Status: In Progress.

The Only Rings I Have With Me Are the Ones Around My Eye

Bad Enough For You

Jack looked at his phone for the 60th time in 40 minutes. He sighed and looked around the room to see most of All Time Low’s band and crew talking and having fun. He glanced down and made his way to the kitchen not sure what was going on with him, or Audri. He sat up on the counter top with his phone in his hand, refreshing his twitter page. He hadn’t talked to Audri in three days, because she said she needed to think. Jack didn’t even know what she had to think about, he thought everything was fine and she was going to move in with him and everything was great. This “thinking” was so out of the blue and it was driving him crazy. He looked up to see everyone laughing and making their way out to the back yard to start the cook out. Everyone had gathered at Rian and Alex’s house for a B&C get together day, and the only person missing was Audri. Alex walked in the kitchen with his leech Kacey following him like usual. He opened the freezer to grab out the meat to grill.

“What’s up with you?” Alex asked as he started to pile hamburgers, hot dogs, and steaks on the counter.

“Have you talked to Audri?” Jack got up off the counter.

“No. She hasn’t talked to you at all today?” Alex gave him a confused look.

Jack gave him the same confused look back. “No, she hasn’t talked to me in three days, and she told me she had a lot to think about.”

Alex glanced over to Kacey who got the hint to take some of the meat and head outside. Alex leaned over the counter and pulled out his phone. “I’ll try texting her, but she hasn’t answered me at all in a while. I just assumed she was with you or something, because it’s really hard to get a hold of you two when you’re together.” Alex set his phone down. “She said she has a lot to think about?”

“Yeah.” Jack rolled his eyes. “What the hell does that mean? We’ve been happy ever since we finally figured everything out and the way she acts around me made me think like she was in love with me. I don’t understand what she has to think about. She knows she’s my entire fucking world.” Jack looked at his phone again, and nothing.

“Maybe this whole engagement thing is scaring her? I mean she is only 19.” Alex shrugged.

“Alex she’s 20 next week, she’s not that young.” He grabbed a beer from the fridge.

“20 is kind of young to be engaged though.” Alex picked up his phone.

“It’s more of a promise ring.” Jack defended. “It’s just a promise to be engaged.”

“Why?” Alex kind of rolled his eyes. “Don’t you want to ask her like over a nice dinner or something? Romantic like?”

“She said she didn’t mind.” Jack shrugged. “I just don’t want to lose her Alex, and I’m making myself sick by worrying about it. You’re not helping either.” He looked at his phone again. “UGH! Has she answered you?”

Alex looked down at his phone to see one new text message from Audri. “Nope.” Alex looked up at him. “Nothing. You know Jack you really need this party. You should just have some drinks and food, party, and then go to see Audri tomorrow.” Alex watched as Jack paced.

“Why do I feel like you don’t really give a shit about this Alex?” Jack dropped his hands to his sides and glared at him. “You know I think all that sex you’re having with Kacey is starting to get to your head. Maybe- as crazy as it sounds- I want to settle down with Audri. Maybe I want to be married to her because I love her and I want everyone to know she’s mine- forever.” Jack just stared at Alex. “Why aren’t you be happy for me?”

“I never said I wasn’t,” Alex gave him a confused look.

“You never said you were either Alex.” Jack sighed, “I’m going home to get drunk by myself tonight. I’ll talk to you later.” Jack set his beer down and grabbed his jacket off the chair and headed out the front door. Alex stared down at the counter for a moment thinking about what just happened. He pulled out his cell phone and opened the text message from Audri.

To: Audri Moore.
Can I come over tonight?
From: Audri Moore.
When?

Alex looked up to the front door that just slammed and glanced back down at his phone.
He quickly replied and then chugged the rest of his beer. He slid his phone in his pocket and made his way back outside to the party.

--

Audri sighed as she stood looking down at her phone. Jack was going insane, not hearing from her in three days. He’s at least respected it, and hasn’t tried to contact her annoyingly. She glanced up at her phone into the jewelry store window staring at the rings that were on display. She wanted nothing more than Jack to be there with her picking out a ring. All she could hear is Alex’s voice in her head though. She sighed as she shoved her hands in her sweatshirt pockets and continued down the street. She debated about going to the All Time Low party, but she didn’t know if she was quite welcomed considering she’s done nothing but avoid Jack the last few days, and how much of a jerk Alex was being. She felt horrible about letting Alex come over later, but ignoring Jack. Alex and her had to figure out what was going on between them though. Audri already knew that she wanted nothing more than to just be friends with Alex, and marry Jack, but if at any point that was going to become an issue between Alex and Jack she was going to disappear. She just had to talk to Alex.

