Status: I'm trying to start this again, stay with me guys <3

You're So Infamous For Leaving Me A Mess

We Make It So Hard For Ourselves, So Easily

Alex bent down and grabbed the few items he dropped, all the while, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Uncle Alex!" Summer shouted, as she ran into his arms. "This is Andrea! She's my best friend-"

I poked her side and smiled at her, handing her the two milk cartons she dropped. She forgot all about what she was going to say, and instead asked him what he was doing here. I sighed inwardly, thinking about how close that was.

He was talking to her, and it was so cute the way Summer acted twords him. More so the way he was with her. As they walked she held onto his hand, smiling that childish grin.

As I paid for their drinks, Alex finally talked to me. "Andrea...How've you been?"

"Fine I suppose...Yourself?"

"Good." Things were slightly awkward. He seemed to realize the fact that Summer was here, "So if you're with Summer, I assume you've seen Jack again."

I only nodded. Alex frowned a little, no doubt wondering why Jack had never told him.

His phone rang as he was paying. He read a text and replied quickly.

Soon enough we started walking out of the store. Alex lightly touched my arm. "It's been a while Andrea. I really missed you...I hope you know that." He gently slipped a piece of paper with his number on it into my hand.

I thought he sounded a little bit sad, but maybe it was just me.

"Alex...I'm sorry I just up and left-"

"Save it. It's alright. I'm over it." He smiled lightly.

"You know I can tell when you're lying."

He actually smiled this time. "I know." Alex looked down. "I really do have to get going though. I'll talk to you soon..?" He raised his eyebrow.

I nodded again.

He stuck out his hand, "Bye Andrea."

I reached out for his hand, but once he grabbed it, I lurched forward and pulled him into a hug. He was caught off guard, but once he came to his senses he hugged me back.

When we were pulling apart I stopped and kissed his cheek. "I really am sorry Alex."

I smiled at him and Summer and I began the walk back. When we were a short distance away, I glanced back. Alex was still standing there staring at us as we walked away.

"Andrea and Alex sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Summer taunted me.

I looked at her my mouth hanging open and she giggled. "You love uncle Alex!"

"I do not!" I told her, I'm sure my red face told her otherwise.

"You do! You love uncle Alex! You love uncle Alex!"

She continued singing until we got back to the park, and all the while I found myself grinning like a maniac.

***

Emily was watching cartoons as I prepared dinner.

I was honestly debating on calling Alex. Seeing him for the first time in over three years had more of an impact on me than I would have thought. Than I would have liked.

Against my better judgment I dialed his number. As the ringing progressed I became a little more nervous.

"Hello?" Alex said, his voice slightly groggy.

"Err...Hey Alex."

"Andrea? Uh, hey. What's up?" He sounded surprised but pleased all the same.

"Nothing really..."I paused. I didn't think that things would be this...awkward I guess was the right word. "And you?"

"I just woke up actually." He yawned. "Not that I'm not happy you called, but I'm wondering...Is there a specific reason you called?"

Without thinking I began to speak. "Well, I wanted to know if you'd like to do something together sometime soon," I felt myself begin to babble, a habit I picked up when I was nervous. "I mean we haven't seen or talked to each other in forever and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Alex chuckled. "Slow down there. Of course I want to hang out. How about sometime this weekend?"

I figured Jack could take care of Emily. Him and Meghan were fond of her, so there was honestly no doubt.

"Sure."

"One o'clock on Saturday sound good?"

"Mhm." Emily tapped my leg and I looked at her, making the shh gesture. "Hey, well I know this was fast, I meant to talk to you longer but I have to go."

"Alright." Alex paused, "Bye Andrea."

"Bye Alex."

I set down my phone and looked at Emily.

"Momma who was that?"

"My friend Alex, sweetie."

"Oh. Is he the kind of friend to you that Jack to to Auntie Meghan?"

"No. He's just my friend." I paused getting her some spaghetti in a bowl. I smiled at her, "Are you hungry?"

She made a gasping noise as she saw the food. Well, spaghetti was her favorite.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. not as great as it could be, but i was in a rush..