You Left Me the Password to Your Heart

Peyton

It was a nice and sunny day out, a really amazing way to start off the day. When Peyton woke up, all of the people in the house already left for their own activities. She found a note near the telephone, saying that her dad and Caroline went shopping and her sister went off with her boyfriend. Peyton rolled her eyes and crumbled the paper before throwing it into a trashcan.

She couldn’t even care less that they left her alone in the house because she would be out to the beach with Annabelle for a photo shoot anyway, and she couldn’t stand another second near Caroline anymore even though she still had two weeks or so of summer in Bristol.

Since it was only 9.30 am, she enjoyed the loneliness by lounging on the couch and watched TV. The newest video from Architects was playing as she did her nails with her shocking purple polish. Her mind wandered to Matt, for some odd reason. Peyton didn’t even have a clue about that boy but he kept on popping into her mind. His Mickey was still on her bed and every time she kept him close when she goes to sleep, she felt safer.

“Matt.”, she chuckled and shook her head before finishing off her nails and took a shower. Peyton had to pick up Annabelle at her store before heading out to the beach together.

After showering, changing and packing, she went to the garage and smiled as she saw her covered vintage Volkswagen cabriolet. She traced her fingers over the cover before yanking it off the car. The pink paint was still glossy and shiny, because her dad said he washed it for her yesterday when she went out. It was her mom’s and she inherited the car to Peyton in her will.

Peyton dumped her bag on the backseat before sliding into the driver seat. Her hands firmly grabbed the steering wheel and somehow, she felt like her mom was there with her. She turned on the ignition before driving out from the garage, the driveway and to the road. The top was opened, so Peyton’s hair was flapping and flowing back according to the direction of the warm wind.

Annabelle was already in front of her store that closed for the day. She was sitting down on a vintage huge chest trunk, like a treasure chest. When she realized it was Peyton who drove the car, she waved. “Nice car.”, she grinned when Peyton stopped at the curb.

“Thanks.”, Peyton laughed as she got out from the driver seat. “That’s the outfit?”

“Yup.”, Annabelle nodded. “It is some dresses you chose last night and I added some, but you can choose it later on.”

They picked the trunk up and put it on the backseat. “Come on! I’m craving for the beach!”, Annabelle laughed as she slid into the front seat and slapped her sunglasses over her eyes.

Peyton rolled her eyes and laughed as she got into the driver seat. She stepped on the gas pedal and the car lurched forward. People of Bristol were already starting their day as they drove through the town. Annabelle sang along to a song that was playing on the radio and Peyton couldn’t resist tapping her fingers on the steering wheel.

The beach was an hour away from the town and when they got near the beach, Peyton could even smell the crisp and salty air. After she parked the car on the parking lot and turned off the ignition, she slung her small bag and the camera bag on one shoulder so she could help Annabelle with the trunk easily.

They lifted the trunk out and carefully made their way to the sand. When they got the right spot, they dropped the trunk. “I didn’t know garments could be that heavy!”, Peyton groaned as she pushed her sunglasses up to her head.

“I brought more than 20 clothes…”, Annabelle muttered and whistled. Peyton eyed her friend and threw some sand to Annabelle. “Hey!”

“Come on, let’s get you changed.”, Peyton laughed and opened the trunk. The clothes were folded neatly and she found the right dress on the top. She picked up the tie dye sundress and gave it to Annabelle.

She looked over to the sea after she slung the camera strap over her head and around her neck. It was still 11 am and the sun was on its way up to the top of the sky. Her mind flew to what waited her back home. Mrs. Hawthorne asked her to represent Nylon at the New York Fashion Week. It was something she dreamed off, but somehow, she just couldn’t wait to meet Matt.

“Boo!”, Annabelle clapped her shoulder, making Peyton yelped and jumped in surprise. “Gotcha’.”

Peyton groaned and turned around, facing her friend. She eyed Annabelle from top to bottom and grinned. “Perfect.”

“Where do you want me, chief?”, Annabelle put her hands on her hips and looked over the beach. “How about the water edge?”

“You read my mind.”
Annabelle grinned and skipped merrily to the water edge until her feet were in the water. Peyton followed her until her feet were sinking into the wet sand. “Okay, just splash the water with your hands or kick some sands. Just relax and have fun.”, Peyton gave out instructions.

The model nodded and laughed at Peyton’s seriousness. “Okay.”. Annabelle started to walk towards the deeper part of the water and she turned around to Peyton. She was about to say something when the wave crashed onto her from behind and Peyton snapped a picture. “That was cold!”

“It was so good!”, Peyton exclaimed when she saw the result on her camera’s screen. “Just keep on going!”

