You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

The cab stopped at the familiar house that Peyton used to spend her summers. She got out from the car after she paid the cabbie and got her luggage out from the trunk. It was already nighttime, so the neighborhood wasn’t that crowded anymore. Every step that she took to the front door was kind of heavy and making her mind race about what she should say in front of Caroline.

When she reached the front door, she took a deep breath before pushing the ivory colored doorbell on the side. After a few ring, she heard footsteps from the inside, walking towards the door. Then, the door swung open, revealing her dad in his pajamas, but still with his reading glasses on. “Peyton?”

She smiled and quickly threw her arms around her dad. “Hey, dad.”, she muttered and let go of her dad. “Hi.”

Her dad’s smile was wide because his daughter finally here. “Come on, it must be cold outside.”, he picked up Peyton’s luggage and stepped aside so she could come in. Peyton looked around the foyer and it changed so much. Usually, her mother would put some lilies in the vase, on the small table in the foyer, but now, there were no flowers. The pictures on the wall were different than the last time she was there. The picture of her mother and her at the beach when she was 10 wasn’t there anymore.

“So, how was your flight?”, her dad asked after he closed the door, making her snapped out from her thoughts. Peyton turned around and her dad cocked his eyebrows, waiting for his daughter answer.

“Y-Yeah. I just need some rest.”

He nodded and smiled. “Well, you still remember where your room is, right?”
“That I still remember.”, she giggled and hugged her dad one more time before pulling away. “Night, dad.”

“Night, sweetheart.”, he murmured and kissed the top of her head before sauntering off to the dark living room, where he would continue reading the book he was interested in the moment. Peyton sighed quietly and picked up her suitcase up the stairs. Her room was in the attic because she chose to be as far away from Caroline when she doesn’t needs to.

After opening the ceiling door, Peyton climbed the folded stairs into her attic, her personal sanctuary. The wooden walls were painted white with the ornament of roses. Her mom painted the room with her one summer before she died. The pictures that Peyton took of her family or her friends or even the view of Bristol were still stuck neatly on the narrow ceilings above her bed. The small window was a bit dusty, with her old Minnie Mouse curtains. Peyton settled her suitcase besides the white dresser before laying down on her bed and drifted to sleep.
**************
The alarm on the windowpane rang loudly, making Peyton’s eyes snapped open. She launched up to sitting position and looked around her room. The sun was already shining high outside, making the warm rays shined into the room through the window. Peyton yawned and stretched her arms before she realized that she hadn’t changed from her clothes last night.

She stood up from her bed and went over to her bag, pulling out her MacBook. The drifter Mickey was sitting on top of her clothes in her opened suitcase. Peyton pursed her lips to the side before picking it up and poked its nose. “Why are you so different?”

The Mickey just stare at her with his plastic eyes and Peyton put it back into her suitcase. Her hands smelled like guy’s cologne after touching the stuffed Mickey, but the scent was amazing. She sniffed her hands one more time and bit her lower lip, fighting the urge to jump around her room. The scent was the kind of scent that could make girls turned their heads around to the user, and it worked on Peyton.

She changed and packed her cameras and the Mickey before darting downstairs to the kitchen, where Caroline, her dad, and her stepsister were having their breakfast. “Morning.”, she peeped when she stopped at the doorway.

Caroline turned her attention away from the sizzling bacons on the fryer to her stepdaughter. “Well, morning. It’s 9 in the morning and a young lady shouldn’t be asleep until this late.”, she commented, making Peyton bit her tongue so she wouldn’t spat on her.

“She arrived so late, Caroline. Peyton deserved a longer rest, I think.”, her dad smiled as he put down the newspaper he was reading. “Do you want breakfast, sweetheart?”

Peyton shook her head and smiled a bit. “No, I’m going to explore the city. I’ll get breakfast outside.”

“Okay. Don’t be late for dinner.”, her dad reminded her and Peyton just nodded before rushing to the foyer, slipped on her shoes and went outside.

The sun was shining down and some people around the neighborhood were doing their activities. Some of them walked on the sidewalks with their child or their dogs, or riding their bikes down the street. Peyton made her way to the sidewalks and slapped her sunglasses over her eyes on her way.

The first stop was Bristol International Balloon Fiesta, which was the biggest hot air balloon festival in the UK. After finding a bus to the Ashton Court, she took the upper floor of the bus to enjoy the view. The view turned from the city and into greenery scenes. Peyton looked over to the Mickey, which she set down next to her, sitting. She smiled, getting used to the company.

When the bus stopped at the stop near the court, she rushed down and hopped out. The fiesta was already crowded and Peyton quickly wandered around. She aimed her camera to the hot air balloons that were going to take off or just the scenery of the people. After walking around, she decided to buy some breakfast and eat first.

Peyton bought a hotdog and fries, along with a bottle of water before walking up to the hill that would give the best view of the balloons. She sat down under a tree and settled her food and stuffs next to her.

The Mickey was sitting on her lap as she checked on her e-mails through her phone. There was one from the Mickey owner, making Peyton’s heart accelerated without any reason.

From: JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: Re: I got your Mickey


Thank you for contacting me, and yeah, I have your Minnie with me. I’d like to have my Mickey back, but sadly, I’ll be away from America for three to four months, so I could only give it back around early December. But, if you have some other idea, please tell me. Thanks.

-MF


Peyton quickly tapped the word ‘Reply’ and bit her nails until the new page appeared.

To: JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: I got your Mickey


I’m in Bristol, England, for the summer and I think it’d be hard for me to send the Mickey to you because from what I caught, you’ll be traveling and I don’t know your exact spot, and the shipping would take a week, if I’m not mistaken. I think the best way is we have to wait until December so we can meet up and give it back?

Anyway, it’s so rude to not introduce myself, I’m Peyton Jones. How about you?

-PJ


She tapped the word ‘Send’ and took a deep breath, barely couldn’t wait for the reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
their chemistry would appear after this chapter,because now they would be talking about themselves in the e-mails,not only their missing stuffed:)
i missed Icha's random texts:( YOU SHOULD TEXT ME MORE!:P
anyway,comment/subscribe?
<3