Status: completed!

Remember the Old Days?

Watching the Rain

Taylor watched as the rain hit the window, making a rhythm she always loved to listen to. She was curled up on the window seat, listening to her mother and sister quietly talk about the wedding. It was in a few months. Jess was staying in town for that long. Taylor could hear her father flipping through the newspaper. She just watched the rain.

“Taylor, what colors do you think the wedding should be?” her mother asked, desperately trying to get her daughter to help with the wedding.

“I could care less,” Taylor said, not looking from the window.

She heard her mother sigh. Taylor knew her mother wanted to her to help out with the wedding and forgive Jess. But she just couldn’t. Could her mother really blame her? Jess did run away, leaving her family in the wake of her damage. Taylor always had to pick up the pieces. Sighing, she counted the rain drops that hit the window. She wished Charlie was here but he had something to do with his parents. He finally told them that they were back together. Taylor thought they would hate her since she broke their sons hear. But no, they welcomed her with open arms back into the family. A smile creped on Taylor’s face as she thought of Charlie. She lost count of the rain drops and just stared out the window. Taylor’s smile got wider as she saw the pond not to far from her house. She loved being there when it rained.

Taylor walked toward the pond. Charlie was meeting her there. They had been meeting at the pond at night ever since they got together, which was two years ago. Taylor smiled as she walked up to unaware Charlie. She wrapped his arms around his torso from the back.

“Hey, Charlie,” she whispered in his ear, making him jump.

Charlie turned around, kissing Taylor.

“Hey,” he returned back. “You know it’s not very nice to sneak up on people.”

“I know, but who said I was nice?” Taylor laughed, shrugging.

“I did. That’s one of the reasons I feel in love you.” Charlie smiled at her.

“What are the other reasons?” Taylor leaned her head on his chest, waiting for the list.

“Well, let’s see, I love how you always think about other, the way you don’t care what people think about you and how you only want to be yourself no one else. I love the way you lose yourself in music, how you make sure every picture you take is perfect, and how your smile can light up a room and make everyone in that room smile, too. I love that you’re self confident, independent, and strong willed. I love everything about you, from your freckled nose to your old Toms.”

Taylor didn’t say anything just stared in his eyes. She gave him a look of love. Charlie knew Taylor loved him as much or even more than he loved her. Sometimes he didn’t think she couldn’t love him any more than she does, but she always proved him wrong.

“I love everything about you, too.”

They stared in each other eyes, enjoying each other’s company. Both of them smiling, rain started to fall around them. Taylor laughed. She loved the rain, another thing Charlie loved about her. He watched as she twirled around, looking up. She took in everything about the rain. She could hear the familiar rhythm of it. Charlie caught her waist, bringing her closer to him. Smiling, he kissed her. There they were kissing in the rain.


“Taylor, Taylor, sweetie,” Taylor could hear her mother say, trying to get her daughter back to reality.

“Yea,” Taylor responded, turning to her look at her mother.

“We asked you if had thought about the maid of honor.” Taylor could hear the pleading in her mother’s voice. She wanted to Taylor to say yes and the fighting be over but with Taylor it was never that easy.

“No.” Taylor shook her head, getting up from her seat. She walked over to the door, grabbing her jacket.

“Where are you going?” her mother asked.

“To the pond.” Taylor opened the door, not looking at her mother.

“But it’s raining outside,” Jess said.

“Exactly the point.”

Taylor walked out, feeling the rain hit her. It put a smile on her face. She made her way to the pond, making her footsteps match the rain hitting the ground. Taylor almost ran to the pond when she became close enough. It was her favorite place to be when it was raining, ever since that night with Charlie. Taylor sat down in the wet grass not caring if her clothes got wet or if she got wet. She watched the rain drops hit the ground. She listened to the hit the earth. She smelled the wet ground. Taylor didn’t know how long she sat there, taking in the rain, before a voice broke her out of her own rainy world.

“I know you’d be here,” a voice said beside her said. Taylor looked up to see Charlie smiling down at her. “Did anyone tell you if stay out in the rain you’ll get a cold?” he asked as he sat next down to her.

“It’s worth it. I would risk get a cold everyday if it meant I could watch the rain,” Taylor replied.
Charlie shook his head, laughing at Taylor’s response. “Why do you like coming here when it rains?”

“We were here when you told me all the things you love about me. It rained after that. You kissed me in the rain.”

Charlie laced his fingers with Taylor’s. “You’re amazing. Do you that?”

“Yes, yes I do.” Taylor smiled at him while he laughed.

“Good. Someone should tell you that everyday.”

Charlie pulled Taylor into his embrace. They sat there just watching the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments make me happy. enjoy :)