Status: In Progress.

The Only Rings I Have With Me Are the Ones Around My Eye

Flight.

Alex sighed as he flopped into the white couch. He dug into his skinny jeans and pulled out his Iphone. He slid his thumb over the numbers to unlock it and tapped open the contact list. Adam’s number was sitting at the top of the list. He hit call and put the phone to his ear as he felt himself sink deeper into the couch. He was regretting everything he said to Jack yesterday, and now he had to make it up to him. A few rings had gone by and he was hoping that Adam would pick up, but his voice machine picked up instead. “Hey Adam, it’s Alex. Call me back, it’s urgent and can’t wait.” He tapped the end button and ran his hand threw his hair. A few seconds later the phone buzzed and Adam was calling back.

“What’s up dude?” Adam’s voice echoed through the phone.

“Nothing. How is everything over by you?” Alex started to bite at his nails.

“Great actually. Audri is in the backstage with Eric, and this girl Kasey who drove her all
the way from the other side of New York.”

“Thank God.” Alex sighed a breath of relief. “So how are we going to do this?”

“What do you mean?”

“Jack’s mad at me,” Alex paused. “I told him he couldn’t go see Audri, and now he’s pissed.”

“Well why did you do that?!”

“We only have a week of tour left! It’s stupid to cancel!” Alex protested.

“Man,” Adam huffed. “You’re right. We’ll…would you like me to fly Audri and Kasey out on
the first flight?”

“That would be aweso- Who’s Kasey?”

“The girl who drove Audri all the way here.”

“Oh…and why is she coming?” Alex scratched his head.

“It’s the least we could do for her. She probably wouldn’t have stopped to help Audri if she didn’t realize she was the lighting designer for you.”

“Oh. She’s a fan?”

“Yeah.” Adam paused for a moment. “With some nice tits dude.”

Alex let out a laugh. “You’re such a horn dog. She can come too, I guess. You’re right, it’s the least we could do.”

“Yeah. I think you’d have no choice either, her and Audri seem to be getting along well.”

“Oh. Well good.”

“Yeah. I got to go though, we’re going to do a run through so I’ll talk to you later? I’ll text you when I find out what flight they’re on okay?”

“Yeah. Thanks Adam. I owe you.” Alex sighed.

“Nah, no problem. Bye.” He said as he hung up.

Alex sighed and shut his eyes, letting the darkness take over. The couch seemed as if it were swallowing him, and within minutes he was asleep on the couch.

Audri and Kacey walked through the backstage tunnels arm in arm. Audri pushed her bangs out of her face and smoothed her dress out. She was wearing a mocha colored tube dress that had a black belt around her waist with hematite accents on it, and cinch detailing on the bottom, the dress coming down to just about her mid thy. She had black boots that came up to just about her knees. Kasey’s blonde hair was teased slightly and she was wearing her thick rimmed glasses. She had black skinny’s with grey boots, and a white halter top on with it. They made their way up the red carpeted stairs and into the house of the theater. They found their way down to where Adam was sitting behind the light board. Audri sat next to him and watched as he set the lights to the preshow, and Kacey stood in the isle watching the actors run across the stage to get into their places.

“Heyyy,” Adam dragged as he continued to look down at the board. “Look in my bag,” he nodded to the shoulder bag sitting on the ground next to him. “Front pocket.” Audri nodded and pulled the bag up onto her lap and started to look through the pocket. She pulled out to white tickets and read them closely. ‘New York to London. 10PM flight.’

“What’s this?” Audri looked up at him.

“Jack needs to see you. He’s going crazy.” Adam said as he sat back in his seat.

“Are you coming?”

“No.”

“Then who’s the second ticket for?” Audri glanced down at the tickets.

“Kasey.” Adam smiled.

“Tonight?!” Adam nodded and Audri shifted her eyes over to Kasey. “I don’t know if she’s going to be able to go!”

“You’ll only be there a week.” Adam shrugged. “Then tour is over.”

“Oh yeah.” Audri took a moment to think about everything that had happened this tour.
From Jack and her fighting, to her and Jack getting back together, her and Alex, and what
had happened in the last month. She shook her head and smiled at Adam. “Thanks.” She sighed and stood up. “Do you mind if I go back to the apartment to pack then?”

“Nope. Go for it. I got it handled here.” Adam smiled and stood up to hug her. “Have fun.” He smiled before turning back to the light board. Audri made her way out of the isle and motioned for Kasey to follow her in to the lobby of the theater.

“What’s that?” Kasey asked nodding to the tickets.

“Uhm…” Audri looked down and fidgeted a moment. “Do you want to go to London?”

******

Alex pulled out his cell phone. No texts or calls yet from Audri. She should have been in by now, but maybe the flight was running late. He went to put his phone back into his jeans, but it vibrated seconds later. ‘We just landed.’ Audri’s text read. Alex grabbed his keys off the table.

“Where are you going?” Rian asked as he sat down next to Zack and Jack handing them beers.

“I’ll be back,” Alex shrugged as he made his way out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a filler... sorry.. >.< my writing is beginning to suck..