You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

For a few days, Peyton did the graveyard shift of taking care of Caroline in the hospital. From morning to dusk, her dad or Gem took shifts to do it and when it was dinner time, Peyton would take over to let them go home and rest. Every night, she would pray for Caroline to wake up and be healthy again, not because she didnít want to take care of her step mom, but because her dad and Gem needed her.

Not every time staying over the hospital was a drag. Usually, Matt would accompanied her through AIM after he was done taking care of the band and if he wasnít that dead-beat tired. Peyton would be the one reminded him to get some sleep and to take some vitamins so he wouldnít get sick easily too.

Pey.Minnie: you know, Matt, I know youíre super tired right now. You should get some sleep.

MattMouse: what? And leave you alone for the rest of the night? Iím fine, Pey.

Pey.Minnie: If you're denying me again, I light your Mickey on fire. I have it right here with me.

MattMouse: AH! DONíT YOU DARE!

Pey.Minnie: Make me : P

MattMouse: fine... I'll sign off in a bit, but, thereís something I wanna talk to you about.

Pey.Minnie: ?

MattMouse: about London... Meet me at the west side of Trafalgar Square, 4.30 pm, 5 days from now.

Pey.Minnie: so that means... youíre gonna be there too?

MattMouse: yep : )


Peyton's jaw dropped to her lap when she saw the reply. She couldnít believe it that fate actually allowed them to meet properly this time. Intentionally, she took the Mickey that was sitting next to her on the wingchair and squeezed it in affection. Even though it was already weeks since the last time it was with Matt, she could still even smell his scent.

Pey.Minnie: okay then, it's a date, Mickey Mouse : ) Go get some sleep!

MattMouse: : ) <3

MattMouse has signed off


If she wasn't in the hospital and her step mom wasnít in a coma, Peyton would throw her hands in the air and screamed in excitement. It was only four days away from her London trip and five days away until she meet Matt. Properly.

When her eyes were still on the screen of her phone, Carolineís heartbeat monitor was increasing. Peyton noticed the beeping sound and put aside her phone to make sure. The heartbeat went from 50 something to 80 and then to 90.

'Caroline?", Peyton took the cold hand into her warm one and gripped it. "Caroline? Can you hear me?"

Suddenly, Carolineís index finger twitched in Peyton's hand. It was like a miracle. Peyton startled and quickly found the intercom button to call the nurse.

"Yes? Can I help you?", the nurseís voice echoed from the intercom near the head of the bed.

"She's awake! My step mom's awake!", Peyton exclaimed excitedly. After the nurse said she would be here in any minute, Peyton kept holding her step momís hand and ducked to kiss Caroline's forehead. It was something she wouldn't do in a million years if this thing didn't happen.

Two nurses came into the room quickly and right in time, Caroline's eyes fluttered open slowly. They told Peyton to step aside for a minute as they did whatever they need to do. She waited patiently until the nurse went out and told her that Caroline still needed some rest, at least until the morning.

Caroline's eyes met hers and her hand weakly patted the space next to her bed, asking Peyton to come closer. She did what Caroline wanted her to and sat next to her, right on her bed. "P-Peyton.", it was more like a hiss even though she knew Caroline wanted to say her name normally.

"I'm here, Caroline, I'm here.", Peyton took her step mom's hand and rubbed it in affection. "I'm always here."

"I-I'm sorry. For everything I did, intentionally or not."

By that, her eyes glistened in tears, as well as Caroline"s. It was a moment they were both waiting to happen and it happened. Never in a million years they thought they would be doing it.

Peyton shook her head. "No, No. I'm the culprit here. I've never been supportive of your and dad's marriage even though I know that you and Gem made dad's life happier."

Caroline twitched her lips as a weak smile, but it was so genuine that made Peyton couldn't be as skeptical as she was. "It's okay, darling, I know how it felt to have someone went into your life so quickly. I'm sorry too, Peyton, I've never been a good step mother to you."

After the confessions and apologies, they talked the night away with Peyton lying down on the bed next to Caroline. Even though she wasn't her biological mother, Peyton could tell Caroline her secrets and stories, even about Matt. It was nice to have a substitute for a mother she had missed all these years.

"I really wanted to meet him and I agreed to Annabelle to come with her, but, I don't wanna leave dad and Gem at the time like this.", Peyton said quietly.

"Do you want to know what I would do?", Caroline replied in the same volume. Their eyes were concentrating to the ceiling, like they could see through it and just see the night sky above.

"What?"

"I would go for it.", Caroline answered. "Peyton, honey, this is a once in a lifetime chance. I would love to have you for the rest of the summer, but this is your life, darling. You donít get to meet his kind of a guy every single day in Bristol."

Peyton bit her lower lip lightly and looked over to her step mom. "Are you sure?"

Caroline did the same thing to her and smiled. "Yes. You're family to me and I'm serious when I encourage you to do something."
*************
"Thank you for everything, Peyton.", her dad whispered right in her ear when they hugged for the last time before Peyton got onto her train to London with Annabelle.

It was such a heart touching moment for Peyton but she tried to not shed a tear so her dad wouldnít felt that much of a burden. "It's okay, dad. I hope you take care of Caroline and Gem."

"I will.", he breathed before pulling away from his daughter. "Take care of yourself okay? Say hi to your sister for me.", he said as he ruffled Peytonís hair in affection.

After that, Peyton hugged Gemima and Caroline, promising them that she will visit again next summer or Christmas with her sister. When it was time to go, Peyton quickly got onto the train and found Annabelle in their seat. She took her seat near the window and saw her family, waving to her from the platform. When the train started to move, she waved back to them until the train went out from the station and they disappeared out of sight.
*************
When they arrived in London, they went over to their hotel first that was right downtown. As they passed through the vibrant city, there was a strange feeling in Peyton's stomach. It was her dream to visit London and there was another reason for that feeling; Matt. She would meet him in Trafalgar square this afternoon.

Annabelle wasnít really helpful either. All the way here and up until now, she kept teasing Peyton on how she was so clichÈ for meeting her ìsecret admirerî in London and more over, in Trafalgar square. When they got to their hotel, Annabelle quickly opened her trunk and sorted some outfit that she brought from her boutique.

"So, Iím going to help you get ready to meet your prince charming.", she said excitedly as she tried to find something that would look perfect on Peyton.

"Annabelle.", Peyton whined and extended the e on the end. "Wouldn't it be awkward if I dressed up just to give his Mickey back?"

Her friend turned around and her mouth was an o. "Awkward?", Annabelle asked with her British accent. "Peyton! You would probably ends up engaged at the end of the night!"

Peyton groaned and buried her face in the pillow. This would be a long afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have some sort of a bad news and a bit of a story for you guys.
So, on sunday, i just got a brand new laptop as a "bribe" and an early birthday gift (my birthday is on January 1st,haha), which means i have to move everything from here (my old laptop) to my new one. The sad part is, most of my pre-written chapters are corrupted, even this one :( I even had to edited a lot of parts before posting this up.
But, I'm trying my best to move everything to my new one this week so I can post the rest peacefully.
Hope you guys are stoked about Peyton and Matt meeting! But again, i have plans ;)
comment/subscribe?
<3