You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

With her legs dangled from the armrest of the wingchair she sat on, Peyton kept her eyes glued to her phone. She lost count of the hours that passed by like minutes when she was IMing with Matt. No matter how stupid and random their conversation about, it made her smile and forgot about whatever problem she had in her mind.

MattMouse: Tell me something that probably most people don’t know about you.

Peyton narrowed her eyes and turned her brain to find something. She always see herself as an opened person, so easy to read and predictable. It took her a couple minutes before she could reply Matt’s question.

Pey.Minnie: I think… People don’t really know that I’m actually a bit of a loner. They always think I’m the type of girl that likes to spend every night getting drunk or getting grind up by some guy in a club.

MattMouse: Nice : )

Pey.Minnie: How about you? What’s one thing you think people don’t know about you?

MattMouse: That I’m not the kind of guy that take advantage of my friends’ fame or the plus of my job. I’m a one-lady man.


Somehow, what Matt said made Peyton’s cheek blushed so hard, she could even felt the heat. Her stomach was filled with butterflies and her mind was turning upside down. How could there be a guy like him but he was so far away from her? When she remembered about his Mickey Mouse that she left back home, she cursed herself.

Pey.Minnie: Nice : ) lol, any girl would be lucky to have you.

Her heartbeat moved rapidly until it hurt her ribcage. She scrunched her nose to hold back the pain as she waited for Matt’s reply. Peyton decided to close her eyes and count her breath until her phone vibrates again, but when she was on her 15th, there was a knock on the door. Her eyes shot open and saw a nurse walking into the room with a clipboard on her hand.

“I’m here to change her IV tube.”, she said with her thin British accent. Peyton nodded and stood up, shoving her phone into her pocket as she moved aside to give the nurse a space. She watched as the nurse change the old-almost-empty tube with a new one, which was bigger than the previous one. “Her heart rate is getting better.”, she told Peyton after examining the heart monitor next to Caroline’s bed.

“Do you know when’s probably she would wake up? I’d like to call my dad and sister.”, Peyton asked.

The nurse turned around to her and weakly shook her head. “I’m sorry, but no. Her heart rate is getting better, but her blood pressure is still low. Maybe for a few more days or even a week.”

That made a lump rose inside Peyton’s throat. “But there is a chance she would wake up, right?”

“Let’s just hope for the best.”, she smiled before excusing herself out from the room. Peyton felt her legs getting numb by the second, making her flopped down onto the wingchair. Even though she hated Caroline, she would love to get yelled on every single day throughout the summer than seeing her unconscious on this bed.

Peyton scooted closer to Caroline’s bedside and did something she never would think off. She took her step mom’s hand and squeezed it lightly. “Caroline… if you can hear me, please come back. Please wake up. Dad and Gem needs you here. They can’t make it without you. Please, Caroline, wake up.”, Peyton whispered.

There was no sign of Caroline going to wake up any minute. Peyton bit her lower lip lightly and pressed Caroline’s knuckles onto her forehead. “Dear God, if you can hear me now, please wake Caroline up. My dad loves her and Gemima needs her. She’s only 10 and she needs her mother.

Nothing happened.

She gave up and sat back straight up before leaning back onto her seat. The numerous buzzing inside her pocket distracted her and she pulled her phone out, seeing a few chats from Matt.

MattMouse: Well, I have this one girl in mind…

MattMouse: Peyton?

MattMouse: Peyton… Are you asleep?

MattMouse: If you’re asleep… then, good night : ) sweet dreams!


It was too bad Matt already went off line before Peyton could say good night to him too. She decided to signed out from AIM and glanced at her watch. Her eyes widened when she realized it was already 4 AM. All those time she was chatting with Matt, Peyton didn’t even feel a slight of sleepiness, but now, the exhaustion flooded her, drifting Peyton to sleep.
***********

“She looks exhausted.”, a familiar voice said in the distant. “Are you sure she’s okay?”

