Letters to Crushes

Dear David,

Why does my heart pound so hard when you're around? Why do I suddenly become so shy that I feel like I will faint if you looked at me?
I can't understand it, do you not care. Can you not see how much I care for you when I stand up for all that my friends tease you about? When I grabbed back your drink when you were choking from that jalapeno pepper so you could drink?
I have so many questions that i'm so afraid to ask. I just wish you would realize the feelings that threaten to burst, i'm so afraid of what you might say, what you might do, and how awkward it'll be this Wednesday at Youth from what Shannon might say to you.
Just please understand, my love is hard to find, it's being crushed down and thrown away many times. But I actually think you might be the best person for me to love so much, just because of everything you do and are.
I love how you know all about the wilderness and how you can recite so many things without wasting a second, I love how smart you are and how able you are to be an evil scientist, I love how you can refrain from fighting with Sarah when she picks on you, how you stay always so random and can change your maturity levels in a flash. I love everything about you. Including those crazy moments when you get so confused..

You'll never get this but I feel so much better writing it. Who knows? Maybe you will see it one day, for now i'll just stay and admire you from afar and hope that everything goes well.
Maybe one day we'll be together.

Melia.