Thinking in Terms of Optimism and Death

...WHAT?

---
1. Anna Molly, Incubus
---
Matt wakes, jerking up slightly, before running his hands through his sweat-soaked hair. These little bouts of 'wake up in the middle of the night, wondering what the fuck is up with my brain' are starting to kill him.

But he knows he won't be able to get back to sleep.

When he closes his eyes, thoughts of Fazzi's bright, sunny smile spring up, combined with him pliant, and naked, Matt smirking and scraping the inside of his thigh with his teeth. Fazzi lets his head tilt back, some low inhuman sound coming from him as Matt grips the base of his erection, and his mouth envelops—

Matt's eyes fly open. He reaches for the phone on the nightstand.

"What the fuck, it's late?" Fazzi grumbles. "I'M TRYING TO SLEEP."

"I had a weird dream." Matt says softly. "Can I come sleep with you?"

---
2. Bury Me in Black, My Chemical Romance
---

Adam crushes the cigarette beneath his shoe, looking straight at Fazzi.

"What?" He asks, or more-or-less states, in that slow, voice of his, that sarcastic grin wearing his face out.

"Nothing." Fazzi shrugs, completely innocent, stepping closer. "I certainly wasn't staring." He says in a demure voice, pressing their chests together. His places a hot hand on Adam's chest, dragging slowly downward, until he gets to the button on Adam's jeans.

Adam smirks. "You want to play that."

Fazzi puts on a shy smile, walking around the fence, back to his house next door. Adam watches him swing his hips, throwing a smirk over his shoulder, before entering his house.

That boy is a tease.

Adam's overcome with one of his urges to just forsake everything, and fuck his neighbor's youngest son. Just tie him down, and strip him of every drop of innocence he possesses; make him beg for it, give it to him, and then teach him a few things about teasing. But he can't.

In Adam's view, the plot of land next to his house, is the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, with Fazzi being the tempting snake, his sex the forbidden fruit.

And he knows he'll go to hell if he takes a bite out of that.

---
3. Whoa, Paramore
---

Isaac sighs, head in his head, as he listens to the doctor drag on about the bone marrow transplant he's to be receiving tomorrow morning. Eduardo squeezes his hand, turning his attention back to the doctor, who's explaining what he can and cannot drink before the surgery.

Eduardo takes to drawing patterns in Isaac's hands, trying to calm his nerves. Isaac's scared, hell; he'd be scared if he had to have a giant needle shove into his backside.

But he's glad he's doing it right alongside Isaac.

"Any questions?" The doctor asks, gathering up papers. They both shake their heads no, but Isaac hopes to god Eduardo was paying attention, because he has no idea what's going on.

"Alright then." The doctor gives a small smile. "You know what time you're supposed to be here?"

"Nine-thirty." Isaac pipes up, albeit in a small voice.

"Great. Best of luck you two then." The doctor shakes both of their hands, before leaving.

Isaac slides off of the bed, Eduardo following him out of the door, as they check back with the receptionist.

"You don't have to do this."

"Yeah." Eduardo shakes his head. "I kind of do."

"No." Isaac shakes his head. "They've would've matched me up with someone. Eventually."

"Keyword: eventually." Eduardo grabs his wrist softly. "And I want you alive now." He tells, in a soft vulnerable tone. "You know."

"Yeah." Isaac smiles, grabbing Eduardo's face, and kissing him. "Or something like that."

---
4. Lullaby, Taking Back Sunday
---

Jesse glares. Not his usual, 'hey, that was fucked' glare, but his rare, very potent bitchface glare. The one that would make Vlad the Impaler weak at the knees. Though if he were alive, his decapitation skills would be greatly appreciated right now.

John Nolan sits on the opposite end of that bitchface, all sunshine and lazy smiles. Jesse is confused by John, seeing as how John likes Jesse. John likes Jesse's anger. John likes the way Jesse's concise blues narrow into something, and his face gets that rosy color.

John thinks it's a very nice color on Jesse. But that's beside the point.

The point, in Jesselacey's eyes, is that John likes him. And John is not afraid.

Jesse's glare softens into something, a bit unrecognizable in John's eyes.

"You kissed me." Jesse breaks the silence, his face turning into a skeptic expression.

"I did." John's smile gets sunnier. "If I do it again, will you hit me?"

But before Jesse can answer, John's already up, lips pressed softly together.

---
5. Horchata, Vampire Weekend
---

Matt sips on his smoothie, patiently sitting on the bench in the park. It's the middle of December, and everybody he's seen so far has given him weird looks, because he's chugging a cold drink in the middle of a cold month.

He's crazy. But it's a part of his normal routine. And the smoothie store doesn't complain either, as they joking like to tell him he's the reason they run in the black during the cold season.

He brings his legs up to fold under his body, his gloved hands cradling his smoothie cup protectively as he sits, thinking passively and sucking on his straw.

"Can I sit here?"

Matt looks up to see this tall (well, everybody's tall in his opinion), guy, an identical smoothie clasped in his hand. The guy looks oddly familiar, though.

