matt couldn’t be anymore surprised. Evan was right. She was interesting.

To: PeyJo.Minnie@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: ☺


Well, traveling is my cross to bear ☺ but I have fun, because I’m traveling around the world with my best friends, what could I really ask for more? Haha. You could add my AIM, it’s MattMouse, haha, don’t laugh!

Yeah, just a couple hours train ride, you definitely need to visit me or vice versa ☺ Oh, your step sister is a fan? I’ll tell the guys ;) you and your sister should come to the show when we get to Bristol! I could hook you both with passes and you can give me back my Mickey :P

You really obsessed with Disney?! Me too! I mean, I’m really obsessed, especially with Mickey, haha, he’s just too darn awesome! Well, I listen to all kind of music, actually, no barriers or something.

I’ll keep that in mind so every Summer, I’d find you at Bristol ;)

I currently taking care of my lead singer because he’s having food poisoning from a cup noodle, gah ☹

How about you, Peyton?

-MF


He tapped ‘Send’ and re-read Peyton’s reply. Matt realized there was an attachment on the E-mail. His brows furrowed and he tapped it to open the attachment, but he accidentally tapped ‘Block Attachment’ instead. “Shit!”, he hissed and groaned when he realized he just deleted whatever she sent him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I've been lacking updates and this sucks, but this is all I got right now!
and GOTCHA! you think that Matt would see what Peyton looks like, but nooooo, he wouldn't even see her before they meet each other, sooooo, I'm sorry to disappoint, guys!
comment/subscribe?
<3

P.S go check out my new story featuring Cameron Leahy from The Downtown Fiction! :D click here!