Twins

Prologue

Celene Lenora walked in that morning, adjusting her tan jacket appropriately. She waved hello to her colleagues who were already working, talking to two new students. Celene watched her friend bite her lip and nod. She tried her best not to eavesdrop as the other secretary continued to converse with the pair of students.

"Our school offers tutoring after classes and during lunch." Jackie Greene said nervously, the twang in her accent just as strong.
The pair of students seemed to be looking everywhere but the woman's eyes, taking in all their surroundings, the tacky pictures of the woman's children, the anicent desktop, the flower pot on Celene's desk, the loud reliable clock. The girl's hair swooped over her shoulder as she looked towards the other secretary.

"We'll be fine, Miss." She raised her eyebrows. The small girl was more intimidating then her pretty face should be able to manage, thought both the women.

Jackie opened her mouth, raising a finger as if she was about to make an important point. She sighed. There was nothing else to say. "Have a good day, then." She watched as the girl rised with the other student. The pair glided through the door, not looking back or even saying goodbye.

Jackie rubbed the back of her neck, suddenly looking up at Celene. "They're twins..." Celene nodded, the girl's icy stare still in her mind. Kids these days, she thought to herself. What scary kids...