Status: completed!

Remember the Old Days?

The Hangover

Taylor wanted to die right then and there. Charlie had just texted her, telling her that they were all going to go get lunch and if she wasn’t too hung over she should come. She didn’t want to face him. Maybe he thought it was just drunk talk, Taylor thought as she got ready, yeah, that’s what he thought. Taylor met the rest of her friends at a little café in town. The whole time she drove down there she was playing what may happen there with Charlie. Surprisingly Carly was there, with that fake smile playing, oh, so perfectly on her lips. Taylor didn’t let that get her down; she put on her famous smirk and sat down.

“Anyone else hung over?” Taylor asked.

Amber groaned as she lifted her hand up. She had her head on the cool glass table. Taylor just laughed, thanking the Lord that her hangover wasn’t that bad.

“What did you guys do last night?” Carly asked, being nice. It was all fake.

“We went to the pond and hung out like old times,” Jackie answered. She never saw through Carly like Taylor and Tricia did.

“Where’s the pond?” Carly turned to Charlie. “Maybe you could take me there one day?” The fake smile never left her face. Taylor just wanted to punch her.

Charlie saw Taylor’s fist clenched. She was pissed that Carly would even ask a thing like that. That was their place. It would always be. Taylor looked over at him, giving him a look that said you better not say yes. It hurt that he would take this long to answer. It should have been a quick no and leave it at that. Charlie looked Taylor in the eyes and saw the pain this caused her.

“No, it’s kind of Taylor and I’s place. Sorry, babe,” Charlie said, putting his hand on Carly’s knee.

Taylor smirked at Carly, who was glaring back at her. Carly just rolled her eyes and let out annoyed sigh. Charlie could tell she didn’t want to be here, even Taylor could see it. She didn’t say anything else, just sank back into her chair.

“So how long are you staying, Taylor?” Jackie asked.

“Just till the end of the summer,” Taylor replied. Carly groan causing Charlie to look at her; Taylor just shrugged it off.

“Why did you come back again?” Carly asked, venom in her voice.

“My boss thought I needed a vacation. He told me to go home and visit with my family. All I really have to do is go to Warped and take pictures of bands there,” Taylor said ignoring Carly’s tone. “Any one want to go with me? I hate going alone. It’s in a couple of days.”

“Sure, I’ll go,” Charlie said, remembering all the fun he and Taylor had when they went back in high school.

“Me, too,” Tricia said, happily.

“Charlie, what if I want to do something with you that day?” Carly asked.

“Well, now we know that we can’t do something that day,” Charlie stated the obvious. “We can do something the day after.” He just wanted to make her shut up.

“Fine,” was all Carly said for the rest of lunch. She had her arms crossed over her chest and her head turned in the other direction.

Taylor couldn’t help but be amused for the rest of lunch. Watching Carly be mad at Charlie and him not caring was the best thing in the world. You could see Carly getting madder by each minute Charlie didn’t pay attention to her.



It was the day of Warped Tour. Taylor thought the last couple of days had been going by faster than usual. Charlie thought the same thing, though he would never say anything. He was afraid to make it true that Taylor’s days here were limited. Tricia didn’t want her friend to go. It was nice to have her around, even if it is for a little while.

Taylor, Charlie and Tricia were now in line to get into the venue. Charlie could tell hat Taylor was excited about Warped Tour. Her camera bag was slung over her shoulder as she showed the sercuity guy her backstage pass. Charlie and Tricia followed suit, making sure they could see Taylor as she made her way toward the first band she had to see today.

“Our Last Night is playing on the Kevin Says Stage first,” Taylor explained turning to her friends. “They’re the first band I have to shoot today. Then I have two sets off.”

Charlie nodded in understanding as Tricia just looked around, shocked by everything. Taylor made no warning as she took off in the direction of the stage. Charlie and Tricia stumbled to follow her. Another pass check and they were standing on the side stage. Taylor looked in awe as the band played not too far away from her. Our Last Night was one of her favorite bands.

Pulling out her camera, Taylor started to take pictures. She would look at her camera every now and then, smiling. This meant that it was a good picture. Charlie stared at Taylor instead of the show. He studied everything about her and found out that he still knew her like the back of his hand. Charlie thought back to the day Taylor first told him about her future.

Don’t you think that this is my best picture yet?” Taylor said, happily, shoving the camera in Charlie’s face.

“Tay, I think all your pictures are the best,” he said, laughing.”But I do think it’s a good picture.”

“Admit it, all my other pictures suck and this is the only good one I’ve taken.” She looked back down at her camera, going through the picture once again.

Taylor’s parents got her a camera on Christmas when she was thirteen. Now at seventeen, she still couldn’t put it down. Charlie always thought she was amazing at it. That Taylor was born to take pictures. She loved going to shows and taking pictures of the band performing. Taylor would often drag Charlie to shows for bands he’s never heard of. But he never minded. If it was what Taylor wanted and made her happy, then he would do it. He loved seeing the look on her face when a band played their first song or she would get a really amazing picture of them.

