You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

When Peyton got off from the bus, it was not as late as she thought she would be arriving. The sidewalks were still crowded with people and couples who were taking a night walk or probably going somewhere. Peyton decided to do a little sightseeing of the city before heading home. She passed some delis or stores that were closing. Some people smiled at her when they walked by her and Peyton smiled back. One store caught her attention, making Peyton to stop at her track.

The door was painted sky blue with ornamented window on the center of it. The plank on top of the door was saying ‘Elena’s Closet’ and she could guess it was a boutique. There was something that made Peyton couldn’t resist to grab the doorknob and pushed the door open. When she walked in, a bell on the other side of the door chimed. A red haired girl was behind the counter, talking to someone on the phone.

Peyton looked around to the racks of clothes and browsed through. She widened her eyes when she found out that the clothes were perfect for her photo shoot for the summer issue. The one that she was holding was a summer dress with white and pink stripes pattern. The dress was like an 80’ swimsuit, but it was amazing.

“Ello’ there.”, a voice greeted Peyton from behind her. She jumped a bit, making the dress in her hand fell onto the cotton candy pink carpeted floor. “Woopsy there.”

The red haired girl swiftly picked up the dress and hung it back onto the rack. She smiled and tilted her head to the side, waiting for Peyton to continue. “Well?”

“Yes, I’m sorry.”, Peyton shook her head slightly and closed her eyes to control her words. “Are you the one who designed all these clothes?”
“Yes, I did.”, the girl nodded and answered with her thin British accent. Peyton traced her fingers on the dress that she just dropped and moved onto the next outfit, and it was another summer dress, but the color was plain white, but it looked amazing.

“These are really good. More like perfection to me.”, Peyton mumbled. “Have you tried to get these onto a magazine?”

The girl shrugged. “No. I bet no magazine would want my clothes on one of their page.”

Peyton grinned to herself and cleared her throat before lending her hand out. “I’m Peyton Jones, I work for Nylon in America.”

Her eyes widened when Peyton said that she worked for Nylon. It wasn’t that big of a deal actually, but she still couldn’t believe that the girl was surprised. “Oh, Wow! This is such a pleasure!”

“No, no, it should be my pleasure to have your clothes on for the next summer issue.”

The girl’s eyes bulged more, like they were about to popped out from the sockets. “M-My clothes?”

Peyton nodded. “Yes, I mean, they are amazing, and my boss couldn’t ship the clothes from New York, so she asked me to get new clothes here, as well to look for new designers.”

“T-That would be...”, She trailed off and took a deep breath, controlling her words. “Splendid.”

“Okay, what’s your name?”
“I’m Annabelle.”, she smiled and tucked a piece of her red hair to the back of her ear. “Nice to meet you, Peyton.”
**********
After scheduling the photo shoot and choosing the clothes that Annabelle would be wearing, Peyton went home by walking. It was fixed that Annabelle would model the clothes herself, even though she insisted Peyton to model too, but Peyton wasn’t much of the model.

The lights were already off and there was no light sparked up behind the living room’s curtain. Peyton sighed, knowing that she was already late for dinner. Way late. She walked up the steps carefully and unlocked the door with her key quietly, so people wouldn’t wake up. After she slid in from the little gap of the door and closed the door behind her, she could hear footsteps walking down the stairs.

“Peyton?”, her dad asked when he was on the second step. He blinked trice, trying to get a clearer view of his daughter. “Peyton? Is that you?”

Peyton bit her lower lip and nodded in the darkness. “Yes, dad, it’s me. I’m sorry I came home so late.”

Her dad continued his way and flickered the lights at the foyer. “Where have you been? I’m worried about you.”, he sighed and pulled his daughter into a hug. “You know that.”

She nodded and hugged her dad back. “I’m sorry, dad, I got carried away.”

He nodded and let go. “It’s okay. Are you hungry?”

“No, I think I’m just gonna hit the bed, it’s been a long day.”
“Okay. Good night, Peyton.”, he smiled and kissed her temple before sauntering off to the kitchen. Peyton sighed and rushed to her room at the attic. The lights were already on and she quickly dropped her bag on the wood floor before sitting down on the edge of her bed.

Her Macbook was already on her desk with its small light flickering softly because it was on Sleep mode. Suddenly, she remembered to the Mickey guy. Peyton stood up before sitting down on her computer chair, opening her Macbook and went into the internet. Her fingers fluidly tapped on the keyboard until she was already in her e-mail’s inbox. There was a new message from him.

From : JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: I got your Mickey


Well, I think it’s the best idea, and I’m currently at Tokyo, Japan. Yes, I’m traveling and I won’t be at the same country for more than 4 days, so it’d be hard. We could talk about how we would meet and where, so I can write it down in my schedule, because my year has been planned.

Yeah, it’s so rude of me too. I’m Matt Flyzik, and it’s nice to know you, Peyton. Since our stuffed dolls are with each other, can I know you better?

-MF


Peyton smiled widely and she squealed a bit when she read the end. He wanted to know her better and it made her felt warm inside. Probably she never met him for real, but there was something about him that make Peyton always waited for his reply.

His Mickey was sitting next to her Macbook, so she tapped his nose and smiled before typing the reply to his owner.

To : JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: ☺


First of all, I changed the subject because we are not talking about our stuffed dolls anymore, we settled for that, haha. You’re currently in Tokyo? That’s so awesome, I’ve always wanted to go there. Sure, you can add my AIM; Pey.Jo.

Well, it’s nice knowing you too, Matt. You want to know me better? What do you want to know? Well, for the basics, my name is Peyton Jones, I resides in New York, I work for Nylon magazine as a photographer and I’m obsessed with Minnie mouse… and Disney in general.

How about you?:)

-PJ


She re-read the reply and thought that she gave out too much information about her, but she didn’t care. She felt that Matt wasn’t a stalker or something. Peyton clicked the word ‘Send’ and closed her Macbook with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS A FILLER,and i'm so sorry!
i've been busy with school and all,so i couldn't even do updates,now i'm trying,oh and not to forgot,my Word crashed,making it slow to work
anyway,comment/subscribe?
<3