From: Adam
Where are you? You’re totally missing the party, and everyone misses you! Please come? I’ll be nice (;

Audri giggled and then sighed. Might as well go to the party, what was there to lose? Jack would be happy to see her. Alex would just have to suck it up. She turned and waved for a taxi, heading back to the apartment to change.

--

Alex ran upstairs to grab his acoustic guitar. He, Rian, and Zack were talking and Alex had mentioned he had written a new song and they wanted to hear it. Alex grabbed the lyrics page and headed back downstairs. Zack grabbed a stool from the kitchen for Alex and they headed back outside where the party was. Everyone was having fun playing drinking games and grilling. Only two people were missing, Audri and Jack. Jack. Alex wondered if he should be playing the new song without Jack here, but in the end it was better if Jack was just alone for tonight, and Alex had already planned to play the song for everyone. He shook the thought out of his head as he sat on the stool and tuned his guitar, excited to play. “Hey listen up!” Alex shouted over everyone. Once he had their attention he continued. “So I recently wrote a new song, and I was wondering what everyone’s opinion was on it, it’s kind of a new direction.” He shrugged. Everyone seemed excited to hear it. Alex picked up his guitar and started to strum and sing.

No, I won't call you baby
I won't buy you daises 'cause that don't work
And I know how to get you crazy
How to make you want me so bad it hurts

I wanna be good, good, good to you
But that's not, not, not your type
So I'm gonna be bad for you tonight
Tonight, tonight

I'll misbehave if it turns you on
(Turns you on)
No Mr. Right if you want Mr. Wrong
(Mr. wrong)

I'll tell you lies
(Tell you lies)
If you don't like the truth
I don't wanna be bad
(I don't wanna be bad)

I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well, I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well, I just wanna be bad enough

Hey
(Hey, hey)
Thanks for the number
(Thanks for the number)

I'm not gonna call you
(Not gonna call you)
'Cause that won't work
(Cause that won't work)

You like to play
(Play, hey)
Hide and go get her
(Hide and go get her)

'Cause you like me better
(You like me better)
When I play the jerk
(When I play the jerk)

I wanna be good, good, good to you
But that's not, not, not your type
So I'm gonna be bad for you tonight
Tonight, tonight

I'll misbehave if it turns you on
(Turns you on)
No Mr. Right if you want Mr. Wrong
(Mr. wrong)

I'll tell you lies
(Tell you lies)
If you don't like the truth
I don't wanna be bad
(I don't wanna be bad)

I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well, I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well, I just wanna be bad enough

You love to hate me when I'm chasing you
And I hate to say this but I'm stuck on lovin' you
So I pretend that I don't care
I'll stand you up to keep you here
I'll make you hate me, just enough to make you want me

I'll misbehave if it turns you on
(Turns you on)
No Mr. Right if you want Mr. Wrong
(Mr. wrong)

I'll tell you lies
(Tell you lies)
If you don't like the truth

I don't wanna be bad
(I don't wanna be bad)
I don't wanna be bad
(I don't wanna be bad)

I don't wanna be bad
(I don't wanna be bad)
I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well I just wanna be bad enough for you
Well I just wanna be bad enough for you

Alex looked up to see everyone applauding and cheering. He grinned until his eyes landed on Jack standing in the back with a pissed off expression on his face. He shook his head at Alex and turned to go back into the house. Alex’s heart stopped for a moment and set down his guitar running after Jack. He ran into the house and found Jack grabbing his stuff from the front hall. “Jack, when did you get back?”

“Just in time to hear the song.” He mumbled.

“Why are you mad at me?” Alex asked. Worried. Freaking out. Jack walked back into the kitchen and Alex followed.

“Who was that song about Alex?” Jack glared.

Alex just stared at him for a moment. “Kacey obviously.” He shrugged.

“Bullshit.” Jack spat. “Play hide and go get her? I’m not stupid. I remember you saying that about Audri on tour. Im pretty sure your words were “Audri likes to play hide and go get her,”” He shook his head. “I’ll ask you again. Who was that song about?” He glared. “I want the full story.”

Alex just stared at Jack speechless. That’s when Audri walked in the room. “What’s going on?” She asked biting her lip. Jack just looked at her and shook his head grabbing his keys off the counter.

“Fuck this.” He said as he blew pass Alex and Audri slamming the front door. Alex stood there shoulders sunken in. Audri’s body filled with anger.

“Alex what the fuck did you just do!?” She shouted, and then ran after Jack outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow it's been awhile, but i had a lot of fun writing this chapter! comments comments- it's summer time so this story should be getting updated a lot faster :D