“Do you ever think of your future?” Charlie wondered out loud.

“I guess. I want to be a photographer, that’s for sure. The other details I feel like will just fall into place,” Taylor responsed looking at Charlie. “If we plan out everything, we ruin the surprises of life.”

Charlie smiled at Taylor. Another thing he loved about her. She was an amazing view on life, or anything for that matter. Charlie would have never thought of the things Taylor did.

“Well, I want to be married to you. I’m sure of that.” Taylor looked up at Charlie with wide eyes.

“You want to marry me?” Charlie nodded his head. “Why? I’m damage goods.”

Charlie frowned. It hurt his heart to hear her say that. She was the most beautiful thing to him.

“Don’t ever say that. I can’t stand to hear you say that about yourself. You will never be damage goods. You will always be the most perfect thing.” He cupped Taylor’s cheek.

“To you, I will be.” She looked down, not wanting to catch his glaze.

“No, not only to me,” Charlie said. “To a lot of people and those who don’t think so are mental anyway.”

Taylor laughed. “You’re joking.”

“No I am not. I could not be anymore serious. I don’t think I will ever fall in love with anyone other than you.”

Taylor could see how serious Charlie was in his face. She looked into his eyes and saw that he meant every word. Taylor knew that she would never love anyone else than Charlie, either.

“Then I will be married to you.”

Charlie smiled and pressed his lips against Taylors. He couldn’t be happier than he was right at that very moment.

“And I will never love anyone other than you,” Taylor whispered as they pulled apart.


Looking at Taylor, Charlie realized that what he said that night was right. He could never love anyone other than Taylor. But he would be too stubborn to admit. Taylor left him, he didn’t feel like he should be crawling back, telling her that he still loved her and he would always will. Charlie couldn’t take his eyes off of Taylor. She was beautiful. She always was. While Charlie was watching Taylor, Tricia and Taylor were memorized by the band playing in front of them.

“Man, they were amazing,” Taylor gushed. “I swear they get better every time I see them.” Her words remind Charlie to stop staring at her.

“You’ve seen them before?” Tricia questioned her friend.

“Yea, like three times.” Taylor shrugged like it was nothing. “I’m thirsty. Let’s go get something to drink.”

Charlie and Tricia nodded as they followed the red headed girl. Taylor made her way through the crowds effortlessly. It was like she was used to all this. But then again, her job was to go to concerts and take pictures of bands, so she was. Taylor was walking in front of her friends, smiling at the whole experiences that were waiting for her. She loved Warped Tour. Charlie was so worried about losing Taylor in the crowd that he didn’t noticed Tricia slip right beside him.

“I saw you watching Taylor during the show,” Tricia said, making Charlie jump a little.

“No,” Charlie replied, shaking his head. “I was watching the band.”

“I’m not blind Charlie. It’s okay. You still love her.”

Charlie rolled his eyes. “You didn’t see shit, Tricia.”

“Don’t be mad at me because you can’t admit that you still love her. When you come to your senses, you need tell Taylor, Charlie.” Tricia walked over to Taylor, who linked arms with her best friend.

Charlie sulked behind them. He knew Tricia was right. He had to tell Taylor but he didn’t want to. He had Carly. That should be enough, right? Charlie asked himself. He was rethinking what he did the past two years. None of it was made a difference to him if Taylor wasn’t there beside him. He knew that the whole time. He just wanted to hold her again, tell he loved her, and make sure she never got hurt. Charlie promised himself after the accident that he would protect her and never left her go. He felt like fail on the second part of that promise.

“Charlie,” Taylor screamed, bringing Charlie back to his surroundings. “There you are. There’s this local band playing. We have to go see them.” Taylor grabbed his wrist and then Tricia’s, dragging them behind her.

Charlie watching Taylor lose herself in the music that the band was playing. She was jumping around and belting out the words to each song. She even got Tricia to join with her too. Charlie just stood of to the side, watching the girls go crazy over a band. He smiled as they walked over to him. Both girls had a smile going from ear to ear.

“Did y’all have fun?” Charlie asked, smirking.

“Hell yes,” Taylor said as Tricia nodded her head.

Charlie laughed as they walked to the next set. Tricia and Charlie watched Taylor take pictures for the rest of day. Charlie once again, couldn’t take his eyes off of Taylor. The way she smiled at every picture she took, the way she lost herself in the music; he loved watching everything she did. He hoped Taylor didn’t notice but deep down, he hoped that she would. It would make it easier for him to tell her his feelings. They were all now watching the last set of the day on the side stage. Taylor had her camera in her hand, mouthing the lyrics. The pictures were amazing, Taylor thought to herself after the set was over.

“I’m dead tired,” Taylor said, walking out of the venue.

“My feet hurt,” Tricia whined. “Charlie, will you carry me?” Tricia looked over to him with a puppy dog face.

“I rather not,” Charlie said, making Taylor laughed.

“Come on, let’s go home,” Taylor said, walking off to her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is sort of a filler. sorry. comments = a happy me! enjoy :)