Status: completed!

Remember the Old Days?

Goodbye

Taylor stood beside her best friend, Tricia, watching the people in front of her. She leaned on her car, looking for a certain person. She went through all the familiar faces again and again. She couldn’t find him.

“Taylor, would you calm down?” Tricia asked, looking at her friend. “What’s wrong with you?”

“He’s not here. I told him I wanted him here. He’s not here,” Taylor answered, looking back.

“You mean Charlie?” Taylor nodded. “Just give him a minute. He’ll come.”

Taylor sighed, looking back at the crowd. Her parents invited everyone they knew to see Taylor off. She didn’t understand or like it. She went over the crowd once again. She looked at every face there was. She saw him and she ran straight toward him. Taylor had a smile on her face. He came, he came, Taylor thought repeatedly. She stopped shot when she saw Carly on his arm with a smirk on her face.

“Charlie,” Taylor spoke, trying to stay calm.

“Hey,” he said as he turned around.

“I’m glad you could make it.” Taylor smiled hopefully.

“It’s the least I could do.” He shrugged acting like he didn’t care.

Taylor’s smile fell. “Well I better go.”

Taylor turned away. She gave everyone that was there a hug. She gave one last goodbye to her parents as she climbed into her car. She pulled out of the driveway, replaying the actions she did two years ago. But this time she looked back at what she was leaving behind. Taylor sighed as she drove to the place she couldn’t leave without going to.



Tricia stared at the guy right in front her. Shaking her head, she turned to the girl on his arm. She was disgusted by her. By him. Charlie gave Tricia a look to tell her to get off of his back.

“What’s wrong with you?” she finally spoke.

“Excuse me,” Charlie said, raising an eyebrow.

“You heard me. You love Taylor. You love her more than anything. Why did you just let her go?”

“I think I’m his girlfriend now. He doesn’t need her,” Carly spoke up. Tricia looked at her, narrowing her eyes.

“Oh, please, you’re just a rebound. He had no real feelings for you,” Tricia spat. “Answer me, Charlie, why did you let her go?”

“I tried to get her to stay. She wouldn’t. What else was I supposed to do?” Charlie snapped.

“I don’t know. Use that black box.”

“I have to go,” Charlie said, turning on his heel.

“Wait, Charlie, what about me?” Carly asked, with a fake pout on her face.

“Tricia was right.” With that, he was running.

Charlie could hear Tricia telling Carly to leave. He ran to the pond. The box in his pocket seemed to weigh a ton. He carried it around because he didn’t know what he was going to do with it. Charlie slowed down as he reached the pond. He needed to think and this was the only place he knew where to think at. But he sped up when he saw a red head standing in front of the pond. It was Taylor, he just knew it.

“Taylor,” Charlie screamed, making Taylor turned around to look at him. He ran to her, almost knocking her over as he embraced her into a hug. “I thought you already left.”

“I couldn’t leave without seeing this place first,” She replied, trying to get her balance back.

“But I thought this place held bad memories for you.” Charlie’s face had confusion all over it.

“Not anymore.” Taylor shook her head. “I can hear the girls laughing and you saying that you love me. There’s no screaming in pain and no replays of that night.” Taylor’s smile reached from ear to ear.

“Really?” Taylor nodded. “I’m glad.” Charlie smiled.

“I don’t think I can leave now.” Taylor looked out into the pond.

“Then don’t. Stay with me.” Charlie looked over to Taylor, holding her hands. “I love you. I need you. I don’t know what was going through my mind when I let you. I know now that I can’t live without you. I want you to be with me forever. I love you and only you, Taylor.”

Taylor looked shocked. She didn’t ever think he was going to say that. Her face broke out into a smile.

“I love you and only you, Charlie. I need you to be in my life,” Taylor said, putting her hand on his face.

“You have no idea how happy I am to hear that.” Charlie smiled back. “Taylor, since I can’t
live without you and I love you more than anything in the world,” Charlie started to say, getting on one knee. “Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?”

Taylor gasped. Her breath caught in her throat. Not even in her wildest dreams would she think he would do this. Tears prickled her eyes. She wanted to give him an answer before she started to cry.

“Yes,” Taylor said the words Charlie wanted to hear so badly.

Charlie smiled, getting up from his position. He slipped the ring on her finger. Taylor let the breath she was holding in out. The ring was beautiful. Tears fell down her cheeks and Charlie caught them before they could fall to the ground. Charlie slipped his hand over her cheek, kissing Taylor softly. They both were thinking at that moment, this was how it was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
last chapter. its done. I want y'all to do me a favor and leave a comment telling me what you liked, dislike, or what you thought about it. I want to know.
enjoy :)
I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much I loved writing it.