Why am I different?

Ashton

“Oh my fucking God, Ashton, the boy Damien, he is complete idiot! Seriously, the boy keep nagging me all week for dumb shit,” I complained to Ashton while eating some pizza in Ashton’ dorm room.

“Honey, I personally think Damien likes you that’s why he’s acting an asshole.” Ash replied to me while jumping up and down on his bed. Ashton is my 19-year-old best friend in the completely wide world; he is in college so we do not get to see each other every day, as we would want to do. Nevertheless, every two weeks, Ashton comes and picks me up and we hang out on campus or go to the mall and shop. I love the boy to death as if my were my own brother, he is my shopping friend and my gay best friend; we go together like PB&J.

“Ash, we are not in the second grade anymore. If you like someone you would flirt with them, not try to poke at them every time you get the chance. Or, talk constantly while then they’re taking a literature test, in which, you need a good grade or no cell phone for a month!” I retorted back to him in a mean sarcastic way.

“Whatever you say chica, well since we are done with the pizza, and you seem to need to blow off some steam. Why don’t we go to the mall and I buy you crap you don’t need,” Ashton said with a smile on his face. The guy knew how to make me feel better about any guy, so I nod to Ashton request and we left for the mall.

(At the mall)

I was carrying Ashton’s Hot Topic bags; he had seven of then for some reason. Ashton was carrying my six bags from various stores in the mall. He was probably getting hungry by now because his stomach was a black hole and he could never gain a pound from all the eating that he does.

“Ashton are you hungry? Because we can go to the food court and get you something to eat. I will even pay for the meal,” I asked Ash. He eagerly nods to my suggestion. Once we got there I hand Ashton $20 and he goes off searching for food. I smile and searched for a seat Johnny Rockets. I was checking through my txt messages to see a strange txt randomly pop up. I click to see what it say and saw ‘I see you emily’. I look around the food court to find Damien standing near Dick’s Sporting Goods and walking closer to me. I cringed at the thought of having to deal with Damien the day I spend my time with Ashton.

“Hey black girl what are you doing here at the mall on this early Saturday morning? I thought you had basketball practice every Saturday morning?” Damien asked me with any annoying smile on his face.

“The mall is a place for EVERYONE to go to, not just you and your Klan’s member Satan. And how do you know I had basketball practice in the mornings?” I reply to him.

“Oh well you see my new best friend Chris told me when you had basketball practice. But you still haven’t answered my questioned, what are you doing here?” he said more aggressively this time.

“That’s now of you business why I’m at the mall today. Plus why do you care if I’m here? You are the one for txted me, came up to me, and started this little conversation with me?” I question him.

“Well Princess if you want to know how I got you number I asked Erin on Thursday while you were down by the Kindergarten. She also asked me if we could hang out next Friday and go to the Rinks. I told I would consider it and I left. By the way, if I go to the Rinks you are coming too,” he said

“What? Why do I have to go to the Rinks if she obvious didn’t invite me to come?” I asked him with a wtf look.

“I can’t ice skate and I heard from Mikaela you couldn’t either so I decide if I might make an idiot of myself you might as well to,” he answers me.

“Well since you put it like that way I won’t go. I plus I’m busy next Friday.”

“What could you possible be doing that takes up your whole Friday night? I heard from Chris that he thinks you have no life and you stay home alone watching manga cartoons.”

“Well Chris doesn’t know her very well, so I suggest you get you information by actually being nice to her so you could get your information personally. And she’s in the mall with me so back off my best friend or I will make you,” Ashton said in his pissed off voice.

“Oh so Emily got herself a little boyfriend. By the way, she came one to me so I was just asking her out on a date. But seen she has you I guess I should go. Bye love,” and with that said he started walking away and winked at me. All I come think about is ‘great another Chris in my life and I think this one is worst.’

“So that’s Damien. Well on a scale of 1 to 10 on his looks, I give him a 25 because of his angel face but on a scale of 1 to 10 on personality, it’s a -25,000. God you were right he is an asshole but a damn smexi one at that,” Ash said while taking a bite out of his taco. I smile and thought of how much I love Ashton because of his personality. I rest my head on his shoulders and just watch him eat while thing about Damien and what he said. I wonder why was he so cold to people?