Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Twenty-Two.

“Maybe we should just be friends.” Patrick said looking up at me. I squinted at him and just wondered if he was crazy.
“You can't just date someone for almost half a year, say you're breaking up with them, screw them, then leave and just want to be friends, Patrick. Like, are you out of your mind?” I started yelling.
“Blaine, come on. Don't be like this.” He said.
“Really? Because two days ago, you were talking about us moving in together. You told me you loved me two days ago. And now, you're telling me all this. Don't tell me to stop because honestly, I'm allowed to be upset.” I said.
“I never said you weren't.” He said quietly.
I was starting to get angry at Patrick. I'd rather be angry than want to cry over him. I hated crying and I hated crying in front of Patrick. I got up and grabbed his coat he left the other night.
“Here's your coat. You left some of your other things here, so you can get them. I hope it's all gone by the time I get back.” I said handing over the coat. He grabbed it and just looked at me. “Before I leave, I want to ask you one last time. I need you to tell me the truth. Why are you breaking up with me?” I asked him as I stood in the doorway.
“Because I love you enough to know that I can't be there for you and that I'm only holding you back in life.” He said looking down at the coat.
I stood there for a minute then left to go for a walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?