I'm With You

1/1

I was waiting on the bridge. For what I wasn't sure, though I knew I had to be here. I made a promise to someone.

For once it was quiet. No voices, no cars, no footsteps echoing across the ground. The only thing to keep me company was the soft drumming of the rain.

I waited for what seemed like years when finally, a voice broke through the silence.

"Alison." Astonishment lacing his voice. It seemed so loud compared to the deep silence of the night.

I turned to find a boy that at first glance would seem to be just another face, but if you took a moment to see him you'd know he was more than just another face.

Sam. I knew why I was here now. I promised him I would meet him here so we could run away. So we could find a home.

Sam and I had known each other since we were just pups. Our parents had set us up on a play date. I remember us running up to my room where I proceeded to show him my G.I. Joe doll. He seemed so amazed with it. The way he's brown eyes would light up like a firecracker on 4th of July, and the way his lips spread in a wide smile showing his missing tooth. I wasn't amazed by some silly old toy. I was amazed by him. I gave him the toy. I mean, what kind of a person would I be if I took away something that brought happiness to him? I knew from then on we would be together.

As a smile slowly crept on my face he looked as though he was ready to breakdown.

"Sammy, what's wrong?" I say moving to comfort him. He slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"I can't believe you're really here," he whispered into my hair.

"Of course I'd be here. Why wouldn't I?" I laughed.

I was ready to leave this place. No one would try to find us. We didn't belong here, so we would search for a new home. A place where we could belong.

He pulled back, his eyes taking in every aspect of my face. He slowly laid his hand upon my cheek and I took a quick intake of breath. He's touch burned my skin. I didn't realize how cold it was and to have his warmth contrasted with my cold skin felt like sparks.

"I can't wait until we go somewhere new!" I could hear the excitement in my voice.

"Ali, sweetie, we can't-" His tears started dancing with the rain. "We can't go anywhere because...you're gone."

"What are talking about? I'm standing right here!" He wasn't making any sense.

He's just scared and confused. I thought

"Don't you know?" he said with pain in his voice.

"Know what?! Why are you making such a mess of this?!" I yelled in frustration.

"Alison...you're dead," he said with sorrow filled eyes.

"What? No I'm not! I'm standing right here!" He was lying. I knew he was. If I was dead then how could I touch him? How could I feel.

But I couldn't feel. The only thing I've felt tonight was the cold. Nothing but the cold.

"Ali look at yourself, " he said. But I didn't have to. I knew he was telling the truth.

"What happened to me?" I whispered stunned.

"Drunk driver. You were walking home and he-he hit you. On the way to the hospital...you died." He fell to the ground and started sobbing. I didn't know what to do. I knew he was telling the truth because I remembered it. Remembered crossing the street, and suddenly having head lights coming towards me without a warning. Without a chance to save myself.

"Why am I still here?" I whispered to myself.

The promise...

I promised I would meet him here. I promised to always be there with him. Be there for him.

"Sammy," I said soothingly. I wrapped my arms around his torso and again I was hit with that burning feeling, but I didn't care.

"Ali you were gone. I swear you were but you're here now." He looked up to me.

"Sam do you remember that promise we made to each other? I have to keep it. That's why I'm here tonight. I had to meet you here."

"You have," he whispered. As soon as those words were spoken I felt a tugging sensation deep inside the pit of my stomach. I knew I would have to leave soon. To what I wasn't sure, but I couldn't leave Sam like this. Not without making one last promise.

My fingers laced a crown around his neck. "Sammy, I have to go soon, but I have one more promise for you. I promise I'm with you no matter what. I'll always be with you." I whispered.

He shivered in my arms as the tugging sensation grew stronger. I let him go and looked down. My body was becoming translucent. I was fading away.

"I'm with you," I whispered.

I knew this wasn't going to be the last time I saw him, felt him. Not with the promise I
just made.

I'm with you...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you liked it, because I sure as hell didn't >_<
But I did have fun with it, so yea.

:}