Status: completed!

Remember the Old Days?

Good Memories

After two more hours of watching Carly throw herself at Charlie and a car ride home, Taylor was now in the comfort of her room. Taylor looked around the room she occupied growing up. Her parents left it the same as she left it. Her walls were still painted the grayish blue color. She laughed remembering when Charlie and her painted her room and ended up throwing paint at each other. The walls were covered in picture she took of shows and of her and her friends goofing off. Her bed was still covered in the oversize black comforter. Above her desk were papers that meant nothing to her now but meant everything to her when she was in high school.

Sighing, Taylor sat down on her bed, looking over at her night stand. She picked up the only picture that was framed in her room. Smiling as she remembered that day. It was picture of her and Charlie the day she got out of the hospital. He had Taylor in a tight grasp, not wanting to ever let go. They were both smiling. Taylor could remember how ugly she felt that day, how ugly she felt for a year after the accident. One night, Charlie made sure she knew how beautiful she was.

“I just feel ugly now,” Taylor admitted to her boyfriend, Charlie.

It has been a little over a year after Taylor’s accident. It was midnight and she was lying on Charlie’s bed. He was on the right side of her. His head propped up on his hand listening to everything Taylor had to say. She had come over because his parents were out of town and his siblings were staying with his grandparents.

“Why?” Charlie asked, rubbing her left side. “I’m looking at the most beautiful thing in the world.”

“You’re just saying that,” Taylor whispered, blushing. “I feel ugly because of this stupid scar.”

“I don’t think the scar makes you look ugly. It shouldn’t make you feel ugly, too. You should be proud of it. You’re a brave, strong woman and everyone needs to know that.” Charlie looked into Taylor’s eyes. “It’s a part of you, there for it makes you beautiful.” He slid his hand up her shirt tracing the outline of it on her right side.

“You think I’m beautiful?” Taylor looked uncertain. “Even with the ugly scar?”

“Of course, I do. I will always think you’re beautiful.” Charlie leaned over to kiss Taylor.

“I love you, Charlie,” She whispered against his lips.

“I love you, too, Tay,” He said. “Every part of you, including the ugly scar.”

Charlie was now kissing ever part of the scar. Taylor had never felt more beautiful then right then. Charlie made sure she knew how much he loved her and how beautiful he thought she was that night.


Falling into her pillows, Taylor came out of the memory. Charlie was the only person who made her feel beautiful. She never dated a guy in New York, not that she had time. She just didn’t feel right being with someone that wasn’t Charlie. They’ve been through so much. Taylor felt like it was wrong to throw it all away, even though she was the one that left him. Thinking about what she’s done to him and all the drama she’s been through today, Taylor found that she was tired. Her eyes quickly shut before she had time to protest.



“Wake up, Tay,” a voice screamed in Taylor’s ear.

Not long after Taylor felt someone jump on her bed. Taylor just rolled over, mumbling to leave her alone.

“Oh, come on Taylor, its one in the afternoon and you promised that you would hang out with me today,” the voice said again.

Slowly opening her eyes, Taylor found that the voice belonged to Tricia, who was sitting on her bed, smiling at her. Taylor rubbed her eyes and sat up. She did remember promising Tricia she would hang out with her today. Taylor couldn’t believe she slept so long.

“Is it really one?” Taylor said, arching her eyebrow.

“No, its really six in the morning and I just thought I would get you up for the fun of being murder,” Tricia said, with the sarcasm dripping off of every word.

“Oh shut up.” Taylor looked around the room to see sunlight coming in from her windows. “I can’t believe I slept that long.”

“I can. You were always a sleeper. I’m surprised you made it to school on time most of the years.” Tricia laughed and Taylor joined in.

“What are we going to do today?”

“I don’t know. I guess we could pig out and catch up.” Tricia shrugged.

“Ok, fine with me.” Taylor got up from the bed.

Ten minutes later, the girls were sitting on Taylors bed with Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, talking about what they have been up to for the past two years. Both of them didn’t have a lot to say.

“How bad was Charlie when I left?” Taylor asked, looking down at her ice cream.

Tricia looked at her friend, trying to figure out if she should tell her how bad it was. She sighed. She decided she give her that much.

“I’m not going to lie. It wasn’t pretty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man cry so much. He never left his room until he had to go to college. then he didn’t leave his dorm but for classes. It took him a year and half to get over it. Taylor, he loved you some much.” Taylor flinched when Tricia said loved, yet she stayed quiet. “He wouldn’t talk to us. We would only get him on the phone for a minute once every two weeks. He thought he did something that made you leave. He was so heartbroken. Then Carly came along. He was slowly getting over it when she took him. She tried to mend his broken heart but he loved you too much for that to happen. She got fake nice, trying to get us all to like her. She figured out that Charlie would never love anyone like he loved you and maybe never again. His heart is still broken and full of love for you. And I’m pretty sure your heart is the same way.”

“I was the one that broke his heart. I don’t deserve to have my heart broken. I don’t deserve to have a heart at all,” Taylor said after a few seconds of silence.

“You know that he went to the pond every day during the summer and when he’s home from college?” Tricia asked her friend. Taylor’s head shot up with the mention of the pond. “I’m pretty sure he still does.’

“Why? That should hold bad memories for him,” Taylor asked, disbelieving it.

“No, they hold good memories to him. He asked you out there, had his first kiss with you there, told you he loved you there and heard you tell him you loved him there. Other than the accident, nothing but happiness lies there for him,” Tricia said, mumbling the word accident not sure how Taylor would react.

Taylor shook her head. Tears threaten to fall from her bright green eyes. She held them back as she remembered the time he told her he loved her.

“Come on, Taylor. Over here,” Charlie screamed at his girlfriend.

Taylor groaned, following her boyfriend to the familiar spot. She was cussing under her breath about being up too early and wanting to go home to go to sleep. Charlie snuck into Taylor’s room getting her up early enough to get her to the pond to watch the sunrise with him. He laughed as the red head complained about being hungry. He grabbed her hand, leading her to the perfect spot.

“Why are we here again?” Taylor said as the stopped at the spot. “It’s not our anniversary, is it?” The panic spread over Taylor’s face.

“No, babe. It’s not. I just wanted to watch the sunrise with you,” Charlie replied, laughing at the relief that washed over Taylor’s face.

“Ok, did you bring food?”

Charlie nodded and her face lit up. She sat down between his legs and rested her head on his chest. The sun was starting rise. Taylor gasped at how beautiful it was. Charlie smiled at the sight of his girlfriend being happy. They sat there for the longest time, just enjoying each other’s company.

“I love you, Taylor Kathleen,” Charlie said into Taylor’s ear.

Taylor looked like she was in shock for a few moments. Charlie was starting to get worried. She turned to him and smiled. She kissed him.

“I love you, too, Charlie Hewitt,” She whispered as she pulled away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
two flashbacks in the chapter. you know get to see how charlie and taylor's relationship was before she left. trust me, more to come. please comment because it makes me happy. :)