“Just let her sleep for a little more while. I’m sure she’s up all night.”

Her eyes fluttered open and when it was half opened, Peyton realized that she was lying down on the sofa, with Gem’s Hello Kitty blanket spread on herself. Gemima and her dad were sitting on the wingchairs beside Caroline’s bed. “She’s up!”, Gem grinned excitedly.

Peyton yawned and rubbed the sleep off from her eyes. “What time is it?”

“Around 9 in the morning.”, her dad answered. “Peyton, you know you can sleep a little bit more.”

She shook her head and stood up. “It’s okay.”, she answered and opened her phone to see a text from Annabelle.

From: Annabelle Lovingston
07:45

Tea and sandwich today? : ) 10.30 at Noir Café.


“If you don’t mind, dad, I’m going out with Annabelle. I need to clear my mind for a bit.”, Peyton announced. Her dad looked up from Caroline to her. She was a bit worried that he wouldn’t let her and said that she needed to think more of Caroline than herself.

But surprisingly, her dad said yes. “Sure, Peyton. You did a great job taking care of Caroline for the night. You deserve a day out of here.”

After saying goodbye to her dad and Gemima, Peyton happily skipped her way out from the hospital and out to the surprisingly bright day. It was a day full of surprises, she guessed. She made a short trip back to the house to take a shower and change before taking her car to the café where Annabelle would meet her.

From the curb, she could see Annabelle sitting under the white and red big umbrella, taking a sip of her smoothie. “Hey, Peyton!”, she waved her arm in the air to catch Peyton’s attention.

She laughed to see her friend’s antic and quickly went over to her table, sitting across her. “Heya, girlie.”, Peyton greeted Annabelle as the waiter gave her a menu book.

“How’s your step mum? Is she going to be okay?”, Annabelle asked with concern in her tone. “I’m praying for her and all of you.”

“Thanks.”, Peyton smiled, not knowing what to say about her friend’s kindness. “She’s getting better, but the doctor doesn’t know when she’s gonna wake up, though.”

Annabelle patted Peyton’s hand for support. “Don’t worry. She will, soon.”

They went into a conversation soon as they waited for their food to arrive. Annabelle was persuading Peyton to go to London with her next week to go sightseeing and shopping. It was Peyton’s dream to visit London, but in the other hand, she couldn’t leave her dad and Gemima in this kind of situation.

“Oh come on, Pey, it would be so fun!”, Annabelle pleaded to her friend. “We could go shopping and around the city by the bus!”

“I don’t know, Annabelle…”, she bit her lower lip lightly. “I can’t leave my dad and Gemima alone. Not like this.”

“Come on, Pey. I bet your dad would let you. You only have a week left here! We could stay in a hotel there and I’ll accompany you to the airport from there.”

Peyton took a deep breath and let her mind calmed down for a moment to take the best choice. Annabelle got a point there, actually. She needed to go back to New York in a week because of her job demanded her so and her little sister wanted to spend the rest of her summer with Peyton. “Fine.”, she sighed. “I’ll go to London with you.”

Annabelle squealed and leaned forward carefully to hug her friend. “I love you!”

They giggled with each other and when their food finally arrived, Peyton pulled out her phone and composed a new e-mail for Matt.

To: JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: guess what?!

Dear Matt,

Guess what?! I’m going to London next week with my friend! Are you going to be there too? Let me know : )

-PJ


She tapped ‘Send’ and placed her phone next to her food, in hope to get Matt’s reply soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN! So, will Matt and Peyton meet in London? ;) I'm going to make you guys curious so you'll come back here and read the update! :D
Am I creeping you guys out by updating this sooner than you guys thought?
oh and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! sucks that in Indonesia, we don't celebrate it :( I really want to be Jeffree Star or Patrick Star... they're both pink.
Anyway, I changed the picture, the background and everything! :D do you guys like it?
comment/subscribe?

<3

P.S wish me luck for my midterm!