Fat Girl

a new era

Stella doesn’t show up the next week. Monica isn’t sure if she’s happy of this or not. After a moment, she decides she is.

Today is a better day, much better than yesterday. Her face is almost glowing as her spirits are at an all time high- it’s a Monday.

Most people dread the day, the most popular date to commit suicide, but it’s a new era in her life. A defining moment she hopes will imprint forever in her mind- a new diet. That morning she only treated herself to one piece of whole wheat toast, slathered in jam, and a glass of milk.

As well, before she got ready, she’d forced herself to twenty sit-ups, which is a lot more than none, and fifty jumping jacks.

This is it, she keeps telling herself, this one will be the one that’s going to stick.

“You seem pretty happy today,” a musing voice floats into her mind.

Monica lifts her gaze to be met with James, slight shock greeting her thoughts. “Um, uh…” she tries to remember her words. “Yeah, today’s a pretty good day.”

She can feel the blush creep on her neck, burning her skin along the way. Her eyes are tempted to search for Stella’s purple headband. A quirk of the lips is the only betraying sign of the emotions whirling inside.

James is talking to her, just her, and no one else.

He gives a nod. “Yeah, today is a good day.” His lips twist into a smile that causes for the butterflies to brush against her ribcage, her own mouth involuntarily mimicking his.

Right then, she decides, she doesn’t need Stella. Fat Girl doesn’t need to be the Fat Girl, she can be normal, she can be just like everyone else.

This is a new era. Where Fat Girl isn't so fat. She can feel it in her bones.
♠ ♠ ♠
awkward.
but I've hit 1000 reader and 200 subscribers, thanks guys<3
so it's a little less awkward.

why are you guys just so the bomb diggity?
everyone be jellin' shrek style.