Annabelle sighed playfully and splashed some water with her hands. Peyton got loads of pictures with Annabelle on different outfits and it would do amazingly on a page of the magazine. They took a break and Annabelle sat on the sand near the trunk after taking a plastic bag full of sodas from the car.

“I’m exhausted, but I had fun!”, she grinned as she opened her can of Coke and took a sip.

“You’re a really good model.”, Peyton giggled and looked through the pictures in her camera as she sat crossed legs across from Annabelle.

Annabelle waved her hands and rolled her eyes. “You were the one who gave me instructions.”

After going through her camera, Peyton pulled out her phone from her pocket and checked her E-mail inbox. There was a new E-mail from Matt and butterflies quickly filled her stomach. She tapped on it and waited until it was opened.

To: PeyJo.Minnie@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: ☺


That’s fine ☺ and yeah, I was in Tokyo, but now I’m in Finland, Europe. Okay, I’ll add your AIM soon, because I think chatting through IM is more convenient than through E-Mail :P

It’s nice to know you too, Peyton. Well, anything, really. You can tell me the most random things about you, haha. Okay, my name is James Matthew Flyzik, but everyone calls me Matt or even Flyzik, it used to be Flayzik, but when my parents came to America, they changed it to Flyzik ☺ I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I am a tour manager for a band named All Time Low, that’s why I travel a lot.

Wait, if you live in New York, then why are you at Bristol?

-MF


Peyton grinned as she read the E-mail and didn’t even notice that Annabelle was already next to her. “OOOH, who is he?!”, Annabelle cooed, making Peyton jumped. “You’re so jumpy, Peyton.”

“A friend.”, Peyton shoved her phone back to her pocket and slapped her sunglasses over her eyes.

“A guy? You grinned so wide like the Chesire Cat when you got his message.”

She blushed and Annabelle grinned wickedly before nodding, pretending she wasn’t interested in the conversation.

Peyton pulled out her phone back to type a reply, but she’d send it later.

To : JMF_mouse@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: ☺


You’re in Finland already? :o that’s impressive! Haha, I mean, you were in Tokyo two days ago and now you’re already in Finland. Yeah, I think talking through IM is more convenient, but I could guess you’re a pretty busy person?

Flayzik?! That’s pretty funny! Haha, and Baltimore isn’t that far from New York you know. Oh, All Time Low. I’ve heard that band, haha, my step sister is a huge fan of the band.

Well, about me… I’m obsessed with Disney like I said on my last e-mail and I’m super obsessed with zombies! They’re just so awesome! I listen to British pop, post hardcore stuff, haha.

I’m at Bristol for the summer to visit my dad and my family, they moved here 4 years ago after my dad re-married with a British woman, haha, every summer, you can find me at Bristol :]

So… what’s the rest of your story, Matt?

-PJ


She smiled and saved the E-mail to draft. Annabelle was digging through the trunk and exclaimed a loud “Aha!”. Peyton stood up and looked to Annabelle, who was now holding a sundress in her hand.

“I packed this for you, Peyton.”, she grinned and handed the dress to her. “I want you to wear and model it!”

“W-What? Annabelle, I can’t model.”

Annabelle rolled her eyes. “Please, do you think I could? Just wear it and get your inner Kate Moss out!”

As she changed, Peyton avoided the mirror because she thought she would look stupid in the dress. She stepped out from the changing booth and greeted by Annabelle gasp. “See! I told you!”

“Peyton! Did you even look at the mirror?!”, Annabelle gushed and turned Peyton around by her shoulders to face the mirror inside the booth. “You look amazing!”

Peyton looked at the reflection on the mirror and it couldn’t be her. The sundress made her legs looked longer and tanner, it made her torso looked slimmer and made her had curves. “Wow.”

“Come on! I’ll take your picture!”, Annabelle pulled her to their spot before taking Peyton’s camera. “Do what I did!”

She aimed the camera at Peyton. It was Peyton’s first time to model and she breathed, thought she could do whatever. She splashed the water like Annabelle did and laughed when the wave crashed her from behind. Annabelle took the last picture with Peyton’s phone.

“You’re so pretty!”, Annabelle complimented her friend after Peyton got out from the water.

Annabelle grinned and opened Peyton’s E-mail for Matt. She attached Peyton’s last picture on the message before tapping “Send”.

“What are you doing?”, Peyton took her phone from Annabelle’s hand and her eyes widened as she looked over to the screen. “Annabelle!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!
I'm doing the best i can with updating, so please bear with me, I'd try to write the next one sometimes this week, hopefully i could get two updates out before my finals, which is on the 23rd of May.
Comment/subscribe?
<3