"Of course. I don't mind." Matt smiles, looking at the cup in his hand. He realizes that it's that guy who works with him, the one always give him the balances and reports. "This might sound odd, but we work together."

The guy smiles, perching on the opposite end of the bench, before scooting closer to Matt. "Yeah, I'm Adam. And you work in shipping?"

"Yes. You work in accounting, right? I'm always getting the reports." Matt smiles, while Adam nods. "I'm Matt. And I'm guessing you like drinking smoothies in the winter."

Adam laughs, a pinkish color coming to his cheeks. Of course he's not going to say he's seen Matt walk to and from the park, everyday. That would be creepy, and he wouldn't like Matt to think he was creepy. "You could say."

---
6. Without Love, Hairspray(2007)
---

Omar hopes this work. He swears, and swears, and hopes this is going to work. He doesn't want to be cheesy, but unfortunately, cheesy is the way he rolls.

Snatching the megaphone from the PE storage closet, he proceeds to walk headfirst in public embarrassment. Jogging on the field is one and only true love, Matt Fazzi, combined with the rest of the hockey team. Hurrying up and running up the bleachers, he takes a seat in the front and center, waiting for the right moment. Turning on his megaphone in anticipation, he waits until the hockey team comes running by, before he springs up and yells, "MATT FAZZI."

The whole team stops, looking around, before someone points up to the stands where Omar is standing.

"MATT FAZZI, I LOVE YOU." Omar goes straight for it, and he hears some laughter. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH." The whole group starts rolling the grass, clutching their stomachs, wile Fazzi just stands there, stricken.

"AND I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A CREEPY THIRTEEN-YEAR OLD GIRL—" More laughter. "BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT TO TELL YOU. BECAUSE I KNOW YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME ANYWAY."

Omar then, winces at what he just said, before he looks down at Fazzi again, this time his head hanging, while the rest of team laughs on.

"WHAT I MEANT WAS, I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU EARLIER, BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU'D TAKE IT NOT SERIOUSLY. AND I WANT YOU TO TAKE IT SERIOSULY." Omar amends. "AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW I'M IN SERIOSULY LOVE WITH YOU. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, AND YOUR EYES—" Omar gives a stupid smile. "AND I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR ME NOW THAT YOU'RE ALL POPLUAR AND SHIT WITH THE HOCKEY TEAM, BUT I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR ATTENTION."

Omar rubs his head awkwardly. Fazzi's team is now laughing even louder, and Fazzi looks like he wants to kill someone.

"BUT ANYWAY, I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT ME. HELL, I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU'RE GAY OR NOT. BUT I HOPE YOU ARE. I'M ONLY YOUR FRIEND, AND YOU AND I BOTH KNOW I'M NOT EXCEEDINGLY POPULAR, OR A GIRL, AND I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO OFFER YOU, BUT I CAN BANG THE SHIT OUT OF SOME DRUMS, AND I KNOW YOU HAVE A DEEP APPRECIATION FOR MUSIC."

Omar stops speaking, to realize the hockey team and Fazzi are staring at him.

"I ALSO UNDERSTAND IF YOU NEVER WANT TO TALK TO ME AGAIN." Omar adds, a weird tone to his voice. "I JUST INTERRUPTED PRACTICE, AND PUBLICALLY EMBARRASED YOU. I LOVE YOU, THOUGH."

Omar turns off the megaphone, and descends upon his Walk of Shame, the hockey team parting like the heavens, as they stifle their laughs, and as Omar declares his plan an absolute failure.

"Wait."

Omar turns around, hopeful, and Fazzi walks up to him, slapping him in the face.

"That's for thinking I would never listen to you." Fazzi says in a low voice. "And thinking I would never have time for you."

Fazzi then brings Omar close, lacing their hands together, and crashing their lips. In front of everybody.

"We're talking after practice."

---
7. Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy [Acoustic], Fall Out Boy
---

Matt makes an impatient noise, checking his watch for the fifth time.

It comes to him that he's been stood up. Again.

He sighs sadly, rubbing his hands over his face, before blowing his bangs out of his face. He looks at his move ticket, before shoving it in his pocket, and trudging to the exit.

"You haven't watched your movie."

Matt whips his head to the side, where he sees the bored, blue-eyed concessions boy looking at him.

"Um, excuse me?"

"You haven't watched your movie." He repeats slowly. "You paid for it, and it's most likely half way over by now, but you haven't watched it."

"Yeah." Matt looks down, defeat carved into his eyes. "It was sort of a date…"

"You got stood up." The boy walks around the counter, and Matt reads the nametag pinned to his shirt. Jesse.

"Looks like it." Matt answers in a sort of bitter tone, but Jesse smiles.

"The girl doesn't know what she's missing." Jesse looks at the clock. "Next showing's in twenty minutes; I'll watch it with you."

"Um…" Matt looks around awkwardly, not commenting on the fact that it's a guy. "Won't you get in trouble?"

Jesse pulls out a closed sign. "No."

"Okay?"

"You don't have to say yes." Jesse shrugs lazily. "I'm perfectly content with lying here, all by my lonesome."

