You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

After seeing her reflection in the mirror, she had no argument to Annabelle. Her friend did a great job and there were no more complaints from her. When it was already 4, Peyton went out from her hotel and hailed a cab because it was a bit far from Trafalgar square. The city was so amazing and historical, it made Peyton couldn’t contain her excitement to explore around tomorrow with Annabelle, but for now, all she could think of was Matt.

His Mickey sat next on her lap and she kept it as close to her as she could. In her mind, she could imagine what Matt looked like and what he was doing right at that moment. Maybe he was waiting for her at the square with her Minnie. What would they be doing afterwards?

Peyton could imagine Matt already planned something for them or for the worst-case-scenario, they would just meet and give each other’s stuffed doll back. All this time they only talked through the internet, wouldn’t it be awkward to meet for the first time in real life?

“We’re here, miss.”, the cab driver said when the cab stopped right at the west side of the square, as Peyton requested. She paid the cabbie and said her thank you before getting out.

The weather was warm and cozy, but it still made Peyton hugged her body tighter. It was already 4.30, so she was right on time. Her eyes scanned the people that was in the range of her sight, but there was no one that carried a Minnie Mouse. Peyton sighed and sat down on the edge of the fountain. ‘He’s a guy, it’s pretty typical for him to be late.’, she groaned in her mind.

There was a bouquet of roses next to her and she looked at it for a minute. ‘What kind of a guy or girl that leaves a bouquet here?’, she thought and tried to solve it just to kill the time. Her eyes kept scanning the people and couples that were there, hoping Matt would show up any minute. When it was already 6.30, Peyton was starting to lose hope. What if Matt set her up and this all was a prank? She checked her phone and saw there was a new E-mail in her inbox.

It was from Matt and there was no subject in the E-mail. She tapped it open and when she read it, her breath got stuck in her throat.

From: JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: -


I’m sorry, Peyton.

-MF


Her vision started to blur as the tears started to form in her eyes and trailed down her cheeks, making some mascara trails. Some people that passed her by looked at her and maybe wondered why she was crying, but Peyton couldn’t care less. She kept crying and crying and rubbed her eyes with her hands, didn’t care with her eye make up.

Peyton hugged the Mickey in her lap tightly to her stomach and just kept crying. She kept her eyes on the ground and suddenly, she saw two pairs of feet in front of her. Slowly, she looked up and saw two guys with concern eyes.

“Are you okay?”, the brown haired guy asked. He didn’t have any accent and he looked American.

His friend, that looked Arabian or something, titled his head to the side and frowned. “You looked terrible.”

“Jack!”, the brown haired one hissed and nudged his friend on the rib. “Sorry about that. He’s so insensitive with women.”

Peyton nodded and wiped away her runny nose with the sleeve of her jacket. “It’s okay.”

“Are you okay? Do you need help? Are you lost?”, the brown haired guy asked as he sat on her right side while his friend sat on Peyton’s left side. “I’m Alex, by the way.”

“I’m Peyton.”, It was weird and creepy to be asked by some strangers, but Peyton really needed whatever company she could get. “I got stood up.”, she said bluntly.

Both Alex and Jack’s eyes widened and suddenly, Jack’s hand rubbed her back in a soothing manner. It did make Peyton’s spine stiffened for a moment, but with his rub, she relaxed and just calmed down.

“I’m sorry about that.”, Alex said with real concern in his tone. “Whoever he is that left you crying like this, his loss. You’re beautiful, Peyton.”

The two guys’ aura made Peyton comfortable around them. She told them what happened without telling them Matt’s name and they listened to her story calmly. Jack lent her his thicker coat because the weather was getting colder as it was getting darker. When it was already 9 PM, Peyton was getting colder with her teeth gritting with each other.

“You’re cold.”, Alex chuckled as they stood up. “You need some hot chocolate and your bed.”

Peyton nodded and chuckled weakly. “Thank you guys so much. I don’t know what I would do without you.”, she said as she was about to take Jack’s jacket off, but he refused it.

“You’ll need it, Pey-Pey. You can keep it.”, he smiled his toothy smile on the new nickname he made off for her.

She laughed and gave both of them a thankful hug. “Thank you. So much.”

“No problem, Peyton. Give me your phone.”, Alex held out his hand for her phone. Peyton cocked a brow and Alex rolled his eyes out before taking her phone from her hand. He typed something on the screen and when he gave it back to Peyton, she could see that he just inserted his number to her contacts. “Whenever you feel lonely or sad, just text or call me. I’ll be there.”

That brought a smile to Peyton, even though she never thought she could smile after being heartbroken as bad as today. “Thank you. I will.”

“And we’ll tell you whenever we’re in New York, so we could hang.”, Jack added.

They said goodbye to each other and went to a different way. Peyton sniffled and decided to just let this one go, even though the Mickey made this harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys so panicked after reading the last update,hahaha,no worries, as usual,I have plans to unite the two lovebirds and it would be MUCH MORE special then uniting them in Trafalgar Square ;)

Thank you thank you thank you for understanding my change of music and no, that doesn't mean I'm not going to finish this story and leave you all in a limbo. I'm going to finish what I started. All Time Low is still a part of my life story, so I need to cherish them by writing because the truth is,when my life gets hard,their music and well,themselves couldn't save me anymore. they used to but they're not "effective" to me anymore.
I'm sorry, I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Thank you for listening to my rants and still reading my story. You all are lovely.
Comment/subscribe?
<3