A Living Nightmare

Meeting Cas

The boys stared at her as she tried to force the words out of her mouth. How could she explain this to them? They hadn’t known Bryan and they hadn’t known anything about her love for him.

“You shouldn’t be pressing her this much.”

Wendy jumped and turned around. Her heart started beating faster as this random person stood in their room with a trench coat on. She didn’t know who he was or why he was there.

Dean rolled his eyes. “She’s my sister. I can press her as much as I want.” He stood and grunted. “What do you want, Cas?”

She turned towards Dean and looked confused. “Who is this?”

Sam gave Dean a look as Cas looked at her. “Mine name is Castiel. I am an angel of the lord. I have helped your brothers many times. They are now my friends.”

She stood. “Um…hi?”

He nodded to her. Dean walked to him. “I will ask this again, since obviously no one is listening to me. What do you want?”

Wendy turned to him. “Calm down moron. Be polite. He may be your friend but he is still a guest.” She smacked the back of his head. “Jeez get some manners.”

Cas looked back to Dean, the hint of a very distant smile on his face. “I like her.”

Wendy smiled. “Thank you.”

Then she sighed. “I am going to step out of the room to get some fresh air and let you boys talk.”

Before Dean could protest, she slid out the front door, and leaned against the railing outside. She took a deep breath and sighed.

When she opened her eyes, she saw the door open again, revealing Sam. “Sammy I just want to be alone.”

He shrugged. “Talk to me, Wendy. I am not Dean. I promise I will listen to everything you have to say and actually give some good advice.”

She hesitated and then sighed again. “I just…don’t know how you guys will react to everything I have to say. we’ve been apart for so long. I left, remember? Now I have been pulled back into this life and I am only here to kill the thing that killed Bryan. I am a famous person, Sammy. This isn’t the type of thing to do for a famous person. This is going to be everywhere so we have to be careful about what we do from now on.”

He nodded. “I know this is hard for you. We haven’t been much help, either. But you need to know you can always talk to us. And even if Dean is in one of his moods, you can always come to me.” she smiled and he let a tiny grin come across her face. “See, there you go. That is a start. I can finally see you coming back to being my sister again. And yeah…we missed you for a long time. But we have you back now for whatever reason. No matter what we will always be here for you.”

She hugged him. “You know the press is going to be all over this place trying to find me.”

He laughed. “You always were the one creating trouble.”

She mocked him and playfully punched his arm. He shook his head and laughed some more and before either of them knew it they were in a small wrestling match and finally, when she was out of breath, she forfeited.

She threw her hands in the air. “Ok I forfeit!”

They laughed and she sighed. “Thanks, Sammy.”

He nodded. “You sure you don’t need to talk about anything else?”

She hesitated again. “Actually there is something. But you have to promise me that you will not tell anyone…not even Dean. I will tell him soon just not now.”

He nodded. “I promise, Wendy.”

She took a deep breath and finally let her stress off of her chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I didn't tell you what she has to say yet. You will find out soon enough. :)