Matt cracks a small smile. "Well, watching the movie me would be like lying there, all by your lonesome. I'm a boring person." That's most likely why Adam stood me up.

"I'll take my chances." Jesse smiles, and links arms with Matt. "I'm supposed to compliment you on your clothes first, right?"

---
8. Northern Downpour, Panic! At The Disco
---

"Something smells delicious."

Fazzi turns around to see Matt feeling his way over to where he is. He smiles, and meets Matt halfway, bending down for a short kiss.

"It's your favorite." Fazzi smiles softly, and Matt tilts his head up. He brushes his fingers against Fazzi's cheek, sliding them down to his lips. Fazzi's smile gets bigger, because he knows what Matt's doing. Somehow, Matt has an odd fascination with his smiles, but he's not complaining.

"Pancakes?" Matt asks, his fingers tracing the arc of Fazzi's smile, and he feels Fazzi kiss his fingers. "With chocolate chips, and whipped cream and—

"—And eggs, and sausage." Fazzi laughs, guiding Matt to the table. "And all those other dead animals you like."

"They're tasty dead animals." Matt follows the sounds of Fazzi's footsteps, before they stop, and the thunk of porcelain is set in front of him.

"I don't float that way." He can hear Fazzi almost shake his head, before fixing himself a bowl of cereal, and returning to the table.

As soon as he hears Fazzi's footsteps stop, he reaches out and awkwardly grabs Fazzi by the waist, setting him in his lap.

"Oh." Fazzi giggles, wrapping an arm around Matt's neck. "You."

"Mhmm." Matt rubs noises with him, smiling. "It's me."

Fazzi stares back at him, into his empty blue eyes, giving a small sad smile, knowing nothing's every going on behind those eyes. Matt's fingers come up, lightly outlining Fazzi's lips again.

"How do you do that?" Fazzi laughs, resting his forehead against Matt's.

"You breathe differently when you smile." Matt says. "It's a nice sound." He lets Fazzi off of his lap, to sit down next to him. "And I can bet your smile is gorgeous as well." He murmurs softly.

Fazzi doesn't say anything, as he holds Matt's hand, and begins to eat.

---
9. You're All I Have, Snow Patrol
---

"Hey." Isaac whispers-yells loudly, grabbing a pebble from his pocket and throwing it at Omar's window.

Omar lets himself go from his studies, walking to the window to see what the problem is.

"Come with me." Isaac smiles, waving his hand.

"I have to stay here." Omar points to his room. "And I'm still mad at you."

"Well," Isaac toes the dirt around. "Just come on. I'll have you back by curfew."

Omar gazes pointedly at him. "No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Plea—"

"NO." Omar yells, shutting his window.

Isaac shakes his head, knowing Omar's stubbornness. He looks around, double-taking at the giant tree conveniently located at the base of his window. A devilishly smirk on his face, and his bouquet of flowers tucked safely under his arms. Grabbing a couple of branches he hauls himself up, almost falling down once or twice.

Nestling himself safely in the crook of the tree, he watches as Omar reads his assigned English book. Isaac takes another rock out of his pocket, tossing it gently at the window. Omar twitches, but he doesn't exactly get up.

Isaac keeps sitting, wanting Omar to hurry up and open the window, because he's running out of rocks.

Omar finally stands up, pissed, and opens the window, his expression wilting the flowers set in Isaac's hand.

"You have a minute."

Isaac takes a deep breath. "I'm got you flowers." He holds them out, and Omar tentatively grabs them. "I'm leaving tonight."

"Leaving?"

"Leaving." Isaac says. "Remember?"

"Isaac—" Omar starts. "I didn't—"

Isaac shrugs, a sad smiling upturning his face. "I want to take you out."

"Okay." He smiles. "Sure."

And Omar runs back inside, shoving the first two shoes he can find, onto his feet, and following Isaac down the tree.

---
10. I Will Follow You Into The Dark, Death Cab For Cutie
---

Eduardo rubs calming circles into Matt's hand, listening to the heart machine, and watching the way his chest rises with each frail breath of air.

Matt makes a little groaning sound, turning over to face Eduardo. He opens his eyes, being met with Eduardo's watery smile.

"Hey." Matt weakly smiles, before coughing. "You're here."

"I wouldn't not be here." Eduardo says in a soft tone. "I want to see you."

Matt makes some satisfied sound, leaning back into the bed.

"You doing okay?" Eduardo asks, edging closer. "The staff is treating you well? The food is okay?"

"Yes, yes, and the food is shit." Matt chuckles. "But I feel loopy."

"You are loopy."

Matt grins, letting his eyes flutter closed, and Eduardo worries. "Matt?"

"Yeah?" He answers sleepily. "M'fine, just tired."

"Okay." Eduardo smiles brokenly. "Okay."

"Seriously." He gets an odd tone, his eyes fluttering again. "I'm good."

Eduardo lets a tear go, but wipes it away quickly. Matt doesn't see. He's fallen asleep.

Eduardo sighs, looking at the broken, cracked floor. "Please be okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)